Pick 3 Stormcast Heroes

Rhellion

I've been writing lists with 2 and 3 heroes in them. With the amount of synergy and buffs in the new Stormcast all centered around heroes, I'd like to see everyone's top 3 heroes. Sure you can rotate them in and out... but this is your top 3 heroes in your list, if your event is today.

I think my picks are:

Lord Celestant (General, Consummate Commander, Mirrorshield)
Lord Aquilor (Strife-Ender...maybe, Aethereal Stalker... can pick a new hero every time he uses his command ability)
Lord Veritant (Bless Weapons, Lantern of the Tempest OR Hurricane Banner, can already dispel as a Wizard)

My top 3 most used are:

1. Relictor - was 3rd before the new prayers, now becomes a must include.

2. Lord Castellant - I played for ages without one but the lantern buff is just fantastic.

3. Lord Celestant on Dracoth - usually with lightning hammer, stopping pile ins. It's not even the damage output though but durability and the battleshock bubble as general. I value that more than the +1 to hit from the LC on foot.

The heraldor is a close 4th because people never expect terrain explosions.

Lord Celestant on Dracoth - Keen Clawed for his mount, preferably with obstinate blade for an extra -1 rend on his tempestos hammer.

Lord Celestant on foot - General, Staunch Defender - buffs the offense and defense of those nearby. Maybe Spell Shield armour for unbinding.

Lord Relictor - Cheap, buff-y, choose utility prayer to suit.

(Although my current list also includes a Castellant and a Vexillor).

My current thinking is leaning to:

LCoD- consummate commander, obsidian blade, keen clawed

Lord Aquilor- for the command ability and rule of cool

Relictor/Castellant- these guys are neck and neck for me, so I'll probably take one of each, lantern buff to save on LCoD is fantastic and lightning chariot on top of usual prayers is ace.

Here are my top 3, with the caveat that I haven't really looked at the new rules and such...

1. Celestant-Prime: since he essentially requires pre-assembly painting, he was the first model I finished painting (and he's a monster on the battlefield)

2. Knight-Venator: though the Star-Fated Arrow can be hit and miss (see what I did there?), when it works he's worth way more than 120 points

3. Lord-Celestant: boosting Retributors so that a full third of their attacks deal 2 mortal wounds apiece is a wonderful, wonderful thing

Archived