Duardin Golems

Fungrim

3 hours ago, Dez said:

They've been rumored since 8th Edition...like flying blimps. Believe it!

I've been going on about Dwarf golems for as long as I've played fantasy. If we will it, they will come!

9 hours ago, Aezeal said:

Ive always thought they should make them.. However they fit less well with skydwarves.

It would probably be with a different Duardin sub-faction, such as Dispossessed

6 hours ago, Oppenheimer said:

That would be great. But considering that dwarfs have had two releases since AoS started maybe we can give Elves and Death something instead?

Haha yeah, it's a breadcrumb of fluff from a book, no doubt if it is in the pipeline it's a way off before they release it

So I guess the question becomes... Mechanical? Stone-hewn? Clay? Loads of different golems types in fantasy, you'd imagine if they are Duardin constructs they'll need to fit with the aesthetic.

I remember a rumour from a few years ago of a golem with a gun mounted on his head (!) - kinda sounds like Brokk Grungson now... but he's clearly not a massive golem....

1 hour ago, Aezeal said:

The aether part seems to imply a link though.. why not just run in on Ur gold or something :D

Very good point! The aether thing goes beyond KO though doesn't it? References with SCE and stuff.

That said if KO does get an extra release in say a year's time, with some golems, they could be all cogs and aethergold. Might fit better than we think

It was one of the lines I loved most in the Shadespire fluff from Skirmish. It's doesn't say Duardin actually but that they are laced with 'Ur-Gold'. Fyreslayers definitely need more love in my opinion, and ur-gold laced, fire fueled, stone golems would be a freaking awesome way to do it! :D 

Something bad-ass like this (but a bit more Dwarfy):

c2a1a0c731aaed0eda86ade4ade4d576.jpg

1 hour ago, bottle said:

It was one of the lines I loved most in the Shadespire fluff from Skirmish. It's doesn't say Duardin actually but that they are laced with 'Ur-Gold'. Fyreslayers definitely need more love in my opinion, and ur-gold laced, fire fueled, stone golems would be a freaking awesome way to do it! :D 

Ah it's Ur gold not Aether gold! That's even better!

I was thinking the golems like the sentinels in Skyrim for Dispossessed, but big fiery rock golems for Fyreslayers would be absolutely amazing. Even if they're Megaboss-sized and come in units of 3

1 hour ago, bottle said:

I liked the skyrim golem vibe.(dwarves centurion skyrim if you want to google)

On 5/30/2017 at 9:00 AM, Fungrim said:

I quite like this aesthetic! Bit with more urrrrr gold...

246431_sm-Dwarf Golem.png

Dragon Age!

I would really like to see an exaggerated version of the mining and underground trope aspect of Dwarves in a faction.  Fyreslayers handle the axe-wielding warrior and forge-masters, while Kharadron Overlords take their engineering and treasure-hoarding to another extreme, and Dispossessed are like the normal Dwarven citizenry that is in between them.  We just got the Overlords, I want to see the UNDERLORDS.

Seriously though, I have mentioned this in several threads now, and I still think it's a good idea - a deep, dark, mining focused Duardin faction.  Give them some drill tanks, some creatures based on real-life cave-dwelling animals, and throw in the Golems for heavy infantry.  Something kind of like what is presented in Dragon Age: Origins, but with the added components of awesome and over-the-top that Age of Sigmar lends towards.

Dragon Age!
I would really like to see an exaggerated version of the mining and underground trope aspect of Dwarves in a faction.  Fyreslayers handle the axe-wielding warrior and forge-masters, while Kharadron Overlords take their engineering and treasure-hoarding to another extreme, and Dispossessed are like the normal Dwarven citizenry that is in between them.  We just got the Overlords, I want to see the UNDERLORDS.
Seriously though, I have mentioned this in several threads now, and I still think it's a good idea - a deep, dark, mining focused Duardin faction.  Give them some drill tanks, some creatures based on real-life cave-dwelling animals, and throw in the Golems for heavy infantry.  Something kind of like what is presented in Dragon Age: Origins, but with the added components of awesome and over-the-top that Age of Sigmar lends towards.

Isn't Kharadron Overlords already "mining" the gas?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Archived