How to equip skyriggers

Baardah

You could definitely make 1 volley gun, 1 skyhook/drill/grapnel launcher.

Honestly you can then do the same as above again (so 2 volley guns, 2 hooks,drills,grapnel) and one of each "regular". If you really want to have some of each unit. 

If you want fewer special weapons and more guys often it seems riggers do better in close combat and so you would only do a grapnel or 2 in a larger unit for the utility of movement. Wardens seem more as a mobil ranged weapons playeform despite appearing much more close combat inclined.

Just my thoughts, ultimately build what you enjoy the most! 

I just build my first unit of Endrinriggers.
I gave them just one Skyhook. The Saws are great. So I try to profit form them as much as possible.

So my plan is to buff the Saws with my Khemist. Move the Riggers 12", shot the Hook at a unit I wanna see dead, move the D6" and then charge the rest.

You have to have a grapnel launcher just because the rules are way too awesome! My first 3 have been built 1 Grapnel, 1 Volleygun, 1 normal dude (Endrinriggers). If I flesh the unit out to 6 I will probably add another 3 normal dudes and then get a Khemist to buff the saws.

So the grapnel or hook is the spec. Weapon of choice? The movement of the grapnel eels great, but when they get there it's not much left to do damage. 

If I where to build a skyhook shooter, and add the grapnel hanging from his belt, would that be WYSIWYG enough to enable it to be used as either or for each battle?

I have found with the Riggers, because the benefit of the combat weapon and kemist buffs you keep as many unchanged as possible, and I add grapnels to get them places.

3 = all Saws

6 = 5 Saws, 1 grapnels

9 = 7 Saws, 2 grapnels

12 = 9 saws, 3 grapnels

I've run them as all of the above and had a lot of success with it.

Regarding Wardens, I love running them as MSU units of 3.

Custodian with Spear for 3 attacks

1x Volly, 1x Drill Gun

Gives them a little CC hit when they need to go fight a 5 man unit of something.  And they dart around taking objectives, being roadblocks, and causing silly triggers with their 'skymines'.  And as their numbers are so low, I dont worry about battle-shock or even losing them.

I will add, I have SEEN Riggers run in the 'drop outta ships lists' with 3-4 of the skyhooks to drag the unit closer to the units its shooting, possibly getting them easily within 3 inches of anything.

I have also seen videos of 9-12 Wardens with 3-4 drill cannons and nothing else but CC weapons grind down bloodthirsters, so /shrug it depends on what you are looking for.

On 8/13/2017 at 3:34 AM, Baardah said:

So the grapnel or hook is the spec. Weapon of choice? The movement of the grapnel eels great, but when they get there it's not much left to do damage. 

If I where to build a skyhook shooter, and add the grapnel hanging from his belt, would that be WYSIWYG enough to enable it to be used as either or for each battle?

Not sure if you opened your box yet, but the end of the 'heavy weapon' chassie would be quite easy to magnetize with either the hook/drill/grapnel.  Just a couple of small magnets and you could switch between any of the 3.

I thought about it, but I opted for the skyhook, but made the grapnel hang from his belt. It looks cool, and I'll probably buy more boxes to make all the alternatives.
I built two with the pikes and pistols and actually like them the most.
I don't play many games. I mainly model and paint so I decided to go for rule of cool here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived