Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

So I bought 10 Doomfire Warlocks, a bunch of Black Ark Corsairs (mostly for their hand crossbows for conversions) and a metal Blood Cauldron from a friend. The metal 'Keeper' looks a lot like a Hag Queen, with the goblet and everything, so that will give me a bit more variety in Hag Queen looks, and seems ok with the look of the army. Now just trying to work out what to do with the metal Cauldron and two witch aelves. They look very different to the more modern plastic versions.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GammaMage said:

So I bought 10 Doomfire Warlocks, a bunch of Black Ark Corsairs (mostly for their hand crossbows for conversions) and a metal Blood Cauldron from a friend. The metal 'Keeper' looks a lot like a Hag Queen, with the goblet and everything, so that will give me a bit more variety in Hag Queen looks, and seems ok with the look of the army. Now just trying to work out what to do with the metal Cauldron and two witch aelves. They look very different to the more modern plastic versions.

Scenery? Is the Avatar on it worth using as a standalone Avatar? I guess it depends on how much it cost!

I sold my old (OLD) metal hydra. I really thought I could cope with using it but it was so ridiculously small and old fashioned compared to the new plastic one it looked at odds with the rest of the army. Even the beastmasters were smaller than most of the standard Dark Elves I have! 

So I've gotten tired of playing stormcast and we have a bunch of death players, so I'm starting up this army. 

So far I've gotten 2 boxes of melusai and the blood coven box.  Until I get more models, I'm going to run the shadowhammer compact and I'm fairly certain someone already asked, just dont feel up to dredging through the entire forum, that battalion has more than 400 points of stormcast in it, so do they gain the daughters of khaine keyword or what?

5 hours ago, xaljorn14 said:

So I've gotten tired of playing stormcast and we have a bunch of death players, so I'm starting up this army. 

So far I've gotten 2 boxes of melusai and the blood coven box.  Until I get more models, I'm going to run the shadowhammer compact and I'm fairly certain someone already asked, just dont feel up to dredging through the entire forum, that battalion has more than 400 points of stormcast in it, so do they gain the daughters of khaine keyword or what?

The SCE don't gain the DoK keyword but the army will count as DoK allegiance. Essentially the SCE won't get the temple or allegience abilities but the DoK units will.  This is covered in the battletomb too where it talks about battalions. 

1 hour ago, Azurious said:

The SCE don't gain the DoK keyword but the army will count as DoK allegiance. Essentially the SCE won't get the temple or allegience abilities but the DoK units will.  This is covered in the battletomb too where it talks about battalions. 

Thank you!  Wanted to ensure how it worked.   

Yesterday and a little bit of today have been slowly but surely getting Morathi painted up. My games now been changed to 1250 points for the 3v3 so gotta work out a different list for her ?

also try and find witch elves for not too expensive (ebay is not helping much with that)

IMG_20180512_153850.jpg.6f05bfa88485df831bc392e7f9e9a985.jpg

IMG_20180512_163403.jpg.df370b1bbbfe1def71bfd990f10dcc9d.jpg

Also @DantePQ those snakes look amazing! Your bright colours and seeming ability to blend / do lighting makes me jealous ;)

@Lightbox thanks but it's not my work this fantastic job is my friend Arthur's work I only came up with test model and color scheme I will let him know that you liked it ;)

An  BTW Blood Sisters in HaggNarr are awesome and sneak peak new edition rules look good, very good for DoK. 

24 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

@Lightbox thanks but it's not my work this fantastic job is my friend Arthur's work I only came up with test model and color scheme I will let him know that you liked it ;)

An  BTW Blood Sisters in HaggNarr are awesome and sneak peak new edition rules look good, very good for DoK. 

Ooh excellent to hear!

So, been going back and forth between wanting to have a Bloodwrack Medusa as my general for battleline sneks, or a Slaughter Queen for her command ability.

And then they said in the new edition we can use the command abilities of all our heroes! #best of both worlds

6 minutes ago, GammaMage said:

So, been going back and forth between wanting to have a Bloodwrack Medusa as my general for battleline sneks, or a Slaughter Queen for her command ability.

And then they said in the new edition we can use the command abilities of all our heroes! #best of both worlds

Morathi is even  better , if you go with Shrine and Medusa - Hag Queen is better as witchbrew is very strong. I love those changes as it nerfs shooting a little and then boosts Morathi so you will be able to use her CA more (of course it's still risky but with HaggNar she could be hidden and has 5++ FF and 3+ save - without any extra protection like mysticshield/blessing of khaine). Still sucks that DoK shooting is quite useless but Morathi ability with Avatar shooting attack and Bloodwrack Shrine shooitng attack could be in some situations amazing. - but I run Cauldron, Shrine and Morathi anyway (and it works great so far) 

Hi! ?

I am completely new to AoS and I have decided to start playing DoK simply because I love the look of their models.

At the moment I have assembled just a box of SoS, 9 with whip and buckler and 1 with whip and battlehorn. What should I do with the next 2 boxes of SoS? Should I build some standard bearers and 1 maiden of shard as well?

Thank you in advance for your help! :D

7 minutes ago, Lilunyel said:

Hi! ?

I am completely new to AoS and I have decided to start playing DoK simply because I love the look of their models.

At the moment I have assembled just a box of SoS, 9 with whip and buckler and 1 with whip and battlehorn. What should I do with the next 2 boxes of SoS? Should I build some standard bearers and 1 maiden of shard as well?

Thank you in advance for your help! :D

Most units in AoS come with a 'champion' model who is a little better at fighting, which is the Maiden of Shards for a unit of Sisters of Slaughter, so yes you should build one of those to lead your sisters.

You should have at least 1 musician and standard bearer in each unit as well, there is no reason not to and the effects they provide to the unit are very handy to have. You are strictly free to make as many models in a unit hold horns or standards as you like, but it can look a little silly if you have too many.  Personally I like to have one horn blower and one standard per ten models, that way if I ever want to split the 30 models into three smaller units for whatever reason I'll have enough banners/musicians to do so.

7 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Most units in AoS come with a 'champion' model who is a little better at fighting, which is the Maiden of Shards for a unit of Sisters of Slaughter, so yes you should build one of those to lead your sisters.

You should have at least 1 musician and standard bearer in each unit as well, there is no reason not to and the effects they provide to the unit are very handy to have. You are strictly free to make as many models in a unit hold horns or standards as you like, but it can look a little silly if you have too many.  Personally I like to have one horn blower and one standard per ten models, that way if I ever want to split the 30 models into three smaller units for whatever reason I'll have enough banners/musicians to do so.

Thank you very much for your reply. ^_^

9 hours ago, GammaMage said:

I use the Bloodwrack Medusa Shrine with 3 Hag Queens, 3@ 20 Blood Sisters, 2@ 5 Heartrenders. With Hagg Nar temple, you’ll have defense and offense to shred your enemies

14 minutes ago, Scythian said:

I don't know about you, but the Daughters of Khaine aren’t impressed by these spooky ghosts! Time to call the Ghostbusters of Khaine! 

Yeah, who cares about ignoring rend if you don't have any rend to begin with?  

Really? Because of one army like Nighthaunt you would drop Mindrazor? Surely I won't, worse case scenario against Nighthaunt you can cast other spells. Unless Nighthaunt is Changehost host alike top tier and dominating I wouldn't even consider dropping Mindrazor. 

Haha, probably not, Mindrazor is still a very good spell regardless.  Though in my local group I don't think I ever get quite as much use out of it as it suggests on paper, I don't think I've fought against anything less than bravery 10 in months...

2 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Haha, probably not, Mindrazor is still a very good spell regardless.  Though in my local group I don't think I ever get quite as much use out of it as it suggests on paper, I don't think I've fought against anything less than bravery 10 in months...

Same situation here. Every army I fight has bravery 7,000, so I just use mindrazor for the Rend boost. I don’t think I’ve been able to take advantage of the 2 wound ability with my snakes more than once. 

34 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Same situation here. Every army I fight has bravery 7,000, so I just use mindrazor for the Rend boost. I don’t think I’ve been able to take advantage of the 2 wound ability with my snakes more than once. 

One of the only ways you can be sure to get it off is Avatar of Khaine since it effectively has bravery 11.

53 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

One of the only ways you can be sure to get it off is Avatar of Khaine since it effectively has bravery 11.

Considering the witches and heroes have higher bravery than other battleline troops, I'd imagine that it goes off frequently, except versus things like daemons and undead... mortal chaos, humans, other aelves, beasts, skaven, stormcast, all have lower bravery than a blob of 30 witches (7 base + 3 size bonus = 10).

Archived