Should my first tournament use ITC?

I'm running a very casual, new players welcomed first AoS tournament next month.

A guy who was not thrilled with the lower point level asked, " Is it at least ITC?" 

I looked online and see that the Independent Tournament Circuit is run by Frontline Gaming and seems to tally wins by both players and teams worldwide.

So the question is, how do all of you feel about it? And how common is it for casual tournies to report their scores?  I don't have a lot of extra time this month, and wonder if it is easy to get involved, or even recommended for beginners? 

Thanks,

~ Blutsteigen

Thanks so much in advance.

I only know about the 40k ITC. I didn't realise there was an AoS version. 

By all means run the game how you prefer but in general the ITC guys are very reasonable and keen to help make a less extreme, more balanced and enjoyable game in 40k

The AOS version IIRC is basically "use matched play in the general's handbook" there's not like custom missions, changing the base rules, etc. like for 40k.  I'd say it's not needed, especially not for a casual, newb-friendly tournament (although the fact someone asked throws up a red flag, be wary of WAAC players showing up with filth lists to curbstomp the newbs).

Of course, I am biased because I'm not aware of any ITC presence at all in Florida whatsoever.

11 hours ago, wayniac said:

Of course, I am biased because I'm not aware of any ITC presence at all in Florida whatsoever.

It's there for 40k, but largely unnecessary for AoS.

Then again, it's largely unnecessary for 40k these days, too, what with the new edition and all.

I think people will stick with it out of habit and, whether for good or bad, eventually people will be bullied into using it.

I've thought the same thing to be brutally honest.

Australia has a strong tournament scene (in my opinion for a tiny island in the middle of nowhere) and we don't use ICT. 

As someone who doesn't play 40k, I wouldn't know if it would be valuable. 

The original version of ITC's AoS comp was complete and utter trash (https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2015/07/14/32263/). The pack they released for LVO2017 is pretty much "use the GHB, limbs/weapons/banners dont count for targeting, measure vertical distance based on the volume of the model (ie, from the height of the head/shoulders), and heres the square to round conversion chart"

LVO Age of Sigmar Championship.pdf

53 minutes ago, Gotrek said:

The original version of ITC's AoS comp was complete and utter trash (https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2015/07/14/32263/). The pack they released for LVO2017 is pretty much "use the GHB, limbs/weapons/banners dont count for targeting, measure vertical distance based on the volume of the model (ie, from the height of the head/shoulders), and heres the square to round conversion chart"

LVO Age of Sigmar Championship.pdf

Just read through that and wow, talk about complicating army selection...  "You may only have that model if you write your army list in the blood of a virgin, whilst the moon is in its penumbra phase and you have an ostrich feather up your bottom".  I can see why they've put some restrictions down, but the terminology is really poor through out - organisation?  you mean battalion...  and the summoning restriction is awful and unnecessary.

@Blutsteigen I'd not have said that ITC was necessary for AoS if I'm honest.  It's certainly not very big in the UK and for a casual game I'd not see the benefit.  If you are concerned about having "those players", you could get everybody to submit their army list to you a week or so before the event, that way you can quietly go back and explain that Nagash at 1k isn't quite in keeping with a casual game

Archived