• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

As far as the kharadrons are concerned, I agree that while some people fight with clubs and worship gods, these guys already roam the space in airships filled with gas. But, on the other hand, skaven have done this for years with all their crazy technology which hardly has anything to do with fantasy (not high anyway), so that's not that different. And now we have wild and melee oriented dwarves (slayers), very developed and shooty ones (overlords) and Dispossessed in the middle. I just hope they too get a tome at least.

52 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

As far as the kharadrons are concerned, I agree that while some people fight with clubs and worship gods, these guys already roam the space in airships filled with gas. But, on the other hand, skaven have done this for years with all their crazy technology which hardly has anything to do with fantasy (not high anyway), so that's not that different. And now we have wild and melee oriented dwarves (slayers), very developed and shooty ones (overlords) and Dispossessed in the middle. I just hope they too get a tome at least.

Well we should get a tome for them at some point because of the plain fact that we don't have a faction that represents grungi yet and I feel the Dispossessed represents that and also the fact Grungi is still missing.

The kharadrons are also sons of Grungni, just in the air. But you are right, he is missing and the tome does not explain his fate. On the other hand, I especially like the picture with three godly statues -  that could be expanded upon surely.

Just now, Menkeroth said:

The kharadrons are also sons of Grungni, just in the air. But you are right, he is missing and the tome does not explain his fate. On the other hand, I especially like the picture with three godly statues -  that could be expanded upon surely.

Yes but the tome also states save for one skyport none of them really care much for the ancestors or even worship them they don't even have kings anymore and pretty much let go of superstitions. The main barak with the most money just uses dwarf writing not for ancestor worship, but it simply looks "cool" on the ship. 

Whether Grugni will come back with/for the overlords por dispossesed is still open though. I doubt GW will develop a normal dwarfen army again. Battletome is still posible, but without much support. Overlords should get tones of support on the contratry. For instance, last week wafhammer community called this week's overlords last release "(for now)". 

1 minute ago, Turgol said:

Whether Grugni will come back with/for the overlords por dispossesed is still open though. I doubt GW will develop a normal dwarfen army again. Battletome is still posible, but without much support. Overlords should get tones of support on the contratry. For instance, last week wafhammer community called this week's overlords last release "(for now)". 

Yeah I don't expect another dwarf/duardin release for a long time just in a sense that the kharadron book barely mentions grungi save possible links to aether-gold. Their tome goes out of the way to explain Kharadron don't worship the ancestors anymore since in their eyes the gods failed them they can only rely on themselves. 

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yes but the tome also states save for one skyport none of them really care much for the ancestors or even worship them they don't even have kings anymore and pretty much let go of superstitions. The main barak with the most money just uses dwarf writing not for ancestor worship, but it simply looks "cool" on the ship. 

True, that's why the Dispossessed if they get a tome will surely have more information on gods.

3 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Gw always pushed hard their best and creative things, so no wonder. We just must hope that for the Dispossessed it's not yet over.

Just gonna say (and I may have here before) that long ago, in a Warhammer World that was, there were mumblings of a Dwarf 'Golem' and 'Blimps' . We haven't seen the Golem yet, and that sounds right up ol' Grungi's alley. ROBOT SUPER DORFS GO!

4 minutes ago, Dez said:

Just gonna say (and I may have here before) that long ago, in a Warhammer World that was, there were mumblings of a Dwarf 'Golem' and 'Blimps' . We haven't seen the Golem yet, and that sounds right up ol' Grungi's alley. ROBOT SUPER DORFS GO!

Yup, the stuff dwarfs/duardin can do with magical smithing(which seems to be grungi's thing), In hammerhal they detail that the sewer system is pretty clean due to the runes the duardin engraved on the walls that burn away the grime surrounding them. 

Archived