Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

I would consider dropping the shrine, you have 3 priests and a blood secrator so a lot of its role is covered. You could replace it with a mixture of the following which will add other options to your army

blood stoker in, all units will benefit from him but your skull reapers will especially love him (buffs wound rolls) as will your knights (charge buff). 

Khorgorath are great for 80 points and will fill in that tank my scary unit. 

Maybe amighty lord of khorne or a lord in juggernaut. Instakill axe and charge buffs on the mlok with upwards of 14+ attacks with your set up and mark of the slayer. Or the juggernaut lord will become an awesome tank w bronzed flesh on him. Your knights and elite units will like his wound buff. Plus he can deal mw which can become a lot of mw with the right artefact. At 140 points both are solid choices. Why not have both ?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Id personally consider another block of 10 Warriors over the Warshrine. Another great option in my opinion would be to add an Aspiring Deathbringer and Bloodstoker. This way you can buff a nice block of warriors and speed that up for a good Death Star type of design.

All in all I like the list for an all-mortal list. The Knights are neat in 10 too but I do think splitting them up would not be a bad idea, this way you can create two flanking forces and unless I am missing some discount it also helps for the Blood Tithe points offcourse.

Khorgorath's, Marauder Horsemen and others are always good choices too but I like the overall design here. I'm just a firm believer that a Bloodstoker and Bloodsecrator basically need to appear in any Khorne Allegiance Army. The prime reason is that attack quantity and speed are essential to any of our victores. Especially because we can't really teleport around the board. 

Thanks for your advices. I took all the option in consideration before taking the shrine, because i really want to see how those two prayers+invulnerable save will pay off.

I'm not a fan of the bloodstocker. I mean, i know he is REALLY useful and i used him plenty, but with so many pts already throwed in characters and bataillion, i'm not a big fan of putting 100 more in a 5 wound guy, even if his buff is beastly. But it's true the two khorgorath or lord of khorne on jugger are really, really tempting, because they never betrayed me...

I think i'll try all the option. I'll do a report if you need. I know i'll be destroyed as a khorne player in my upcoming tournament anyway (my local meta is very heavy shooting and top tier list) so i don't think it matter at the end. I'm more here to help the little new guys to not face atrocious list at every turn. :)

11 hours ago, Praecautus said:

I would consider dropping the shrine, you have 3 priests and a blood secrator so a lot of its role is covered. You could replace it with a mixture of the following which will add other options to your army

7 hours ago, Killax said:

Yeah Id personally consider another block of 10 Warriors over the Warshrine

The Advantage of the warshire (on paper) is that it provides buffs that do not need to be activated (Save after Save). It also synergises very well with Blood Reavers.  My concern is that in the suggested list, the list is light on Reavers so the advantage may be small.  

7 hours ago, Killax said:

The Knights are neat in 10 too but I do think splitting them up would not be a bad idea, this way you can create two flanking forces and unless I am missing some discount it also helps for the Blood Tithe points offcourse

I agree that MSU Knights are the way to go. But If your going down that road, something it to be said for a mix of Knights and Bloodcrushers. 

2 hours ago, jazman84 said:

You could consider a Lord on Daemonic Mount.

He'd make your Knights Battleline while also buffing their charge.

Sadly he doesn't make Knights Battleline, you have to be Slaves to Darkness Allegiance for that. 

Which is a shame. 

4 minutes ago, ledha said:

Rah, too bad, for a moment i really thought of it and it was awesome, getting rid of those naked bloodreavers and keeping a full armored army... :(

Oh yep,  You can run skull Skull Crushers as battle line if you take a Lord on Juggernaut. 

22 hours ago, Uveron said:

The Advantage of the warshire (on paper) is that it provides buffs that do not need to be activated (Save after Save). It also synergises very well with Blood Reavers.  My concern is that in the suggested list, the list is light on Reavers so the advantage may be small.  

I agree that MSU Knights are the way to go. But If your going down that road, something it to be said for a mix of Knights and Bloodcrushers. 

Yeah the Warshrine most certainly isn't bad but at the same time I don't see enough Bloodreavers for it and do see enough Priests as it where.

I really feel that there are different routes to go who present more issues and especially because 20 points are still left in the list feel like 10 Blood Warriors would archieve more. As the Bronzed Flesh on them in multitudes does lead to several units who are simply difficult to deal with altogether. 

I think the Knights are at it's place here as a giant flanking force, but in order to preform that role well enough we'd need a frontal force that can stick around in the first place in my opinion. Which is done quite well with multitudes of Blood Warrior units. 

3 hours ago, misthv said:

@Killax do you have any thoughts on how to make a Archaon + Varanguard centered Khorne force? :-) Doesn’t have to be competitive, but competitive enough to make it worth-while to paint all that trim! :D

Not really, Juggerlord is good with him, so is priest boost but otherwise we dont amp him up like Tzeentch can. Though going the Juggerlord route for Command Ability combo is a start. Mix with cheap units, see what happens kind of deal.

I came back ! My ass is still red from all the kicking, but it was instructive ! 

My first game was the fourth battleplan (battle of the pass) against a changehost (60 brimstone, 60 blue, 30 pink), 1 LOC, 1 changelin, one gaunt, blue scribe and 6 screamers (who were here for the lol factor, this player usually take instead 60 more horrors)

I had to play first, so i ran forward, hoping to block him, bloodsecrator/warshrine, slaughterpriest middle, chaos knight, skullreapers and wrathmonger down, bloodwarriors, bloodreavers and skullreapers first. I trapped the changelin.

He played, swap the changelin with 30 blue horrors behind my line (if had no possibility to counter that. Well, i could have, but then he would just have teleport his lord of change and kill everything with it), taking my rear objective. He advanced and swapped his horrors forward, taking the two middle with the virtue of number, and killed several guys here and here with his spells and 200 shooting attack.

Then he had double turn, took even more points, and killed more guys. 18-5, ouch.

I did my best in the subsequent turns, but was foiled by two failed charge of my skullreapers, and was unable to come back, because of all thos screens, mobility and range attack. I took a major defeat, even if i killed a fair number of guys (nearly all his horrors). I was unable to neuter his magic. +1/2 to all his spells and reroll failed one make him unstoppable.

My second game was again a fyreslayer list. 3x30 vulkite, runeson on magmadroth, one battlesmith, two runesmitters, 12 skywarden, and the kinband warscroll bataillion, giving two shooting phase to his vulkite as well as better pile-in move. It was  the Starfall battleplan). 

Well, what can i say ? Even with 3000 pts, i don't know if i could beat 3x30 vulkite. 4+ rerollable save with a 4+ invulnerable and 180 shots with them alone, pile-in of 4/5 in average and long charge made them unstoppable. I prevented all teleportation, so he teleported in front of me, charged with everyone, and destroyed my troops little by little, even if my ultra armored troops (bloodwarriors and skullreapers with 1+ save!) were able to hold a bit, until he hold the rend-2 and ****** everything up. I completely bounced of his list. At the end, i was nearly tabled, but the remnant of my troops gave me the lead in the scenario, at 9-8. However, in my area, we have a system that include kill point (to prevent someone to win even when he was utterly destroyed, or to reward the guys who was a bit more efficient than the other), and finished way behind

My third game was against the only "not-tournament-tier" list, a deathrattle army with Arkhan, 20, 20 and 10 skellies, 20 grave guards, 1 wight king, 1 necromancer, 1 vampire and 10 black knight, as well as the legion of death.

My opponent was quite the beginner, and i won without much problem. However, very bad dice roll and unfair mystic terrain (my WHOLE deploiement area was affected by mystical terrain, and 3 of my units, including my 10 skullreapers and 5 wrathmonger) did nothing 2 turn in a row, which really delayed the fight. At the end, i won only 14-9 on the objective.

Vulkite's are certainly something else since GH2017, luckily though we can most certainly muster similar numbers with some insane output also. One advantage we do have is offcourse to stack attacks upon attacks. Including the Crimson Crown, Bloodsecrator and possibly more there is a lot of damage output we can generate but offcourse a 4++ is still something that will dwindle that damage.

A cool thing to consider still, especially for that is giant blocks of Bloodreavers with a Shrine :) Stack hits, come up with obscene numbers of attacks also and basically care little about what survives the ordeal. 

Cheers,

On 17/12/2017 at 12:47 AM, gertat said:

Rules question

Can a Chaos Lord on daemonic mount with the mark of Khorne take a Crimson crown?

If this works thinking of testing that with a killfrenzed Bloodletter bomb 

I do that Crimson Crown Bloodletter combo but with an Insenate Rage Bloodthirster instead of a Chaos Lord..

It works really well especially when used on himself too??

Yeah I use it on the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster myself but any Khorne Daemon really will work well for it. It's just a shame that the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut for whatever reason is just Mortal and not Daemon aswell. There are still plenty of options offcourse and to me this is what makes the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount and Daemon Prince still a very viable consideration! 

Almost holidays so I will be able to continue several Khorne related projects, for AoS, 40K and Shadespire actually. Though for all who are looking for something special I do think it's still worthy to mention that a Bloodthirster remains a great general choice if you have at least two units of Bloodletters aswell, there is really little reason to not do it in my opinion.

image.png.d7a446686447398ac817983b2fff105c.png

No matter the system, Blood for the Blood God!

Hey khorne peeps. I have a 2v2 coming up. It will be 2k a side, my khorne plus tzeentch v spider fang and seraphon. Trying to build a 1k list, this comes to 1k but not sure if I like it. Any thoughts

Lord on juggernaut

Bloodsecrator

Blood stoker

10 blood warriors

10 blood warriors

2 khorgorath 

gore chariot or priest 

Any thoughts on swapping units?

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

Hey khorne peeps. I have a 2v2 coming up. It will be 2k a side, my khorne plus tzeentch v spider fang and seraphon. Trying to build a 1k list, this comes to 1k but not sure if I like it. Any thoughts

Lord on juggernaut

Bloodsecrator

Blood stoker

10 blood warriors

10 blood warriors

2 khorgorath 

gore chariot or priest 

Any thoughts on swapping units?

What type of game are you playing? Random Battleplan or something specific.

How are allies/friendly players treated? Can you buff each other? (keyword permitting etc). And what is the Tzeentch player taking?

Do you need the MW output from a priest if he is heavy on the magic?

How much use is the command ability on the lord on jugger- ie serephon + spiderfang are you likely to be actually getting the charge or more likely to take one?

Thoughts on this 2K list?

Leaders

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster - 330pts

Crimson Crown

Immense Power

Bloodsectrator - 120 pts

The  Brazen Rune

Bloodstoker - 80pts

Slaughterpriest - 100pts

Slaughterpriest with Hack Blade and Skullhammer - 100pts

Battleline

Bloodletters x30 - 270pts

Blood Warriors x5 - 100pts

Blood Reavers x10 - 70pts

Behemoth

Soul Grinder - 280pts

Other

Wrathmongers - 180pts

Khorgorath - 80pts

Warscroll Battalion

Gorepilgrims - 180pts

1990/2000pts

6 hours ago, ****** said:

What type of game are you playing? Random Battleplan or something specific.

How are allies/friendly players treated? Can you buff each other? (keyword permitting etc). And what is the Tzeentch player taking?

Do you need the MW output from a priest if he is heavy on the magic?

How much use is the command ability on the lord on jugger- ie serephon + spiderfang are you likely to be actually getting the charge or more likely to take one?

Good questions, making me think through my list - which I am not overly happy with

Not sure on type of game, expect it will be one of the pitched battle plans chosen at random so can't tailor much to a plan

Tzeentch will be built around a LoC but otherwise not sure yet, 

ingereting question on the priest, he does give me access to some buffs but may not be so reliable outside gore pilgrims - tricky decision

Good point re Lord, I was thinking of having him as a tank w mw with his buff being a nice add on. 

Need to think some more as it feels odd not having the reaver shield and I can also see value in a number of the other heroes.

5 hours ago, jazman84 said:

Thoughts on this 2K list?

Leaders

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster - 330pts

Crimson Crown

Immense Power

Bloodsectrator - 120 pts

The  Brazen Rune

Bloodstoker - 80pts

Slaughterpriest - 100pts

Battleline

Bloodletters x30 - 270pts

Blood Warriors x5 - 100pts

Blood Reavers x10 - 70pts

Behemoth

Soul Grinder - 280pts

Other

Wrathmongers - 180pts

Khorgorath - 80pts

Warscroll Battalion

Gorepilgrims - 180pts

1990/2000pts

Solid but would swap the Soulgrinder for more Bloodletters. It allows you to then also upgrade the Blood Warriors to 10 by dropping the Khorgorath to have that nice 2000/2000.

WoK BTs are just great with multiple Bloodletter units. Also test SP with Blood Tithe spell to double Command Ability the Bloodletter units to make Sayl-like jumps ;)

Bloodletters and WoKs are like peanutbutter and jelly.

Archived