Chaos Undivided :D

Sete

Hello. New around here. :D

I have taken upon myself to be the Evil Guy at my area, since chaos is not popular around here, I shall rest upon my shoulders the mantle of darkness.

For starters im thinking on a Chaos Lord on Manticore 2 boxes of chaos warriors and a Sorcerer.

That will give me a lot of stuff to paint but I find the lack of ranged weapons disturbing.

What should I had to my list? A monster? Which one would fit a heavy infantry list?

As soon as I start my army I will use this thread to show my poor painting skill :)

Welcome to darkness, brother. 

Seems like a good start. You could look at some knights or chariots for speed. If you want to stick to infantry some Chosen are a good option. So are Dragon Ogors. With shooting there isn't much for undivided (or Slaves to Darkness as they now are called) but if you are willing to look more widely in the Chaos Grand Alliance there are plenty of options. You could take Ungors with bows or any of the many crazy Skaven shooters.

An interesting point about the chaos warriors if you're using a point system (SCGT) They're costed based on there 5+ save against mortal wounds and if you're fighting an army who only deals mortals as an extra or bonus they're terribly overpriced. 

Aside from that little note, if you want to know what kicks ****** and llootks cool on the table Gorebeast Chariots. Great model, cool rules

Ah ungors! Hmm I could really add some beasts as cannon fooder xD

Great idea!

We dont use comps around here. And I think im probably use units of 5 chaos warriors to balance against Liberators since stats are almost the same.

Btw I noticed that the sorcerer does not summon daemons, and if I do add a keyword for him does it change anything? I was thinking on making a sorc with the mark of Tzeench.

Thanks for the feedback :)

50 minutes ago, Sete said:

Ah ungors! Hmm I could really add some beasts as cannon fooder xD

Great idea!

We dont use comps around here. And I think im probably use units of 5 chaos warriors to balance against Liberators since stats are almost the same.

Btw I noticed that the sorcerer does not summon daemons, and if I do add a keyword for him does it change anything? I was thinking on making a sorc with the mark of Tzeench.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Now there's a name I'm very happy to see! 

What should I had to my list? A monster? Which one would fit a heavy infantry list?

In a flufftastic move, the Chaos Monsters are the worst of all four Grand Alliances by a large margin. Avoid them like the Plague. One or two of the Bloodthirsters have their uses, but that's about it. Be prepared for the Chaos Lord on Manticore to underwhelm - at least he has a 3+ save from memory, but hits pathetically for something that should be at the stompy Dragon level.

Chosen are great with an infantry heavy army. Not so sure about Dragon Ogres as they cannot be buffed much (no god keywords). A Warshrine is a decent option.

Any Chaos Wizard, even a Skaven, can summon Daemons.

You mention undivided, but feel free to pick a god. The Tzeentch formation from the Everchosen book is quite good for a regular Slaves to Darkness army - I'm building one.  

Jezzails are a good option, or Warp Lightning Cannons, or Plagueclaw Catapults or Dreadquake Mortars for ranged threat.

Chaos lord has 4+ with a 3+ Mark of nurgle. Add the shield spell on it from the wizard 2+ I think :)

Well it seems I will need to buy some daemons next month for some harassing.

Any tips? 

Ill look for that formation to see if I can find it.

Unfortunately the App does not work where I live. :/

I'm not a fan of Daemons. Their units are fundamentally weak in combat (bad combat synergies, bad stats); and their Greater Daemons are underwhelming. They make up for it with an abundance of cheap tricks (plus a few broken units like Skullcannons) like summoning Flamers into range and shooting things off the table or Triple Gateway (Kairos, Lord of Change, Blue Scribes).

Ask Terry Pike for tips.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

(plus a few broken units like Skullcannons)

Not sure how you can call the Skull Cannon broken? You still have to hit with only 1 shot, a 3+, 3+. Then it's only D6 damage.... Nothing like the auto hitting, auto wounding mortal wounds that many other units in the game can give out.

Tzeentch flamers and the gateway however I'm with you. Very tricksy, but from the God of Tricks It's understandable.

I like the Bloodletters though, anything than can dish out mortal wounds in my book is worth looking at. Also Daemonettes in larger numbers are fun and killy.

Im open to a bit of everything on my list as I expand.

I like blood letters, will probably buy a box. Red and menacing should provide a proper distraction.

I dont intend to have skaven on my lists. (Unless I can get a sneaky assassin hero, Its chaos they cheat :D )

Yep got my shoping list for the summer.

Chaos lord blessed by Nurgle, but without obvious putrid shenenigans. 

A Tzeech Sorc with a small retinue. Some beastman and cultists from the Silver tower and couple familiars

A tower of skulls where he can hide and spam spells xD

Bloodletters as a distraction.

A mercenary skaven assassin to target wizards.

30 Chaos warrios as a core.

It will be a busy summer :D

*After I might get some Chaos knights or maybe some Bloodreavers and use them as Marauders.

I know it's a little hard on the wallet, but have you considered adding a small number of chaos dwarves to your army? The warmachines are cool and look great when painted up! Would fit fluff too, a chaos Lord wants some ranged firepower so finds a small band of chaos dwarves to fill the gap

Its FW right? I dont buy resin. Really dont like it. :/

I actually never looked at them. Gonna have a look.

I could use Beastman when they get a rebox instead of demons.

Well for now I will focus on the core, lord and sorc.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

If I were to do a Slaves to Darkness list I would for sure include the new WHQ Silver Tower Barbarian as my general! 

It will look a bit out of place with all those armoured chaos warriors.

If only we got new Marauders :)

Not sure how you can call the Skull Cannon broken? You still have to hit with only 1 shot, a 3+, 3+. Then it's only D6 damage.... Nothing like the auto hitting, auto wounding mortal wounds that many other units in the game can give out.

It's because it's not a Warmachine, hence it's a scoring unit. In SCGT a single one is a scoring unit - very effective for defending table quarters or objectives in your deployment zone. 

They are also hard to take down with 7 wounds and a 4+ save. Plus they can move 8 inches and shoot 30. The shooting is that of a standard cannon, with the full -2 rend. Alarmingly, you can take a unit of 4 and cast Daemonic Power on them, so they are all buffed to reroll hits and wounds of 1 - whereas most War machines are quite hard to buff (often lacking keywords) and certainly not 4 at once.

I'm not sure how to respond to "it's only D6 damage". Would you like it to be 6? There's only Durthu who has does more damage in one hit (in the absence of special rules) - a few mortars can do 2D6 to blocks. 

i find that chariots aren't very effective as singles, need to run them as a unit.

Knights with glaives obliterate stuff, especially so with daemonic power.

I would like to pick up a Chimera at one point. Very fast, very deadly, but much more fragile than the slaughterbrute.

As for ranged. Look at wizards (arcane bolt), pink horrors, and certain monsters (Mutalith Vortex Beast and Chimera f.ex).

Im not big on cavalry, but yes might get some chaos knights.

As I said I am hoping for some new marauders.

With the new chieftain I hope they get a remake with a similar look.

And bows as a weapon option. But this is in the realm of wish listing :)

4 hours ago, Nico said:

It's because it's not a Warmachine, hence it's a scoring unit. In SCGT a single one is a scoring unit - very effective for defending table quarters or objectives in your deployment zone. 

They are also hard to take down with 7 wounds and a 4+ save. Plus they can move 8 inches and shoot 30. The shooting is that of a standard cannon, with the full -2 rend. Alarmingly, you can take a unit of 4 and cast Daemonic Power on them, so they are all buffed to reroll hits and wounds of 1 - whereas most War machines are quite hard to buff (often lacking keywords) and certainly not 4 at once.

I'm not sure how to respond to "it's only D6 damage". Would you like it to be 6? There's only Durthu who has does more damage in one hit (in the absence of special rules) - a few mortars can do 2D6 to blocks. 

I'm probably only looking at it from my point of view. I play only fluffy lists, so when I turn up with my Khorne army, and have 1 maybe 2 skull cannons it's practically my only shooting. It doesn't feel OP. It's still just 1 shot, you will miss on average twice a game, and then you have to wound after that. It's not as good as the stats make it out, it's certainly faaaar from OP.

My point about D6 wounds, is that they are still saveable, even with a -2 rend. I play mostly against skaven, and their armies are FULL of mortal wounds, so I'm probably just suffering a little from army envy here. My Khorne have very very few methods of dealing mortal wounds. My Slaanesh army has none! 

Not everyone plays SCGT missions. I play mostly from the Realm Gate Books, and there aren't many Capture the Quarters.  

Chimera are great fun, not the most powerful monster but that D6 mortal wound flame breath attack is one of the best about.  It always shocks my opponent, they can dole out a huge amount of damage but do suffer from average stats, this makes them a bit hit and miss, some games they eat everything in sight. Others they are totally ineffective. 

All being said I'm still planning on a second one.

Chaos warriors are destinctly average, I've only seen them be the stars in one game at it was very situational (they took a charge from 3 dragons, made all their mortal wound saves and with cover and mystic shield they lasted 3 rounds of combat, and it was only 10 of them)

If you're facing shooty armies I'd go chariots and knights for slaves to darkness plus some monsters (chimera and giants) partly to draw fire and both can be decent damage dealers. You can always stick a Brayshaman in your ranks to resummon them later if they die.

8 hours ago, Ben said:

If I were to do a Slaves to Darkness list I would for sure include the new WHQ Silver Tower Barbarian as my general! 

General? He's going to be the unit champion of my Marauders..

Might make them look slightly more dangerous than they are! :)

I play Chaos Undivided or Slaves to Darkness in Age of Sigmar at the moment using the Clash Pool Choices and our own house rules.

I like Chaos Warriors with Shields, they're fairly tanky if you combo with a Sorcerer and cast Mystic Shield and put the Oracular Visions on them. You whack them in cover and they're hard to shift. But they're generally there for defending objectives, and certainly aren't going to win games for you.

Chosen are just like every other elite unit in the game, just a little bit tougher and better but pay for it in 'points'. To be honest, I don't know if I really get much out of the Slaughter Leaders rule (but I do forget it often enough as well... :(). They also put out a few mortal wounds. Daemonic Power can be a really good spell to cast on them to make them extra choppy.

Chaos Knights I think work best with the Glaives, and add that bit of extra damage and rend as well if you can charge them. Haven't used Daemonic Power on them yet, mainly because the Sorcerers are too busy buffing units with Mystic Shields.

Can't really give much tips on the 'competitive' side, we play fairly casual in my group so I can get away with using units I like. I'll just probably comment re: Warriors, try one unit first and only build and use the second if you're really loving them. I bought a whole bunch of Slaves to Darkness that basically made up my entire army which included 2 Warrior units, then bought a box to make a 3rd unit as well. That 3rd unit is likely to never be assembled, and it's a bit of a drag trying to paint another 10 Warriors.

So that's my tip, don't buy/assemble them until you're sure you really want another unit of them. This aint editions of old where core is mandatory, so you can easily get away with less.

Archived