Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

What you guys thinking about these 1k list?

List 1

1x Poxbringer  - General - Tome of a Thoundsand Poxes - Favoured Poxes

1x Daemon Prince - Endless Gift

1x Gutrot Spume

10x Plaguebearers

3x Plague Drones

3x Nurglings

5x Blight Kings

SC battalion

List 2 

Poxbringer - General - Favoured Poxes - Tome of a Thoundsand Poxes

Gutrot Spume - Rustfang

10x Plague Bearers

3x Plague Drones

3x Nurglings

10x Blightkings

SC Battalion

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Congratz said:

What you guys thinking about these 1k list?

Not sure what type of game you want to play, but I dont think you can play the SC batallion in Matched play, especially if it has no point value (dont have the book with me, it might have).

Also, named characters cant take artifact, so no Rustfang on Gutrot, and you can have a Command Trait on your General.

Overall, at 1k, you have a good, varied list, but no real general (no Command Ability to use). You could go for either a Lord of Plague or a Lord of Blight to complement, but it's not mandatory.

If you're not sure about the Daemon prince and want to keep it more nurgly (as in what's in the maggotkin book), just keep the blightkings unit to 5 models in your second army, and add a Lord of Blight/Plague as general.

You'll have a small army that will be functional with minimum cost, with a command trait, 1 artifact, drops from afar. A good start until you decide which way you want to expand. 

1 hour ago, Poltron said:

Not sure what type of game you want to play, but I dont think you can play the SC batallion in Matched play, especially if it has no point value (dont have the book with me, it might have).

Also, named characters cant take artifact, so no Rustfang on Gutrot, and you can have a Command Trait on your General.

Overall, at 1k, you have a good, varied list, but no real general (no Command Ability to use). You could go for either a Lord of Plague or a Lord of Blight to complement, but it's not mandatory.

If you're not sure about the Daemon prince and want to keep it more nurgly (as in what's in the maggotkin book), just keep the blightkings unit to 5 models in your second army, and add a Lord of Blight/Plague as general.

You'll have a small army that will be functional with minimum cost, with a command trait, 1 artifact, drops from afar. A good start until you decide which way you want to expand. 

What about removing gutrot for lord of blights? in list 2 

Even tho assault is pretty good

46 minutes ago, Congratz said:

What about removing gutrot for lord of blights? in list 2 

Even tho assault is pretty good

That would be good too, except if you already have Gutrot, as he is an amazing looking model ;)

You would have a 10 strong Blightkings unit that can shoot heads. Really, even with 5 models per unit, you cant go wrong with blightkings.

I would make the LoB general, with a command trait (either human or Rotbringer) and you could keep the Tome on the poxbringer, to help with your magic phase.

Overall a nice starter army!

17 minutes ago, Poltron said:

That would be good too, except if you already have Gutrot, as he is an amazing looking model ;)

You would have a 10 strong Blightkings unit that can shoot heads. Really, even with 5 models per unit, you cant go wrong with blightkings.

I would make the LoB general, with a command trait (either human or Rotbringer) and you could keep the Tome on the poxbringer, to help with your magic phase.

Overall a nice starter army!

Okay thanks!

Think in list 1 i will change Gutrot out with LoB

And

In list 2 remove 5 Blightkings and add a LoB (maybe remove Gutrot, cuz LoB is good if he is close to an unit of LoB)

45 minutes ago, Poltron said:

According to RAW, you sure could, and I see where you're going with this hahaha! Marauder's bombs of Doom!

Yup!!! Why not? I take some more wounds? With mystic shield and/or pro liar visions from CSL and/or fleshy abundance you should be fine. 

Even better on warriors..and the fact that you can cast multiples of the same prayer on a unit...... lolol this could get crazy!! 

34 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Yup!!! Why not? I take some more wounds? With mystic shield and/or pro liar visions from CSL and/or fleshy abundance you should be fine. 

Even better on warriors..and the fact that you can cast multiples of the same prayer on a unit...... lolol this could get crazy!! 

I agree that marauder's life shoudn't matter, take one give one should be a good trade. Would you go as far as 3x 35 marauders?

I'm thinking about my next plaguetouched list, and I wonder if it's better to just forego the mortal wounds or aim for big units of marauders to make those mortal wounds proc.

31 minutes ago, Poltron said:

I agree that marauder's life shoudn't matter, take one give one should be a good trade. Would you go as far as 3x 35 marauders?

I'm thinking about my next plaguetouched list, and I wonder if it's better to just forego the mortal wounds or aim for big units of marauders to make those mortal wounds proc.

I think this would work better on warriors. They have a natural ability to RR 1s to save, and with mystic on them they are 3+ RR1s with natural 2 wounds. 

I honestly was about to flip a coin on my last 250 points of my plaguetouched warband ..until I saw this ridiculous loophole. It was either going to be..

chaos sorcerer lord and plague priest 

poxbringer with witherstave and favoured poxes and rotbringer sorcerer with muttergrub. But how can I NOT use this lol inducing combo???

55 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I honestly was about to flip a coin on my last 250 points of my plaguetouched warband ..until I saw this ridiculous loophole. It was either going to be..

chaos sorcerer lord and plague priest 

poxbringer with witherstave and favoured poxes and rotbringer sorcerer with muttergrub. But how can I NOT use this lol inducing combo???

Please report back! I initially got 40 marauders for plaguetouched warband+ the chance of +1 to hit, +blades of putrefaction, +1 attack from Glottkin as general, but this in addition would make marauders an obscene unit! Makes me want to field 3x35 around a glottkin!

It's part of the plaguetouched warband rules.  If you wound a model in  it with a 6+, then you can deal back a mortal wound.   So basically the priest makes the marauders deal mortals back on a 5+.  Put flesh abundance from the Glotkin on them and it'd hardly be worth attacking them.

This is nasty.  Very very nasty.

So maybe  a tarpit list; something like:

Battalion:

Plaugetouched WB

Leaders:

Glotkin (general) (Plague Squall?)

GUO (bell and blade) (endless gift) (favored poxes?)

Plague Priest

Plague Priest (prayers stack!) (Our twisted version of Gore Pilgrims)

Battleline:

30(28) Marauders

15(14) BlightKings

30 Plaguebearers

(2000)

18 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

So maybe  a tarpit list; something like:

Battalion:

Plaugetouched WB

Leaders:

Glotkin (general) (Plague Squall?)

GUO (bell and blade) (endless gift) (favored poxes?)

Plague Priest

Plague Priest (prayers stack!) (Our twisted version of Gore Pilgrims)

Battleline:

30(28) Marauders

15(14) BlightKings

30 Plaguebearers

(2000)

This wouldn't work because they need the Nurgle and Mortal keywords to be part of the battalion. It's going to primarily be slaves to darkness and rotbringers.  A mix of chaos knights, chaos warriors, marauders, blightkings and Rotbringers leaders is what I would take. Something like this (primarily driven by models I already have!) with only the marauders getting the multiple of 7 bonus from the battalion

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
- General
Sorcerer (120)
Gutrot Spume (140)
Plague Priest with Warpstone-tipped Staff (80)
Plague Priest with Plague Censer (80)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
- Nurgle Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
40 (35) x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes
- Axes
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Slaves to Darkness Battleline

Battalions
Plaguetouched Warband (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 191

14 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

This wouldn't work because they need the Nurgle and Mortal keywords to be part of the battalion. It's going to primarily be slaves to darkness and rotbringers.  A mix of chaos knights, chaos warriors, marauders, blightkings and Rotbringers leaders is what I would take. Something like this (primarily driven by models I already have!) with only the marauders getting the multiple of 7 bonus from the battalion

Yeah, I was looking at a mixed-list.  Basically two forces with the Glotkin and priests buffing (counter-buffing?) the marauders and Kings. (The kings being the hammer - sort of).  Then I have the GUO and plaguebearers  as  a separate tarpit entity.   (I too am working around the models I have). 

Do you need a minimum of 7 units to go into the  plaguetouched? 

1 hour ago, annarborhawk said:

Yeah, I was looking at a mixed-list.  Basically two forces with the Glotkin and priests buffing (counter-buffing?) the marauders and Kings. (The kings being the hammer - sort of).  Then I have the GUO and plaguebearers  as  a separate tarpit entity.   (I too am working around the models I have). 

Do you need a minimum of 7 units to go into the  plaguetouched? 

This should clear up anybody's questions. Especially those wondering how the combo works.

PT warband.png

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
- General
Sorcerer (120)
Gutrot Spume (140)
Plague Priest with Warpstone-tipped Staff (80)
Plague Priest with Plague Censer (80)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
- Nurgle Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Axes
- Axes
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Slaves to Darkness Battleline

Battalions
Plaguetouched Warband (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 191

Any particular reason why you went with the PP with the warpstone tipped staff? He is clearly inferior to the one with the plague tome (once per battle re-roll wounds against an enemy unit)?

How funny/awesome/insane would it be if the plague tome ability only said "unit" (it does specify enemy unit) and you gave you opponent re-roll failed wounds against your own unit ^_^ 

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Any particular reason why you went with the PP with the warpstone tipped staff? He is clearly inferior to the one with the plague tome (once per battle re-roll wounds against an enemy unit)?

How funny/awesome/insane would it be if the plague tome ability only said "unit" (it does specify enemy unit) and you gave you opponent re-roll failed wounds against your own unit ^_^ 

Well i have 1 of each and there's only 1 warscroll for plague priests so i assumed it doesn't actually matter as they'd both get the same rules?

Archived