Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

5 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Nope, when you deploy her away to protect her then when she transforms she's too far away to make any impact. Also against some meta builds she will be just dead or you got to transform her turn 2. I'm just talking about her against  heavly competitve army builds that's why I judge her and her point cost harshly that doesn't mean that she could be fun in more relaxed games.   

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.  At least until her points are known :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe but with only 5 shots they are very cool but not enough punch hard 10 shots or 20 (in big unit) with Morathi isn't a lot. 

There seems to be a lot of interesting options but Blood Stalkers seem average and Mortahi for that point cost close to unplayable. 

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Nope, when you deploy her away to protect her then when she transforms she's too far away to make any impact. Also against some meta builds she will be just dead or you got to transform her turn 2. I'm just talking about her against  heavly competitve army builds that's why I judge her and her point cost harshly that doesn't mean that she could be fun in more relaxed games.   

You don't need to transform her and anyone who goes beeline for Morathi is probably going to lose (were she fairly costed fairly for her abilities) Morathi on a balewind is an infinite range 3 spell caster at +2 with a 3+ 6++ at -1 to hit that can only have 3 wounds allocated to her per turn with one of the best command abilities in the game. People are obsessed with her snake form but I don't get it.  She's a decent melee beatstick as the snake goddess but that's honestly cake on top of her oracle form.

If your opponent is hitting her turn 1 with anything but deepstriking shooting units, you screwed up your deployment and should rethink how you do set-up.  If he's actually managing to do significant damage in shooting, he has skyfires. It takes 9 Vanguard raptors with Longstrike Crossbows(540pts) to put 3 wounds per turn on her when she's on a balewind and she outranges every shooting unit in the game MASSIVELY.

That said, at 480, she's too expensive.

18 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Snake ladies are quite weak especially shooting ones especially with mentioned high cost 

Only Witch Elves and SoS are Battleline. 

Not really. If you dedicate your whole army to jumping the turn counter forward to 3 so he can actually do something, sure. Other than that he's garbage.

There is a crazy amount of support magic/prayers/abilities with this faction, I love it. Blood Sisters, Witch Aelves, Cauldrons of Blood, Hags & Bloodwrack Medusae seem like the standouts for me. The Khinerai seem interesting too.

Blood Stalkers meanwhile seem on the weaker side. 1 shot each isn't much. Morathi I'm not sure about, she's a little cheaper than I was expecting but maybe not enough.

Summary of the BolS video

Allegiance

6++ Fnp
Cumulative reroll 1s
1 - Run
2 - Charge
3 - Hit rolls, avatars always count animated
4 - Wound rolls
5 - Save rolls, battleshock inmunity

Command traits
Increase general wounds 1
Friendly 14" use general's bravery (mindrazorz woot)
Counts as 1 higher than the round of combat is

Artifacts
DoK
Substract 1 from enemy 7", 14" when they kill someone
+1 hit, 6's mortal wound instead
Slain, heal 1 wound

Wizards
1 Extra cast, on 1, 1d3 mortal wounds
One additional spell from lore of shadows
On unbind, they can cast mystic shield or magic missile, no unbind for the enemy.

Priests
Wounds on 2+ with her khaine sword
Reroll 1s on prayers
Add 1 to wound rolls to his melee weapons

Lore of shadows
Steed of shadows, 5, caster can fly and move 16"
Pit of shades, 7, 18", 2d6 and one mortal wound for the total excedes their move characteristic.
Mindrazor, 7, 18", rend -1,  D2 if their bravery is higher than their opponent's.

Prayers
14", Ignore battleshocks
14", on hero phase each 6 hit roll, is two hits instead of one.
14", counts as one round higher than it currently is.

Covens
Hagg nar - While hagnar benefits from zealous rage, they reroll everything instead of only 1s.
Draichi Ganeth- add 1 to hit rolls if they charged (^^).
Kraith -- if they fought earlier and they are withing 3" of a enemy unit, they can attack. 
Khailebron --- Substract 1 from hit rolls on attacks from the shooting phase.

Warscrolls
Batallions
War coven of morathi (the big one). No battleshocks 8" of morathi. +1 to charge rolls
Khinerai can retreat and shoot
Snakes one -- Each time an opponent makes a roll of 1 when they attack melusai in the combat phase, they suffer a mortal wound (Khailebron says hello)
Scouting battallion -- Mixed with stormcasts, righteous fervor, choose DoK unit and SC unit, and they will pile in and attack, or shoot or move, but they have to do the same thing.

Avatar of khaine - Move 9", 4+, B10, 9W, Torrent of blood, Avatar of khaine swords (check the cauldrons). He requires animation. +1 Bravery 7" aura.

Blood sisters (melee) - 2W. Move 8", B8, 5+, Crystal touch. Range 2" 3 attacks, 3+ 3+, -1 rend, 1 damage.

Blood stalkers (range) - 2W. Move 8", B8, 5+, hit 6, mortal instead normal damage. Attack 1, range ¿? damage 1.

Bloodwrack (mage) - 

Khinerai (melee) - 14", 6+, B7, 1W After they attack, on a 4+ they can do a 6" movement. Shield, 6, they inflict mortal wound.

Khinerai (ranged) - 14", 6+, B7, 1W
                    12" 1 Attack, 3+ 3+ -1 rend, 1Damage,  
                     2" 1 Attack 4+ 4+ -1 rend, 1 Damage    4+, 6" movement.

And check the review for the rest of the rules.

Feel free to correct me if i got something wrong.

Early what i gather is.

Regular witch aelves with mindrazor and a few buffs can clear hordes like vulkites in one go with ease.

Blood sisters with mindrazors are extremely good against armored targets.

Yes, mindrazor is going to be a spell which defines DoK imo.

11 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

Early what i gather is.

Regular witch aelves with mindrazor and a few buffs can clear hordes like vulkites in one go with ease.

Blood sisters with mindrazors are extremely good against armored targets.

Yes, mindrazor is going to be a spell which defines DoK imo.

According to Atia Hagg Nar also gets +1 to the DoK death save. Not sure if she was looking at something else or if the BoLS guys just missed it tho.

I already left a note at my FLGS to place a preorder for Morathi since I'll be traveling when it becomes available.  480 point cost in no way makes me reconsider this.  Without a balewind she does in spirit what kroaknado does for 710 points.  And provides the versatility to use her monster form depending on circumstances.  Underestimate her at your own peril.

1 hour ago, Richelieu said:

Without a balewind she does in spirit what kroaknado does for 710 points.

I do think that a balewind list will likely emerge for her, but I don't think it can carry as hard as Kroak can. She'll get some pretty obscene 54" range and 3 spells to surgically remove heroes and threats (probably 6-7 mortals on average), but I wonder if that will be enough? Does that warrant the points? Defensively she's wonderful - assuming someone else can Mystic her, she'll be at 2+ 6++ and -1 to attack her.  On top of capping out at 3 wounds taken per turn! Pretty daunting for any army to take out effectively. 

Looks like it says COMMAND TRAIT.  it might be like, the 6++ save is improved to 5++ for one unit, or within 12" of the general. But in either case, it cannot be used with Morathi, since she does not have access to command traits.

Hagg_Nar.png.54725e599a3f1a361b1144d36ade7cff.png

Kraith sounds really good, if you are taking lots of melee units. its like FEC but insanely better, because you can just roll it every time, instead of only when you wipe out a unit and just-so-happen to be by another unit ...

Khailebron sounds the best, making everyone -1 to hit in the shooting phase. Since this is not command, Morathi is -2 to hit with shooting. Being -2 to hit and then easily 2+ save, you don't have to worry too much in the shooting phase, and if you put her on a Vortex, she will be a troll. 

lol too expensive? 480 is fine for a super named character like that. Look at some of the other super heroes. Her points is fine when you combine all the other crazy bonuses. Look at the 'new' Prince fancypants for Death. He is 480pts and is workable in certain cases and is no where near on the level giant snake lady is

Archived