Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

3 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

It seems you guys get bend over a lot of times here.

It is impossible to play 90 archers in a Kunnin Rukk.

The Bubble is 10" and the Arrowboys have a 32mm base, Middle of the base is taken up by the Savage Boss.

A square of 10" would allow for roughly 49 guys but since it is a 10" circle i would say 36 is a more realistic number.

I quote the FAQ here for you guys to stop that nonsense.

rules.png.409bb59176bea22d0854809315386124.png

A                                              
A: In

not what i meant, you can take 3 units of 30 archers in kunnin rukk formation you can only activate 1 unit within 10" of the big boss for the extra attack.  they still have 90 archers coming at you in the shooting phase which is what i was saying. 

You say only 36 would be in range?  1 unit of 30 would be in range to get the extra attack with 3 attacks each that is 90 arrows. it sais a unit is within range if one model is in the distance requirement so not sure what your talking about

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, josh1989 said:

not what i meant, you can take 3 units of 30 archers in kunnin rukk formation you can only activate 1 unit within 10" of the big boss for the extra attack.  they still have 90 archers coming at you in the shooting phase which is what i was saying. 

You say only 36 would be in range?  1 unit of 30 would be in range to get the extra attack with 3 attacks each that is 90 arrows. it sais a unit is within range if one model is in the distance requirement so not sure what your talking about

Ok i missunderstood here. I thought someone tries to play 90 archers in a bubble.

But no, all modells from a unit have to be within 10" of the Savage Boss to get the 3 arrow bonus.

Well the solution is pretty obvious anyways.

40 Blightkings with a Lord of Blights gives -2 to hit with arrows. 90 attacks  is 3 unsaved wounds in average without a Harbinger.

The spell Favored Poxes rends at least 1 unit of 30 useless.

In return the Savage Lord gets back 40 shooting attacks, slime exploding him to death.

The Blightkings attacks without any buffing will be in average 65 unsaved wounds

We could also use another secret weapon nobody talks about.

3 Nurgle Gorebeast chariots. A Great Unclean One plus a tree makes sure they get their extreme charge off anywhere on the field,

where the Gorebeasts get 6 attacks off.

That would make 18, damage 2 attacks alone without crew or charging damage or Battleshock

This will wipe a complete squad of Arrowboys in 1 turn.

That leaves us with one Group left without abilities and destroys the opponents gameplan  and tables him in round 2 or 3.

28 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Ok i missunderstood here. I thought someone tries to play 90 archers in a bubble.

Well the solution is pretty obvious anyways.

40 Blightkings with a Lord of Blights gives -2 to hit with arrows. At 90 attacks  is 3 unsaved wounds in average without a Harbinger.

The spell Favored Poxes rends at least 1 unit of 30 useless.

In return the Savage Lord gets back 40 shooting attacks, slime exploding him to death.

The Blightkings attacks without any buffing will be in average 65 unsaved wounds

We could also use another secret weapon nobody talks about.

3 Nurgle Gorebeast chariots. A Great Unclean One plus a tree makes sure they get their extreme charge off anywhere on the field,

where the Gorebeasts get 6 attacks off.

That would make 18, damage 2 attacks alone without crew or charging damage or Battleshock

This will wipe a complete squad of Arrowboys in 1 turn.

That leaves us with one Group left without abilities and destroys the opponents gameplan  and tables him in round 2 or 3.

you still have to get your kings in range 14 to shoot and they have a 28" threat bubble how would you do that?

8 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Knights could do the job better. On the charge they have 20 attacks on 4/3s -1/2 opposed to gorebeast 18 attacks 4/3/-/2 that halve if they don't roll 8+ for the charge.

also they are far more resilient and are easier to keep in range of the harbinger. 

i think your right kings are better than charriots, how about using 30plaguebearers on the 12" line to run forward and stop the archers getting in range of the kings then flank the kings round the side using terrain and cover to get in charge range of the archers without taking any shots first? keeping harbinger in range for the second 5+ and LoB for the -2 in shooting seems important

Ok a little game for you all...

What is the best units/unit to fill the last 250 points of a 2000 point list? At least one unit MUST be a mortal nurgle unit and at least one MUST be a wizard.  But all nurgle factions are in play. 

One good combo I came up with that I'm not sure how I feel about it chaos sorcerer lord and plague priest. 

I do have a single block of 14 warriors in my list so sayl is a viable pick, just FYI. Go! (And thanks)

Has anyone else faced the new Death book?  Specifically Nagash and Morghasts?

Two games against them now and both games have been completely one sided and my Nurgle army getting tabled while doing almost no damage.

Uber character Death lists swept out local tournament this Saturday taking the top 3 spots.  

Nagash completely shuts down any chance of getting any spells off for Nurgle and his access to all these new spellls that are impossible to dispel since he gets and auto plus 3 to cast.  

Can't ignore him  or stay out of  unbind range because of his movement spell.

Losing our access to magic leaves us with nothing to deal with Nagash who has a 2+ arrmor save rerolling 1s ( because our can't stop mystic shield with his casting bonus), a 4+ against mortals and a 6+ death save and he heals wounds every hero phase.

Between Nagash attack power, Hand of Dust and 4 harbingers supporting him who have  flying 3d6 charge  to secure swinging first, rend -2 attacks and Nagash being able to heal them as well.  Youre faced with losing a unit a turn(  30 plaguebearers pop no problem and Great Unclean ones pop before they can heal).

I think the new death meta invalidates all of our magic and most of the daemon range.

I am hoping I can make something playable with Blightcyst or Plaguetouched.

It doesn't have to win either.   It just needs to be enough to be able to participate in the game.

For context this is what I brought. Over all I got two wins before I was rendered useless by  Nagash, so I know my list isn't terrible.

www.warscrollbuilder.com
Wiley - Allegiance: Chaos
Leaders
Rotigus (340)
- Lore of Virulence : Glorious Afflictions
The Glottkin (420)
- General
- Lore of Malignance : Blades of Putrefaction
Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Foulness : Plague Squall

- Muttergrub
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
- Mark of Chaos : Nurgle
- Lore of Foulness : Cloying Quagmire
Units
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
Total: 2000 / 2000 
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 2/4 Artillery: 0/4
Wounds: 155

18 minutes ago, Krieger said:

Two games against them now and both games have been completely one sided and my Nurgle army getting tabled while doing almost no damage.

Uber character Death lists swept out local tournament this Saturday taking the top 3 spots.  

Nagash completely shuts down any chance of getting any spells off for Nurgle and his access to all these new spellls that are impossible to dispel since he gets and auto plus 3 to cast.  

Losing our access to magic leaves us with nothing to deal with Nagash who has a 2+ arrmor save rerolling 1s ( because our can't stop mystic shield with his casting bonus), a 4+ against mortals and a 6+ death save and he heals wounds every hero phase.

Between Nagash attack power, Hand of Dust and 4 harbingers supporting him who have  flying 3d6 charge  to secure swinging first, rend -2 attacks and Nagash being able to heal them as well.  Youre faced with losing a unit a turn(  30 plaguebearers pop no problem and Great Unclean ones pop before they can heal).

I think the new death meta invalidates all of our magic and most of the daemon range.

It doesn't have to win either.   It just needs to be enough to be able to participate in the game.

Death is a really really really tough matchup. 

For Daemons is super hard to get through.

Plaguetouched hardly has the damage to break through, but with knights with glaives it can be doable. We're behind because they have more bodies.

Blight cyst has some good damage and rend that is needed. Is probably the best list to face death with.

@sal4m4nd3r 250 points is a tough amount.

Poxbringer + 2*10 marauders?

49 minutes ago, Krieger said:

That sounds a bit dispiriting!

Death don't historically do well at tournaments (relatively, they still finish top 10 frequently) so this is a big change if it's not just your local meta. Has anyone else played against the new death?

11 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

@shadowgra assume all battleline req. are met. And I'm not necessarily trying to fill every point! Going for max effect. Either punchy or even support buffs, debuffs. 

I like marauders in 10s, they are cheap objective holders and screens.

Otherwise you could go festus+ chariot or gorebeast chariot that gives you a bit of a speed bump.

Or you could go festus+3 nurglings

Without knowing the list is hard to suggest you a good fill.

I faced death with plaguetouched and i got a minor loss of 200 points (that because the guy was a bit... "That guy"). I can tell you that skeletons if you have no rend are hard to deal with. Our mages aren't strong enough to deal with his and their debuff spells demolish our units, mainly because we have a meh damage on most units.

17 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

That sounds a bit dispiriting!

Death don't historically do well at tournaments (relatively, they still finish top 10 frequently) so this is a big change if it's not just your local meta. Has anyone else played against the new death?

Our local meta is usually similar to the results we see in major GTs.  This is not only unheard of for death but it was also the first time we've had one faction secured 1st , 2nd and 3rd.    Third place was even won by a player who usually places in the bottom.

I honestly thought Stormcast Aetherstrike would at least put up a fight from one of our players who usually places 1st or top 3, but it was no contest vs Arkhan , Mortis Engine, 4 Morghasts, Black Knights and skeletons.

It's starting to look like Plaguetouched, Blight Cyst or maaaaaybe Affliction Cyst are the only viable options.

I really love the daemon range, but I don't see how we can make them work when death can almost guarantee unbinding all of our spells while simultaneously guaranteeing all of their  spells.  Even the GOU seems like a bad idea if he can't cast and will likely die to hand of dust or curse of years (that we can't unbind).

32 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

I like marauders in 10s, they are cheap objective holders and screens.

Otherwise you could go festus+ chariot or gorebeast chariot that gives you a bit of a speed bump.

Or you could go festus+3 nurglings

Without knowing the list is hard to suggest you a good fill.

Ok. I was trying to get list advice without posting another list. I feel like I seek a lot of advice here and hate to dominate the talk.

glotkin, general, blades

gutrot, 10 blightkings, 5 blightkings, 5 blightkings, 28 marauders, 14 chaos warriors.

Figure I need another caster in there..

Thought sayl might be a good choice. He could toss the warriors somewhere while gutrot coming from another edge. Glotkin/marauders crashing from front. Other 10 bligjtkings do their thing. Very tactically flexible. 

Could do a chaos sorcerer lord with plague priest. No punch there just pure support. Demonic power and/or ocular visions is amazing on glotkin, marauders and kings. 

Chaos sorcer on manticore is interesting. Lots of mortal wound potential. Decent combat threat. Wound leave a random 50 point hole though. 

Maybe just a rotbringer sorc and muttergrub and poxbringer for spell casting. Foul regenesis and maybe a couple debuff spells.

or I could just do like a lord of plagues to back up 10 kings. And maybe a plague priest or another rando chaos hero to carry a carrion dirge. Maybe a bilepiper for bravery debuff and a demon artifact... 

I just can't seem to see a clear winner. But I played a bunch of practice games and I lobe bloab. So much but he didn't add the effect on the game his points cost warrants. Thanks for any advice

7 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Ok. I was trying to get list advice without posting another list. I feel like I seek a lot of advice here and hate to dominate the talk.

glotkin, general, blades

gutrot, 10 blightkings, 5 blightkings, 5 blightkings, 28 marauders, 14 chaos warriors.

Figure I need another caster in there..

Thought sayl might be a good choice. He could toss the warriors somewhere while gutrot coming from another edge. Glotkin/marauders crashing from front. Other 10 bligjtkings do their thing. Very tactically flexible. 

Could do a chaos sorcerer lord with plague priest. No punch there just pure support. Demonic power and/or ocular visions is amazing on glotkin, marauders and kings. 

Chaos sorcer on manticore is interesting. Lots of mortal wound potential. Decent combat threat. Wound leave a random 50 point hole though. 

Maybe just a rotbringer sorc and muttergrub and poxbringer for spell casting. Foul regenesis and maybe a couple debuff spells.

or I could just do like a lord of plagues to back up 10 kings. And maybe a plague priest or another rando chaos hero to carry a carrion dirge. Maybe a bilepiper for bravery debuff and a demon artifact... 

I just can't seem to see a clear winner. But I played a bunch of practice games and I lobe bloab. So much but he didn't add the effect on the game his points cost warrants. Thanks for any advice

Sayl in your list would be really strong.

You could do sayl + sorcerer with muttergrub and you have 5 spells per turn

You could drop 5 kings to have 400 points and get a lord of affliction with rustfang and sayl and bring the marauders to 40. That would be my go-to choice.

You could go poxbringer with tome+ sorcerer with muttergrub in order to use both the artefact slots.

I really think that unless you play knights sayl is iper mandatory. With knights you kind of make up for the TP miss.

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

Sayl in your list would be really strong.

You could do sayl + sorcerer with muttergrub and you have 5 spells per turn

You could drop 5 kings to have 400 points and get a lord of affliction with rustfang and sayl and bring the marauders to 40. That would be my go-to choice.

You could go poxbringer with tome+ sorcerer with muttergrub in order to use both the artefact slots.

I really think that unless you play knights sayl is iper mandatory. With knights you kind of make up for the TP miss.

Great ideas here. Thanks! It's either going to be sayl and sorc, csl and plague priest, or sorc and poxbringer. That is if I don't tinker my list into oblivion until adepticon! But I need to decide soon and nail down painting needs!!!

6 hours ago, Krieger said:

If he brings Nagash, you bring Archaeon. He is able to one-swing Nagash.

Archaeon has the Nurgle Keyword as well.

Make sure you buff his to Hit to a 4+ and you have a point and delete Heroes.

I killed nagash 2 times of 3. The first time played archaon and I just changued the cicle to +1 to wound and the kingslayer did the rest.

The second time I just doesn't cast any spell and he deleted me with 82363673712726 spells, that game was really anyoning just autoplay.

3Erd time i had 2 units of 40 marauders and I gived to one of my soceress Blades of p... And i sacrificied 1 unit of 5 blightkings to mantain him ocupped. Then mu caster cast Blades out of nagash dispell range. Plaguesquall, + the mortal wounds of cycle + The marauders natural hability + the icon + did the job, in one turn. But they score a major win cause I did a lot of things to kill him and I exposed myself so much.

I really don't think any melé army can face him. My 3erd game was just luck and skill, but I haven't any tools on my khorne and nurgle army to prevent his spellcastings or kill him.

The problem is his heal spells, he have 2 and is to much for a guy who have a 3+ save rerolling1 and 4+ ward save vsmortal wounds plus the 6 save of death.

15 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

But no, all modells from a unit have to be within 10" of the Savage Boss to get the 3 arrow bonus.

thats not correct. you literally linked the faq yourself and still got it wrong. 

the savage big boss warscrolls says within 10". not wholly within. therefore. 1 model half in the 10" bubble or what ever counts as the entire unit.

rules.png.409bb59176bea22d0854809315386124.png

Kunnin-Rukk.jpg

Archived