Let's chat : Slaanesh

Arkiham

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess, you (we) have to wait one more year... 2018 is Nurgletime (and death?!).

2016 Khorne, 2017 Tzeentch, 2018 Nurgle and then Slaanesh would be my prediction. I don’t hope so, but I prefer to get surprised with an earlier release before 2019 then depressed without release in 2018 ?

On 11/4/2017 at 10:28 AM, Squirrelmaster said:

@Tasman My local GW doesn't allow non-citadel either, which is why I'm thinking three boobsnakes (the mount from the "Lord of Slaanesh on Dæmonic Mount" model). It's about the same size, looks cool, and only requires a little conversion work around the saddle area (in theory).

I just ordered the model. If you want some pictures of how the snake and rider line up, I can take some pictures tonight as I won't assemble it as long as it is unpainted.

3 hours ago, Tasman said:

That'd be very cool....:D

A50C2666-9F73-4143-A4A6-0CFC3EAFB6A6.jpeg.2b0271bc3ff5f6056eb5c108da590c79.jpeg

okay the only issue will be that first ‘humb before the ‘sail’ starts. 

0094F2BF-082D-47DA-AA35-75EAAA351BDB.jpeg.f39c14ca5292fb9ddbffb612f76ded04.jpeg

That small indent in the side of the leg fits around for support  

D69FBB4C-45FA-4689-933B-D27C870AB9FA.jpeg.3067b7058b9a4dc55cd5fdc937eb9775.jpeg

E399D526-2232-4A11-BFC5-39FE75A5C20A.jpeg.8fa560343f94348dfa21fe7a6ade92d4.jpeg

that’s where the rider gets the support . 

F6FF4448-27E8-4173-B10F-59DE79C15D9D.jpeg.90c47231bf3a06851ff82005461ce4db.jpeg

so it’ll work with very little work, just file the ridge away. But see picture 1, that will leave you with a bit of a gab between the ‘sail’ and the armour plating. 

So thats my take on it anyway. As soon as I finish my last daemonettes and the base of my chariot I’ll start on this model as a reward and to cleanly finish 1K. Can’t wait it’s still such a good model and everything seems to fit together quite well. (Biggest reason with the old daemonettes and the sigvald models for me to start a slaanesh army)

On 11/6/2017 at 3:30 AM, Johann said:

I guess, you (we) have to wait one more year... 2018 is Nurgletime (and death?!).

2016 Khorne, 2017 Tzeentch, 2018 Nurgle and then Slaanesh would be my prediction. I don’t hope so, but I prefer to get surprised with an earlier release before 2019 then depressed without release in 2018 ?

I'm fairly surprised AoS Nurgle didn't get anything when Death Guard came out and I fully expect them to get more love faster than Slaanesh.  January last year was Tzeentch and I overheard the manager say he heard a big AoS January but we all know how managers are.

On 11/5/2017 at 10:27 AM, Edgecoc said:

Hopefully in the new year Slaanesh is getting some love. New fiends would be cool.

I would love a monsterous Cavalry option of Fiends with Alluresses on them.  

Hi, I'm an Ironjawz player who is looking for something different to paint (and play) I still have quite a bit of stuff for my Ironjawz so this is more of a side project I can do to spice up the painting. With regards to that I've looked through the various armies and Slaanesh is one of the ones which interests me. Despite this I'm still unsure about a few things.

• Is Slaanesh any good at the moment.
  • Where do I find the warscroll for the "Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot" ?
  • Are there any battalions for them?
  • Are Keepers the only ones with a Command ability?
  • What units, in general, should I be looking for and what should I avoid.

Would something like this be viable in the end.

Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (500)
Keeper Of Secrets (280)
Keeper Of Secrets (280)
Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
5 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (100)
1 x Exalted Seeker Chariots Of Slaanesh (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000

Thanks for any input!

16 minutes ago, Malakree said:
  • Slaanesh any good at the moment.
  • Where do I find the warscroll for the "Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot" ?
  • Are there any battalions for them?
  • Are Keepers the only ones with a Command ability?
  • What units, in general, should I be looking for and what should I avoid.

1. Yeah I think so, 3 command abilities combined with the speed of the army is massive in a objective game. But it's definitely a tricky faction to play. 

2. In the app under host of slaanesh. 

3. Not so much. Host of Slaanesh has none but depending on your style you can also play slaves to darkness with all marks of Slaanesh to get acces to their battalions. 

4. Same as above. Yes Keepers are the only deamons with command abilities, but chaos lord of slaanesh& lord of slaanesh on deamonic mount have command abilities. Alternatively you can use a deamon prince from the slaves to darkness list with keyword slaanesh (personally, prefer him above the keeper) 

5. I finally played a game with 30 daemonettes a few weeks ago and they were great! But I play a more mortal focussed list and at best not so competitive with competitive people. So for me the combo of the lord on daemonic mount, with the run and chaos lord (run and charge) or Lord of Slaanesh (extra attacks) on a bigger unit of warriors or in combo with knights is great. 

Also quick tip: The lord of slaanesh on deamonic mount has woth the daemon and mortal keyword. Same goes for hellstriders. That allows some for some fun combinations. 

26 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Would something like this be viable in the end.

I never have played something so hero or daemon heavy so can't really judge it. Did you have a look at the new battle traits?

@Malakree I'd say the EGDoS + double Keepers combo is viable, and the Hellstriders a good support. I've not personally had so much experience with the chariots but I guess they could work, I just don't think they bring much to the table, and you might struggle in some objective-based scenarios without any large blocks of infantry. Maybe swap out for some Daemonettes. If you're running the EGDoS I'd recommend adding a Chaos Sorcerer Lord for the potential 2+ re-rollable save (if you can fit one in).

If you're looking to boost non-mortal daemons, the Keepers and EGDoS are really the only command-ability options. The Daemon Prince is nice but has no command ability. The Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic mount has the same ability but for mortal units instead of Daemons, which does mean he can buff himself and/or hellstriders. The Keepers will mostly buff themselves in this army anyway, so if you take one out just make sure whatever you put in its place has something worth commanding.

I find Seekers are useful for the turn 1 charge, they can sometimes assassinate something important or lock your opponent down for a turn while you close in.

In theory I think a big block of Hellstriders, properly buffed, could become quite effective if you can get them up to three attacks or more — which might give you a counter to cheap zombie horde armies you might otherwise struggle with. I can't say I have experience of that, though.

15 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Slaanesh Daemon Princes are awesome! Your army needs another hero anyway so thats the way I would be going.

Sorry, I forgot my sorcerer on foot. That is a sweet model, and the ability it has with Slaanesh seems fun to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking this Christmas as an opportunity to FINALLY start an AoS army (las time I tried 40k 8th ed got released...) and this time around I've decided for a Cult of Slaanesh style army that can either be used as Hosts of Slaanesh/ Daughters of Khaine. I've come up with two lists, one for 1000 points and it's expansion to 2000 and would really like to hear your opinion:

Hosts of Slaanesh - 970 
Allegiance - Slaanesh (pretenders)
Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot: 160p
Keeper of Secrets: 280p
- General 
- Command Trait: Devotee of Torment
- Command Trait: Allure of Slaanesh
- Slaanesh Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet
30 Daemonettes of Slaanesh: 270p
5 Hellstriders of Slaanesh: 100p
- Enrapturing Banner
- Hellscourge 

This list basically makes one big block of daemonettes with the KoS and Hellstriders as support, and the two chariots go independently charging infantry. I think it can deal with pretty much anything, as 30 daemonettes buffed by a pretender KoS look like they could wreck face, and still are pretty fast  and should hold up in combat thanks to the Enrapturing banner. And the Herald in Exalted Seeker Chariot strikes me as a pretty brutal anti infantry unit, which I've seen that has become pretty frequent in AoS.

Hosts of Slaanesh - 2000
Allegiance - Slaanesh (invaders)
- General 
Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount: 140p
- General
The Masque of Slaanesh: 80p
Keeper of Secrets: 280p
- General
- Command Trait: Devotee of Torment
- Slaanesh Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet
30 Daemonettes of Slaanesh: 270p
- Enrapturing Banner
- Hellscourge 
- Enrapturing Banner
- Hellscourge 
- Enrapturing Banner
- Hellscourge 
5 Seekers of Slaanesh: 120p
10 Chaos Knights: 320p
- Chaos Glaives
- Slaanesh

This list consists of three main blocks, a central one with the 30 daemonettes, the KoS to attack twice with the daemonettes, and 5 hellstriders for defense; another one with three Heralds on Exalted Seeker Chariot to hunt infantry blobs (this one might actually get dispersed as the game goes on); and a last one with the ten knights to hunt heavy hitters and the LoSoDM to allow them to attack twice. The masque can go wherever need to slow down something and the seekers use their speed to tie artillery in combat and such. 

So, even though I have a lot of experience playing 40k I haven't played AoS that much, just some games with my old armies from fantasy, so your opinion would be very valuable to me. As for the level of competitiveness I don't need it to be a tournament winner, but would like for it to be able to hold against the top armies in the meta, as there are some pretty nasty AoS players in my store which I would really enjoy to win against :P. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 5:25 PM, The Traitor said:

So, even though I have a lot of experience playing 40k I haven't played AoS that much, just some games with my old armies from fantasy, so your opinion would be very valuable to me. As for the level of competitiveness I don't need it to be a tournament winner, but would like for it to be able to hold against the top armies in the meta, as there are some pretty nasty AoS players in my store which I would really enjoy to win against :P. 

Depending on what you play in your store you might want to consider getting a second big unit of daemonetttes (also with a eye on their double purpose, doing the same with my daemonettes :D

Reason being the scenarios & looking at your 1K list, if the objectives force you to hold your daemonettes back you have nothing to bring forward, or you have to keep your Seekers back, but that would be a shame as well :S

On 12/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, Edgecoc said:

1000 point knight combo list:

1 Lord of Slaanesh 

1 Mounted Lord of Slaanesh 

1 Mounted Lord of Chaos 

10 Knights (glaives)

10 Warriors (hand weapon)

20 Marauders (axe and shield)

Worth trying or too cheesy?

If it's me, any list has to have some hell striders. Just sayin'

7 hours ago, Kramer said:

Depending on what you play in your store you might want to consider getting a second big unit of daemonetttes (also with a eye on their double purpose, doing the same with my daemonettes :D

Reason being the scenarios & looking at your 1K list, if the objectives force you to hold your daemonettes back you have nothing to bring forward, or you have to keep your Seekers back, but that would be a shame as well :S

It is true that scenarios with backfield objectives can hurt me, but I have two options in those. 1. Hold the daemonettes back if I'm facing an aggressive army as they'll have to come anyways or hold the hellstriders against defensive ones (which would indeed be bad, but it's the cheapest I have). 2. Go all out trying to win by either getting the opponent's backfield objective or destroying all his units. 

The thing is that to bring another 30 daemonettes I would need to sacrifice the hellstriders and a herald in Exalted Chariot, which I think that will end up being more useful and add a bit of variety to the list.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, now that I've started assembling the army I've started asking in my store and it turns out they play the local league at 1500 points... Which I hadn't planned a list for. So I made this:

Screenshot_20180106-163208.png.e7a05053c257f0999a92d3ac3bb6bb3d.png

I'm not sure about the seekers, and maybe more hellstriders or the masque would be better, but this is what brings me closer to 1500 points, but any suggestions will be welcome.

And in my store it seems a list centered around 10 kurnoth with scythes, a branch witch, some tree revenants and Durthu has been winning a lot of the games, and I'm not sure how to deal with them with Slaanesh... Charging the kurnoth with the knights and double attacking with them would be enough? The 160 attacks on average of the daemonettes? 

Test1500slaanesh.pdf

500 point tournament coming up at the end of the month. List I have so far. All Slaanesh marked. Not sure about artefact or the two traits yet

1 Lord of Chaos (general)

10 Warriors with hw and shield

2x10 Marauders with axe and shield

5 Hellstriders with whips

I think it should be fairly solid, but am open to changes. I also have most of the Slaanesh models and more STDs that are also Slaanesh related.;)

On 7/1/2018 at 7:16 AM, Popisdead said:

So Invaders is 3 generals.  I would be tempted to try a Manticore Lord paired with those Knights for more Bravery shenanigans.  Also the item that drops more Bravery (if it stacks).

However I kinda like it.  two hammers.

good luck :)

The problem is the generals can't get within 12" of each other to use their command abilities, and the Slaanesh Lord one strikes me as better than the Manticore, specially since the latter can only target Chaos Warriors and I'm not taking any of those (though I might for later armies, a lot of conversion potential there...)

17 hours ago, Edgecoc said:

500 point tournament coming up at the end of the month. List I have so far. All Slaanesh marked. Not sure about artefact or the two traits yet

1 Lord of Chaos (general)

10 Warriors with hw and shield

2x10 Marauders with axe and shield

10 Hellstriders with whips

I think it should be fairly solid, but am open to changes. I also have most of the Slaanesh models and more STDs that are also Slaanesh related.;)

Though I don't have much experience I would split those Hellstriders into two different units to have two -1 to hit bubbles, but the rest seems solid to me, probably the Lord of Chaos is better than the Lord of Slaanesh in this occasion, as getting all the marauders and warriors to run and charge seems pretty handy.

1 hour ago, The Traitor said:

The problem is the generals can't get within 12" of each other to use their command abilities, and the Slaanesh Lord one strikes me as better than the Manticore, specially since the latter can only target Chaos Warriors and I'm not taking any of those (though I might for later armies, a lot of conversion potential there...)

Though I don't have much experience I would split those Hellstriders into two different units to have two -1 to hit bubbles, but the rest seems solid to me, probably the Lord of Chaos is better than the Lord of Slaanesh in this occasion, as getting all the marauders and warriors to run and charge seems pretty handy.

My bad,  I meant  5 Hellstriders. 10 would be 200 points. I use the normal lord for smaller games. When I use knights the big lord comes out.

Archived