Killing blow soulblight command trait

Tizianolol

3 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

So in general every command trait and artifact arent affected to the mount ?:( sorry but in waiting my gh2!

- a normal spell can buff an hero mount?

If a spell buffs the model, then it will work on the mount unless otherwise stated. The GHB rule specifically lists Command Abilities and Artifacts as not effecting mounts.

I would put money on the mention of Command Ability instead of Command Trait being a typo and we get Errata in the next week or so.

But you're right, as it's currently written, Command Traits apply to mounts, even if that doesn't make any sense in the context of the paragraph and it's placement in the GHB

I'm with @klunc and @Bademeister on this one - probably a mistake from GW.

Before going through 40 pages of Command Traits & Artefacts available to Generals, it would make sense that the Mount paragraph does refer to Command Traits as opposed to Abilities.

Hopefully GW will clarify the matter ASAP...

To be clear, the Mount limitation only re Command Trait only refers to attack modifiers, not defensive ones ;-)

5 hours ago, Bademeister said:

In the German Version of GHB2017 it is written, that Command Traits and Atrifacts don't apply to the Mount.

So i think there will be a errata soon for the english wording.

Also the italian versioni said "command ability" so itcan be the German one the one mistaken

49 minutes ago, Nico said:

It's generally not the role of the GHB to change core rules like how Command abilities work - Artefacts and Command Traits obviously go hand in hand as part of the GHB, so 99% this is meant to say Trait.

not true. Why not it's role? It's the competutive manual there yiu find the rukes of one and how to make matched èlay work. So as it can control artufacts it can also cl trol commnd abilities: It contols scenarios, victory condutions and so on, so it can cotrol also command abilities.

And it's not new at this, do you remember as it control summoning? Magic? So it's not something new.

3 hours ago, deynon said:

not true. Why not it's role? It's the competutive manual there yiu find the rukes of one and how to make matched èlay work. So as it can control artufacts it can also cl trol commnd abilities: It contols scenarios, victory condutions and so on, so it can cotrol also command abilities.

And it's not new at this, do you remember as it control summoning? Magic? So it's not something new.

I think you are really stretching here. It makes absolutely no sense for them to have meant command abilities. Why put that in a section specific to characters and their mounts? Command abilities not affecting mounts would have a HUGE impact on the game as it would affect far more than just characters. Why put it in a section specifically about how characters can be equipped? Also, the section covering artefacts etc. not affecting mounts is in the allegiances section NOT the introducing matched play section (where all the rules that modify the core rules are found). If "command abilities can't affect mounts" was some new matched play rule it would be in the "introducing matched play" section, not in the alliances section. 

6 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I think you are really stretching here. It makes absolutely no sense for them to have meant command abilities. Why put that in a section specific to characters and their mounts? Command abilities not affecting mounts would have a HUGE impact on the game as it would affect far more than just characters. Why put it in a section specifically about how characters can be equipped? Also, the section covering artefacts etc. not affecting mounts is in the allegiances section NOT the introducing matched play section (where all the rules that modify the core rules are found). If "command abilities can't affect mounts" was some new matched play rule it would be in the "introducing matched play" section, not in the alliances section. 

cause usualle are the heroes the ones with command abilities? If referred to command trait it would be almost useless and most part of it even not be wprthy of notuce. 

Even consodering mounts it's a big power decresing, so why should command abilities sound so alien?

My error about the referring, I'm used open games be quite liberal about how to play and done ina not competitive way; anyway what doesn't change it's that perfectly fit matched games.

As I said artifacts can influence multiple heroes, command traits not; so being command abilities it's quite correct.

So it males sense.

I'm not glad about it, but it males sense.

In some way is a resizing of the monsters riden Heries and if you notice this GH2017 is moving toward masses as playing, so reaspnable also there.

Anyway ifa mistake they'll rekease a FAQ, otherways simply it will remain as so, cause it's clear about ut, only the German one say command traits instead of command abilities (if true is written  so)

Archived