Post your rarest models!

I don't really know what is rare and what is not, I have only been back into GW/Miniature games for less than a year after a 20 year hiatus.  I pulled all my stuff out of the closet and have been steadily trying to build up a force of Chaos for AoS.  Here a few that I got to recently with either re-basing or painting for the first time (I didn't realize how much bare metal I had in my closet)

My Chaos Lord with some weapon swaps (I have this same mini converted for 40K too, really like him - I call him A'sid Horas)

I really have always loved this guy on disc too L'nar Madnss

One of my favorite Chaos Warriors of old (I have a bunch of them, this guy still needs a rebasing)

Another Wizard of Tzeentch, here with full bird head.

And a full unit of oddball beastmen.  Sort of Ungors I guess, The are lead by the Boar triplets and then the Twin Monkee shaman type guys.  I just rebased them as they were on 20mm squares and primed them for the first time.  They have been sitting in a bin for nearly 25-30 years and are finally seeing some action.

I have tons more but for now that is all I have ready to show.  I have a unit of 10 really old Chaos Warriors that will be next and then a unit of 3 Chaos minotaurs as well (one has a dragon arm and skull head and another one has metallic jaw and eye).

20170620_214718.jpg

20170620_214847.jpg

20170620_215018.jpg

20170620_215150.jpg

20170620_222440.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My rarest models are:

Mounted Chaos Sorceror (limited edition)

DSCF5220.JPG

(not my image - from limited-edition-warhammer.blogspot.com)

2. Tzeentch Sorceror on Disk 10th Anniversary Italy and Germany 2006:

DSCF5230.JPG

(image from limited-edition-warhammer.blogspot.com)

3. Harry the Hammer 25th anniversary Warhammer miniature:

DSCF8315.JPG

And if we're counting AOS era rares:

4. Errant Questor Knight

IMG_0216.JPG

5. Garkorr, Bladegheist Revenant

500StoresMinis-06Oct-Garkorr1mn.jpg

(image from Warhammer Community)

Haven't got them in front of me to photo at the moment but in the loft at home I have a load of the original Dwarfs (citadel and Marauder) from the 80's including most of the Imperial Dwarf range of the time, the Dragon Company and the Gob Lobber.

Also stashed away somewhere I have a few Squats in Exo Armour.

But that's probably all the 'older' or 'rarer' models that I do have.

On June 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM, nicromancer said:

I havent got a picture but i have two unopened blisters of citadel Dr who miniatures. One of cybermen and one of timelords. 

I also have hundreds( i mean hundreds) of 80's citadel fantasy and early rogue trader minis, including the entire warriors and chaos and knights of law boxes, leman russ and wolves, harry the hammer x 4, the original thorogrim....

I have a problem.

You don't have a problem. You have an eBay retirement plan.

12 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

I had this proto-Space Marine from 1987, and sold him on eBay for a tenner a few years ago, lol.

Unlike most very old miniatures, he still holds up now, IMHO

Untitled.png

he was the 1986 Citadel LE10 power armoured trooper from the  (limited edition) LE range. :)

http://www.solegends.com/citWDAds/citwd1986/WD788606p04Various.htm

I still think its a brilliant looking model.

A lot of my current dwarf army are old metal sculpts (original gyrocopter, dwarf lords of legend, prince uthers imperial dwarfs, the white dwarf and a limited edition dragon slayer).

In terms of rare models - not sure what counts as rare. I've got a metal chaos dwarf tenderiser, bugmans cart, Arkhan on chariot, couple of zoats, the original 4 greater daemons, original Scylla etc. IMG_7467.JPG.f2efad5b01c230e97627d489c1c4d5e1.JPG

9 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

he was the 1986 Citadel LE10 power armoured trooper from the  (limited edition) LE range. :)

http://www.solegends.com/citWDAds/citwd1986/WD788606p04Various.htm

I still think its a brilliant looking model.

Ouch. That guy got a bargain then.

Yea, he looks great. Maybe the gun looks a bit anemic, but otherwise he hasn't really aged at all.

Archived