Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

Im curious if the changes are appealing or off putting for your nurgle army Tom? Your lists still work with drops to Sayl & Belakor @400pts

i suppose it really depends on changes & traits in the upcoming book.

At least my nighthaunt army looks really fun & mobile now (just need to work out skellies or zombies as allies :P)

Well, technically, it doesn't work because a) only Everchosen has Daemons of Chaos as Allies (as close as I can tell), so Be'Lakor is off limits and b) the Plaguetouched Warband cost (100) counts against the allies total since it is an Everchosen battalion, even though everything in it is Nurgle marked (according to Ben Johnson in the WHTV feed).  So, I would need to drop something (which would inevitably be Be'Lakor).  

That said, randomness doesn't appeal to me in a competitive environment, even though some of the abilities seem admittedly strong.  Couple this with the fact that you lose Cunning Deceiver and the Crown of Command and the Nurgle allegiance is looking less and less enticing.  I'm certainly willing to re-evaluate when we get command traits and items.  

Let me finish by saying I think there is a competitive Plaguetouched Warband out there.  I think sayl is still there but I don't think he is the initial primary wall because Sayl is no longer as dependable.  Instead, I would probably run a block of 14 Chaos Knights and then another block of either 14 or 28 Chaos Warriors.  There Knights have the base move to run and hedge out an objective at the top of 1.  In place of Be'Lakor, I would probably run Bloab for the additional penalty to hit and mortal wound spell.  Finally, I would probably run a plagueclaw or two to combat the emerging high body count meta. I'd consider Epidemius but I don't know if he's worth trying to fit it in. 

Those are my thoughts.  As you might have discerned, I've moved onto a new hobby project.  I should have pictures up on my painting blog by the end of this week or so with the new project :-)

(As an aside, it doesn't help that Fyreslayers basically can do everything this prior Nurgle list did, doing it better, and has a very powerful non-random mechanic, character traits and items.  Can you guess what my next project is...?  ;-) )

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Well, technically, it doesn't work because a) only Everchosen has Daemons of Chaos as Allies (as close as I can tell), so Be'Lakor is off limits and b) the Plaguetouched Warband cost (100) counts against the allies total since it is an Everchosen battalion, even though everything in it is Nurgle marked (according to Ben Johnson in the WHTV feed).  So, I would need to drop something (which would inevitably be Be'Lakor).  

That said, randomness doesn't appeal to me in a competitive environment, even though some of the abilities seem admittedly strong.  Couple this with the fact that you lose Cunning Deceiver and the Crown of Command and the Nurgle allegiance is looking less and less enticing.  I'm certainly willing to re-evaluate when we get command traits and items.  

Let me finish by saying I think there is a competitive Plaguetouched Warband out there.  I think sayl is still there but I don't think he is the initial primary wall because Sayl is no longer as dependable.  Instead, I would probably run a block of 14 Chaos Knights and then another block of either 14 or 28 Chaos Warriors.  There Knights have the base move to run and hedge out an objective at the top of 1.  In place of Be'Lakor, I would probably run Bloab for the additional penalty to hit and mortal wound spell.  Finally, I would probably run a plagueclaw or two to combat the emerging high body count meta. I'd consider Epidemius but I don't know if he's worth trying to fit it in. 

Those are my thoughts.  As you might have discerned, I've moved onto a new hobby project.  I should have pictures up on my painting blog by the end of this week or so with the new project :-)

thanks for the reply, I know what you mean, im sadly a little offput by the army with what we know about the army

Keen to see what youre working on, i remember you leaning towards a vanguard wing and or fireslayers from the one of the recent WW shows

New list with new Nurgle points and sayl nerf:

Glottkin 420

Chaos sorcerer lord on steed 160

Daemon prince of Nurgle, axe 160

30 plaguebearers 270

2*10 chaos marauders 120

2*5 blightkings 360

6 plague drones 440

Total 1930

I also have: 10 more PBS, horticulus, nurglings, plagueclaw, festus, harbinger

26 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I believe it is still required for the Tallyband of Nurgle battalion.

The original warscroll battallion says

The Tallyband of Nurgle consists of the following units:

1 Great Unclean One

6 or more units chosen in any combination from the following list: PLAGUEBEARER HERO, Plaguebearers, Beasts, Nurglings, Plague Drones

guys what do you think about the new allegiance? for me is pretty good!

drones got  buffed pretty hard since there is a point that increase all wound rolls by 1, making them trigger on a 5+.

shame there is nothing that buffs to hit for blightkings

overall i think the best roll we can have is a 1 (?) the +2" movement is huge since we are so slow.

plus after that there is the added 1 to wound and after a crazy strong one: all units within 7" of a scenery take a mortal wound, each nurgle heals 1 wound.

imho there is a possibility to make good use of this allegiance ability, if we get a reroll just like beastclaw do we could choose even more smartly based on the ingame situation

48 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

guys what do you think about the new allegiance? for me is pretty good!

drones got  buffed pretty hard since there is a point that increase all wound rolls by 1, making them trigger on a 5+.

shame there is nothing that buffs to hit for blightkings

overall i think the best roll we can have is a 1 (?) the +2" movement is huge since we are so slow.

plus after that there is the added 1 to wound and after a crazy strong one: all units within 7" of a scenery take a mortal wound, each nurgle heals 1 wound.

imho there is a possibility to make good use of this allegiance ability, if we get a reroll just like beastclaw do we could choose even more smartly based on the ingame situation

One of the effects forces the enemy to reroll any wound rolls of 6, effectively shutting off the Mortal Wounds kickback ability of the Plaguetouched Warband :-(

6 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

One of the effects forces the enemy to reroll any wound rolls of 6, effectively shutting off the Mortal Wounds kickback ability of the Plaguetouched Warband :-(

Yeah i noticed that... What a Shame, is such an awesome battalions

Although the +1 to wound is really good. For drones in particular

3 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Yeah i noticed that... What a Shame, is such an awesome battalions

Although the +1 to wound is really good. For drones in particular

I suspect Nurgle allegiance will be really good for Daemons but fairly lack luster for Mortals (who would inevitably be running the Plaguetouched Warband).

4 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I suspect Nurgle allegiance will be really good for Daemons but fairly lack luster for Mortals (who would inevitably be running the Plaguetouched Warband).

Same thought here.if you also note in the god's battletomes daemons are better characterised and often had really strong options (BT, BL) (LoC,blue scribes, herald)

In this battletome i think we will see the best of Nurgle in his daemons.

And while thinking that i also think that mortals in the range of Nurgle mortals will be pretty limited (pestigors may come out) and imho limited to glottkin, lords and blightkings.

Ok guys! I am two days away from the Sigmar GT at the NOVA Open. Very excited. Going to try to make papa nurgle proud.  But I still cant decide on Command trait!?!!

Was thinking either cunning deceiver or lord of war. Harbinger typically hides behind glotty. So lord of war is usually only good for him. But helps Glotbum do pretty good damage! Cunning deceiver is good for a turn of defense and helps if I dont get first turn (my list is a one drop, so if I come across another one drop and dont win the initiative roll.. I could lose a lot before I can activate my command ability bubble of love).. but after that 1st turn obviously no other benefits at all.. If I take Dark avenger it could go either way..no order or all order..

Here is my list.  I wont be making any changes to the list except for the command trait....and maybe the artifact if someone can convince me! Crown of command is for the marauders.  80 reinforcement points are for nurglings.  Please halp

Wicked Garden

Matthew Barker

NOVA Open - Age of Sigmar Grand Tournament

Allegiance: *Chaos*

Leader [140pts]
Harbinger of Decay (General) [140pts]

*Artifact: Crown of Command

*Command Trait:

Leader/Behemoth [740pts]
Bloab Rotspawned [260pts]
The Glottkin [480pts]

Battleline [900pts]
28 Chaos Marauders  [180pts]

-Mark of Nurgle

-Darkwood Shields

-Barbarian Axes

-Icon Bearer – Damned Icon

5 Putrid Blightkings [180pts]

Warscroll Battalion [140pts]
Plaguetouched Warband [140pts]

Reinforcements [80pts]

Total Points: [2000/2000]

28 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Ok guys! I am two days away from the Sigmar GT at the NOVA Open. Very excited. Going to try to make papa nurgle proud.  But I still cant decide on Command trait!?!!

Was thinking either cunning deceiver or lord of war. Harbinger typically hides behind glotty. So lord of war is usually only good for him. But helps Glotbum do pretty good damage! Cunning deceiver is good for a turn of defense and helps if I dont get first turn (my list is a one drop, so if I come across another one drop and dont win the initiative roll.. I could lose a lot before I can activate my command ability bubble of love).. but after that 1st turn obviously no other benefits at all.. If I take Dark avenger it could go either way..no order or all order..

Here is my list.  I wont be making any changes to the list except for the command trait....and maybe the artifact if someone can convince me! Crown of command is for the marauders.  80 reinforcement points are for nurglings.  Please halp

Wicked Garden

Matthew Barker

NOVA Open - Age of Sigmar Grand Tournament

Allegiance: *Chaos*

Leader [140pts]
Harbinger of Decay (General) [140pts]

*Artifact: Crown of Command

*Command Trait:

Leader/Behemoth [740pts]
Bloab Rotspawned [260pts]
The Glottkin [480pts]

Battleline [900pts]
28 Chaos Marauders  [180pts]

-Mark of Nurgle

-Darkwood Shields

-Barbarian Axes

-Icon Bearer – Damned Icon

Warscroll Battalion [140pts]
Plaguetouched Warband [140pts]

Reinforcements [80pts]

Total Points: [2000/2000]

Dude you've got loads more points available under GHB2! So many reductions for almost everything on that list!

You have 120 points more to spend!

Also there is NO WAY you can play harbinger without the talisman!!! Is so useful on him 

For trait i would go for cunning deceiver or if you wanna be safer for the 5+ unpredictable. This because the lord of war nerf is really high and there is no point in taking it anymore unless you have one big unit that benefits heavily from it.

If using 2016 with a fixed command trait, I'd go with Lord of War (wouldn't use it in 2017 because it only works on a 3+, and it doesn't apply to glottkin itself, only the riders).  When it comes up for your blightkings, it can win the game having that reliable +1 to hit.

I know things might be back to the drawing board when/if a tome comes out, but could you guys help me understand the kind of different ways you can build a nurgle army? There is actually a lot of toys now it's just Nurgle alliance!

When I go to do stuff that I like I find I can quickly go past 2k points so I feel like I need to peel it back a little. With this new hero, I guess you would want some beasts and some multiwound stuff to take advantage of the healing when units are destroyed...

I'm not that interested in mortals outside of the rotbringers, even though it seems like mortals are one of the strong ways to play now.

Not sure if it's clear what I mean haha.

1 hour ago, MidasKiss said:

I know things might be back to the drawing board when/if a tome comes out, but could you guys help me understand the kind of different ways you can build a nurgle army? There is actually a lot of toys now it's just Nurgle alliance!

When I go to do stuff that I like I find I can quickly go past 2k points so I feel like I need to peel it back a little. With this new hero, I guess you would want some beasts and some multiwound stuff to take advantage of the healing when units are destroyed...

I'm not that interested in mortals outside of the rotbringers, even though it seems like mortals are one of the strong ways to play now.

Not sure if it's clear what I mean haha.

just cover your needs really. going overboard on one aspect can leave you weak elsewhere. 

my next nurgle list will look something like

30 bearers

2x10 blightkings

epidimus 

2x plague catapults 

bloab rotspawned

harbringer of decay.

lacks mortal wounds a little but could be great against hordes. needs refining though. maybe drop a catapult for something like drones. 

Archived