Using Proxies for the MP Harbingers

I’m really intrigued by all the MP news and the portents rules that have been seen so far. However, the models of the Harbingers themselves don’t really fit with any of my armies (BCR, FEC and Disspossed).

that got me to thinking of possible conversions or proxies to use these rules and the new gameplay style. Considering they are meant to be free if both players have them, it would be cool to have different ideas to convert them for each army all gathered in one place. 

So has anyone thought about converting or proxying them for their armies? If so how would you do it?

Mine is more just because of the cost for a model I may barely use. I can't wait to get the book, but the models themselves I thought of converting.

Older, larger multipart night goblins, I have a half finished shaman conversion I could go mad with mushrooms on. I also have far too many ghostly models from Reaper...

6 minutes ago, Lousy Beatnik said:

Mine is more just because of the cost for a model I may barely use. I can't wait to get the book, but the models themselves I thought of converting.

Older, larger multipart night goblins, I have a half finished shaman conversion I could go mad with mushrooms on. I also have far too many ghostly models from Reaper...

Thats also part of my reasoning as well, neither the Shaman nor the KoS fit my forces, however I wanted to maybe keep their theme and convert them into my factions, I.E a Mushroom Ogor and and a shrouded Ghoul. 

I am converting a Tech Priest Dominus to be a ratty chappy of mysterious nature, because short of sculpting a mouse mask onto her, the Warqueen might look a tad out of place in my army... That said, I do like the idea of her just slapping on some whiskers and a false tail and trying to blend in.

55 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I am converting a Tech Priest Dominus to be a ratty chappy of mysterious nature, because short of sculpting a mouse mask onto her, the Warqueen might look a tad out of place in my army... That said, I do like the idea of her just slapping on some whiskers and a false tail and trying to blend in.

I like this a lot. Would you pose it or equip it similarly to the War Queen?

I’m converting mine from a Night Goblin Shaman, I hate the scale of the Fungoid Shaman. Goblins are supposed to be weedy, this new one is positively huge. It’s a simple enough conversion and should look the same. I see no problem in that. Just make sure the model is clearly identifiable as what it’s supposed to be.

Yeah I'll convert my Harbringer regardless. Like you said it doesn't really fit the vibe of quite some armies, but I think that the Chaos queen is one of the most 'new design' that doesn't really fit the old well. For Stormcast, Grots/Orruks and Nighthaunt pretty much the same applies. Though visually I'd say that Order and Death can get away with their designs because they are a  rather general approach or look just that much different from a regular Stormcast that he blends well and the same to me applies to the Knight of Shrouds.

Long story short, I'd say feel free to make your own proxy. Though if you want players to instantly know what it's supposed to be I'd say convert the models from a Herald.

Archived