Bloodletter base size for tournaments ?

Kousei

Hello

I currently own 80 Bloodletters and about 60 of them are on 25mm circle bases, the rest are on fantasy 25mm square bases. The rest of my Daemon troops are on 25mm circle bases. I noticed that the new Bloodletters are packaged on 32mm bases. Should I be switching all my Bloodletters to 32mm bases and what about the rest of my troops?  I don't want to actually properly paint and finish my army and then be told my bases are wrong after the fact. 

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search about this topic and nothing came up. 

Still sold in round 25mm bases if you buy the unit directly from gw. But apparently they are also sold on 32mm bases.

Personally I'd take the unit specific box bases over the battalion box.

Specifically as the unit is sent out with those bases, rather than a whole battalion. 

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Still sold in round 25mm bases if you buy the unit directly from gw. But apparently they are also sold on 32mm bases.

Specifically as the unit is sent out with those bases, rather than a whole battalion. 

Agree on this.  Plaguebearers also look decidedly odd on 32's whereas Bloodletters are really unstable on anything smaller :D

I would also go with Plaguebearers on 32mm, the start collecting box was released after AoS made the switch so would make sense to follow whats in that box.

Also they are much better in the game on 32mm as you don't need the ranks of attacks you get form being on 25mm

20 hours ago, Arkiham said:

The specific unit rounds were packed in years ago for 40k. The latest release (sc) has them on 32mm. Not to mention website has them on 32mm and states that's what's in the unit box now.

5 hours ago, BrAiKo said:

The specific unit rounds were packed in years ago for 40k. The latest release (sc) has them on 32mm. Not to mention website has them on 32mm and states that's what's in the unit box now.

What ?

No it doesn't. I included the date for proof. 

Screenshot_20170110-091333.png

Unless they need to update the specific unit profile on their website.

It does show the old box to be fair.

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

What ?

No it doesn't. I included the date for proof. 

Screenshot_20170110-091333.png

Unless they need to update the specific unit profile on their website.

It does show the old box to be fair.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my comment actually referred to the bloodletter box on the website.  As for plaguebearers, see the AoS release for them above.

On 08/01/2017 at 11:39 PM, Kousei said:

Ok , I thought so. Thank you for the reply.  Have you seen other daemon players make the switch as well? 

Just for information, you can pick up 25mm -> 32mm conversion rings for models, rather than having to completely re-base.

Related to this topic and kinda urgent for me right now: What base size has a Bloodsecrator? Is it 32mm or 40mm? As it is only available in the Starterpack, I cannot look it up on GW's website. I have bought one from eBay and got a 32mm base... Appears weird to me. I thought it was a 40 mm base.

19 minutes ago, Surtur said:

Related to this topic and kinda urgent for me right now: What base size has a Bloodsecrator? Is it 32mm or 40mm? As it is only available in the Starterpack, I cannot look it up on GW's website. I have bought one from eBay and got a 32mm base... Appears weird to me. I thought it was a 40 mm base.

Just flicked through my pics and can confirm he's on the same size as the Blood Warriors which is 32mm

The Bloodsecrator is one of those prime examples of where there is no current consistency with official base sizes.  In the starter box, the instructions have you putting him on a 32mm. Yet (AFAIK) every infantry bloodbound hero released otherwise has been on 40mm (e.g. see Gorechosen). As such (and because I thought it looked better) mine ended up on a 40mm too. 

2 hours ago, Broxus said:

This is wrong.  I own the model he is on a 40mm base. 

Just to clarify - I flicked through MY pics (hence I own the model too) and he's on a 32mm, as per the instructions in the starter box.  He's top heavy so actually has a 2 pence coin glued in to balance him.  Yes, I could have put him on one of the 40mm bases, but I chose to follow the instructions :S

If you watch the WarhammerTV tutorial you'll also see Duncan has used a 32mm (each square is 10mm)

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, BrAiKo said:

The Bloodsecrator is one of those prime examples of where there is no current consistency with official base sizes.  In the starter box, the instructions have you putting him on a 32mm. Yet (AFAIK) every infantry bloodbound hero released otherwise has been on 40mm (e.g. see Gorechosen). As such (and because I thought it looked better) mine ended up on a 40mm too. 

Agreed.  The Bloodsecrator and original Aspiring Deathbringer are both on 32mm bases - I'm guessing they (quite sensibly) decided that the larger 40mm looked better for Khorne heroes.

@Surtur In truth most people don't have an issue with people going up a base size as it's fairly "wooly" at the moment.  It's not often the Bloodsecrator should be in combat so using a 40mm is rarely (if ever) going to even make much game effect difference.

6 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Just for information, you can pick up 25mm -> 32mm conversion rings for models, rather than having to completely re-base.

Have you used them before and do you know of any good sites that sell them?

It seems like I am going to be switching all my Plague bearers over as well :(.  A major concern I have is that I also play 40k here and there. I liked that I didn't have to switch base sizes/ types anymore.  I am guessing that plague bearers will be switching to 32mm in 40k as well,  but thats not for sure.  In 40k the large base size will be more of a disadvantage compared to AOS ( knowing this isn't a 40k site, so not trying to start a major 40k discussion or any thing).  I could just make it so I can switch them back and forth , but that its kind of a pain and more work. 

33 minutes ago, Kousei said:

Have you used them before and do you know of any good sites that sell them?

It seems like I am going to be switching all my Plague bearers over as well :(.  A major concern I have is that I also play 40k here and there. I liked that I didn't have to switch base sizes/ types anymore.  I am guessing that plague bearers will be switching to 32mm in 40k as well,  but thats not for sure.  In 40k the large base size will be more of a disadvantage compared to AOS ( knowing this isn't a 40k site, so not trying to start a major 40k discussion or any thing).  I could just make it so I can switch them back and forth , but that its kind of a pain and more work. 

https://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=761

The ol' goog had the answer all along :D

Archived