The restless barrows

Ademo

Now that is speedy. Let me see if I can smash out ten brutes somehow, I don't think I could relent to drybrushing their skin it's too pretty! Really isn't too noticeable a difference for the skellies and you'll have so many anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely, those brutes deserve proper treatment! [emoji6] but yeh hopefully the colourful shields and clothes will trick the eye in to thinking that the bone looks fine [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got my 20 sword skellies all but done! Just need a few details eg wood and dirt sponging then bases. Not too shabby for a weekend's work I reckon. Poor pic I'm afraid - it's late, but hopefully you get the gist [emoji16]b42c0be45960fadc54a12098fd984a30.jpg

It always sucks when you realize you're being so detailed you loose momentum. Brave choice! I wouldn't notice the difference, especially at tabletop level, so I think you made the right choice. For whatever that's worth. Momentum is everything. 

Looking forward to the close ups! 

And done! Getting closer to the finish line on painting the tourney list! 20 spearmen, 2 morghasts and a necromancer left to go [emoji16] but I did also get some awesome father's day gifts in the shape of a banshee and wraith! Will definitely get them made and painted up for skirmish and to swap in and out of the main army.1c6a0b8cb5bced89f0b33ca294069f5e.jpg9b4c122d275b571d50efd93d26594557.jpg007e9980209bf4beb2510125946ba673.jpgf6d12dce59ea49b241a9cfd5b3fed1d6.jpg

Sadly a bit hot for spraypainting but managed to finish basing my morghasts as well as build a couple of terrain pieces! A rock pile/circle and a burial mound/barrow/tumulus. Once these are painted up I will have finished enough pieces for pompey pillage! 52944471451e03f13dd1bd9efb5d88f6.jpg

Awesome work. One day I foresee a best painted army award! Love the little detail on them and decorations. Agreed on the weather, tried painting and within 30 minutes my wet palette was dry, and the paint was rapidly drying in the bristles. Real write off!

Wow ... awesome work (and pretty speedy too - I'm still stuck on my first unit of Chaos Warriors from Christmas!! :$).  

Once the army's done, you'll have to do a nice high-resolution full army shot. :D

13 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Agreed on the weather, tried painting and within 30 minutes my wet palette was dry, and the paint was rapidly drying in the bristles. Real write off!

Lucky - I tried to wash a base and you could see the Agrax Earthshade drying before your eyes - literally less than 30s after application and it was dry (and left a horrid effect that needs re-doing!) ... I tried to do some drybrushing and the paint dried on the bristles before I got it to the model ... O.o

Thanks guys! Looks like the weather is cooling down so that's good for painting! I will definitely take a family photo once the army is done! I have a 2k game vs my mate's skaven and friends next week so will update the battles log in the eeath forum sometime next week.

Managed to complete the 2 terrain pieces which means I have a full complement of 5 ready for the tourney. Thought it would be fun to put some minis next to them and see how they look! Just need a smoke machine for full spooky effect [emoji16]0eb687e05551a7a453830218b95e619e.jpge2ca854a36d275acfeba97c0c970acb9.jpg9a26ffcbae453f98dd670a1822dd9222.jpgf5d7c83c8ac7c52d8db23f193efc010a.jpg

Thanks alot fellas! Been working on a display board for taking to tournies etc. Bit of work still to got but decided to try a dry fit of everything! I'll probably go black edges and need to go back over some of the grass blending when new tubs of it arrive! But fairly happy - may do a few extra accent pieces which can double as objectives in games.b9411b1c82759c776b8a062d4f6682df.jpg

@Lysandestolpe that would be incredible! Likewise, if you ever head UK-side, ditto!

So my birthday was last week and my friends all chipped in and surprised me with a mourngul!

I put it together and after a really fun game (and win - yay!) Against the sky dwarves, I decided to get cracking with paintung the beast. I tried to blend with washes to create a slight transitional effect and I'm pretty pleased! Still have a fair few highlights to go and some tidying up as well as glazing. I thought whilst I was at it I'd double down and start a wraith too.9f4a39f34d6329191c1502f63c498335.jpg02a7d8945116c06f24a9b7e3717513af.jpg

Archived