Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

Sayl is 120. Is really useful to move once per game a unit that function as an anvil and put it into the most favorable position. 

I think that in a heavy mortal STD Nurgle list he is pretty good (same points as festus). I personally like him a lot also for his once per game thingy that makes him a little bit more reliable.

I actually don't know if putting him on a balewind makes you extend the area of "wholly within" to 30". Would be surely interesting.

Nope, but that doesn't really matter..... last time I used him I had a unit of 3 gore beast chariots, 5 knights and 15 warriors, all wholly within 15" of him. Made for a worrisome first couple of turns for my opponent, not knowing what, or where  I would strike:ph34r:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Nope, but that doesn't really matter..... last time I used him I had a unit of 3 gore beast chariots, 5 knights and 15 warriors, all wholly within 15" of him. Made for a worrisome first couple of turns for my opponent, not knowing what, or where  I would strike:ph34r:

Yeah surely just wrap a load of units around him and then react to the opponent's deployment on turn 1, don't need the whole block to stick together past the first turn

So I loved the epidemius tally skill and was dead set on using it but everywhere I look I see an ability that makes him partially obsolete:

Nurgle allegiance wheel add 1 to wounds

Horticulous reroll hit of 1 for bon

Blightguard reroll wounds of 1

Morbidex add 1 to nurgling wound

Orghotts reroll failed wounds

I know these are situational and you can avoid taking these heroes but the dial ability will almost always come up in battles

Thoughts? Is epidemius less useful with each new toy nurgle gets? I'm worried a new battletome would make him more redundant. Is there a build not involving plagueclaws where he is still going to be good?

1 hour ago, Archaeopteryx said:

Thoughts? Is epidemius less useful with each new toy nurgle gets? I'm worried a new battletome would make him more redundant. Is there a build not involving plagueclaws where he is still going to be good?

I found hin extremely effective in the right situation. Had a Plague Claw catapult fire against any huge unit and Epidimius will turn your Nurgle units into reroling killing machines in 1-2 turns. but keep him away from Stormcasts, Beastclaw and small unit armies.

Horticulous on the other hand is less effective but works against small units too.

2 hours ago, FRoper said:

ahh I see, I do not have the clan pestilence book, so I presumed they were wizards. so would rotbringers sorcerors be good then, they are 20pts more expensive and feel rather weak. 

I really don’t think the rotbringers sorcerer is very effective. Also the priests withering prayer is a great buff to add to drones, as it means when backed up by a daemon hero they cause additional mw’s on wounds of 5+. 

The rotbringer sorcerer isn't very good. His self-heal is weak and stream of corruption has a very short range. Also as said above, the prayers aren't that bad. But the plague priest doesn't have the keyword mortal or daemons, which can be a problem depending on your list.

For just a bit more you have festus : his spell isn't bad, his self-heal is better and he can heal/deal D3 mortal wounds each turn.

Or you have the chaos sorcerer lord (give him a steed, it's the same price). He's expensive but his buffs are awesome

13 minutes ago, spenson said:

The rotbringer sorcerer isn't very good. His self-heal is weak and stream of corruption has a very short range. Also as said above, the prayers aren't that bad. But the plague priest doesn't have the keyword mortal or daemons, which can be a problem depending on your list.

For just a bit more you have festus : his spell isn't bad, his self-heal is better and he can heal/deal D3 mortal wounds each turn.

Or you have the chaos sorcerer lord (give him a steed, it's the same price). He's expensive but his buffs are awesome

All true.

With the additional option of Sayl if you’re taking slaves :P 

8 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Regarding plague drones- the adding of d3 models every time you roll 1 on bravery- that doesn't need to come from summoning pool or paid for in any way does it?

As you're not adding a new unit to the table no, you are just replenishing a unit and cannot put them past the amount of flies you began with, refer to page 77 of the GHB2017

2 minutes ago, Garuun said:

As you're not adding a new unit to the table no, you are just replenishing a unit and cannot put them past the amount of flies you began with

I didn't think you would have to, but the wording doesn't seem to suggest it limits to initial model count? It just says "add d3 models".

Thats where the GHB2017 comes in; "Spells or abilities that allow you to add models to existing units don't cost any reinforcement points...however cannot increase the number of models in a unit to more than it had at the start of the battle" (General's Handbook 2017, pg. 77)

Just now, Garuun said:

Thats where the GHB2017 comes in; "Spells or abilities that allow you to add models to exsisting units don't cost any reinforcement points...however cannot increase the number of models in a unit to more than it had at the start of the battle" (General's Handbook 2017, pg. 77)

D'oh! Forgot this. Thanks!

On 12/10/2017 at 9:29 AM, spenson said:

True, he's not a top choice. BUT, if you have 100 points leftover, he's viable. I've had him up to 10 wounds. He still has the ability to cast shield and bolt. On a vortex his stream of corruption becomes slightly better. I've had some success with him.

Run festus with balewind and you have a 6+ -1 permanent save on a 28" range. It also heals no matter what d3 wounds each hero phase.

Imho IF you have the extra 20 points there is no match, festus is way better. For 100 i still think that even in Nurgle it isn't the most competitive choice. For example for the same points we can have an engineer that can do d6 mortals at 18 and has a shooting attack. Since we lack punch and range this can be a better choice to spend 100 pts into.

Just my 2c btw :)

Hey guys, newbie to tga here. Ive been slowly amassing a nurgle army over the last few months and one thing  ive been looking for the entire time but just cant seem find is a female nurgle hero/demon. Anyone here possibly know of some good minis that could work?

Archived