Tales of Iggy the Ogor

Grimnaud

Do you ever get that feeling that you have too many projects going at once? I joined an escalation league starting in January, thinking that "Hey, that's a great chance to get my Ogors painted", a project I've been putting off for some time now. Well, there's no time like the present!

2016-10-22 18.26.52.jpg

And a close up on the converted Tyrant :D

2016-10-22 18.27.00.jpg

I usually like to prep the entire force at once, green stuffing, converting and priming everything before I start painting, but in order to retain what little sanity I have left, I'll be doing the Ogors in chunks to match the escalation league. Starting with two units of three Ogors, my Tyrant, and two kitties to fill out the point. Yes, I know that there is also a unit of leadbelchers in the photo, but the first task will be to convert them into a unit of Ogors with ironfists, plus giving them and the three on the right a banner and a bellower. So they will become three units of three with full commands. I couldn't quite force myself not to paint the same unit types together, so the third unit will be painted and put aside for the next escalation. Just to pump up the pressure I have five weeks to prime these unless I want to stand outside and prime them in an Arctic winter. Lets see how this plays out sports fans!

1 hour ago, Bjarni St. said:

I'm sure somewhere Tyrion is pleased his basecorpse is being put to good use.

Hmm. Considering that the rest of him has joined my spirit hosts over at "It came from the bitzbox" I wouldn't be so sure about that :D

The more I look at the Tyrant, the more he reminds me of Narbash in Paragon. The tusks on his belly-scull might have to go...

Managed to finish the pre-greenstuff work tonight. Some chopping and glueing and I have three units of three ogres with command.

2016-11-05 02.30.26.jpg

Guess a couple of the Ogors don't like the sun. Looks a bit weird I know, but I was missing the normal Ogor hands, and had to make due with Irongut bits.

2016-11-05 02.29.51.jpg

After looking at the Tyrant some more I decided to alter the angle of his hand rather than to cut off the horn from his gut plate. Pretty happy with the result.

On 11/5/2016 at 11:14 AM, Double Misfire said:

Blah, I saw this thread had updated and got exciting thinking I'd see some painted ogors. Get some paint on them! :P 

They need to be done by January, so come back in the end of Desember and there'll probably be some paint on them ;)

In the meantime however, I've got some converting to do!

I have two saber-tooth kitties in my first months instalment. Just filling out the points and taking up space. Then I though, wait a minute, I have two real life money-draining-coach-hogging kitties! So the challenge now is to make these two;

2016-11-05 15.28.13.jpg

Look like these two;

2016-08-28 22.07.05.jpg

First step was to remove the bones and mohawks and give them some proper tails.

2016-11-05 16.01.08.jpg

And with the first layer of greenstuff I startet on the fur for the fluff ball. It'll need a bit more work, but I want to let it dry so I can file it down some before adding a second layer.

2016-11-05 17.19.27.jpg

So I had to re-upload all the pictures to get them visible again. Lets hope the I don't have to do the same with all the other treads :D

So, I've been slaving away on the Ogors, if not exactly hard at work. I got them primed, under-shaded, and inked during the weekend.

2016-11-13 20.29.53.jpg

Turns out that was a mistake. After looking up the instruction video again, it turned out I was supposed to use very thinned out Sepia. I did not catch the thinned out part. Mistake number one. Now, since I've decided to push my painting on this project, I decided against just dry brushing it up again. Instead I would go over the middle layer parts again with white. Mistake number two.

2016-11-15 02.25.37.jpg

I had COMPLETELY forgotten how much I got for free with the under-shading & glazing technique I've been using for the last year. I have no brush control at all anymore, and to make things worse I now have to recreate the variations I erased with the layer of white. Done is done, but I have A LOT of work ahead of me. But I decided to forge ahead, and try out the inks anyways.

2016-11-15 03.04.11.jpg

Now the three base coats on the pants, and skin are more or less in place, and I can begin shading and highlighting until I'm satisfied :D Didn't really intend the Swedish vibes to be so strong. I had intended on a mercenary-bretonnian feel, but now I might have to make a few of them blonde......

Archived