Hi all, game 8 with my Blades of Khorne versus a mate called Mike and his Fyreslayers and Stormcast Order army.
We played Battle for the Pass, 2000 points and matched play.
This was a great game, as have never played the mission or either army before. I went in with zero expectations of pulling anything from the game lol, save a bit of dignity…
Runesmiter, Battlesmith, 2 x 20 Volkite Berserkers, 10 Hearthguard Berserkers, Magmadroth, 2 x Venators, 2 x 5 Judicators, 5 x Liberators and 2 x Fulminators.
When Mike was taking me through his army, or what some of the effects or features are I was like wow how will I ever get through these Fyreslayers 4+ rerolling save against Mortals doh?!
At one stage, some units were getting a save, then a save against mortals or damage, and then rerolling that save wowsers?!?!?
I used the same list have been using for last 5 odd games now, and was a Gore Pilgrims Warscroll, backed up by 2 x 30 Bloodletters and 2 Bloodthirsters. A key difference this time however was Harvester of Skulls on the WoKBT, and the Banner of Khorne on the Bloodsecrator.
I dropped first and went first, as had only 6 drops. My deployment was standard, Bloodletters central left and right of middle, WoKBT in middle by Bloodsecrator, IRBT on the outside of my right Bloodletter unit, Blood Warriors on flanks, and Bloodreavers covering my rear and my harem of Hero’s.
Turn One; I go first=
• Everything powers up, Portal opens, Killing Frenzy on both Bloodletter units
• Everything moved up, Bloodletters central, WoKBT moves across to middle, and the IRBT moves to right flank
• Bloodreavers continuing to protect rear and characters
• Bloodsecrator trying to hide behind a rock in middle
• A nice quick and simple turn, scored 5 points as held both objectives in no-man’s land and my deployment zone one
Chaos = 5 v Order = 0
• Mike had deployed his Fulminators, Venator and Judicators on his right flank, a centre full of the bulk of his Fyreslayers backed up with Judicators, and a single Venator on his left
• All his Fyreslayer Hero’s did their auras, command traits and so-on… The biggie was most units were now immune to Battleshock
• Mike had cleverly positioned both Venators on his wide flanks, and moved them up to be able to snipe on my characters in the middle
• The Runesmiter and 20 Volkite Berserkers teleport 9” behind me and threatens my Bloodreavers and Hero base
• Shooting, and the HUGE news was both Venators missed with the super sniper arrows!!!!! This saved my Bloodsecrator, and my IRBT, which had already lost 5 wounds to pesky Judicators
• He charged his Fulminators into my Bloodletters on my left flank, doing around 7 wounds
• Bloodletters with 20+ unit size and Killing Frenzy were doing mortals on 4+’ and mortal’ed the Fulminators off
• Mike scored his base objective
Chaos = 5 v Order = 1
Turn Two; Big news lol I managed to pull-off going first…
• Powered everything up, opened Portal, and only managed 1 Killing Frenzy this time, onto some Bloodletters in my centre
• Lord of the Blood Hunt on the WoKBT
• Shock lol, a Slaughterpriest failed Bloodboil even with rerolls… I was hoping to dent the unit of Berserkers behind me
• Everything moved up, Blood Warriors stayed near the no-man’s land objectives, and all my Hero’s bunched around the Bloodreavers in my rear, anticipating a lucky 8” charge from the Fyreslayers
• No shooting really, 2 wounds on the Magmadroth with the WoKBT Bloodflail
• Combat – we had loads of Khorne charges it was all rocking off lol!!!
• On my left, Bloodletters into the Judicators (that were behind the killed Fulminators)
• In the centre, WoKBT into Volkite Beserkers, Bloodletters into Hearthguard, IRBT into Hearthguard and the Runesmith
• Activate my WoKBT first, with 8 attacks and does 20 wounds / kills 14 of the 20 Volkite Berserkers
• During the combat phase, Bloodletters kill Liberators, Bloodletters kill 9 Hearthguard, IRBT does 2 wounds on Runesmith and last 2 Hearthguard
• Mikes centre is crumbling
Chaos = 10 v Order = 1
• Mike does some clever shenanigan with removing casualties and makes room for his Magmadroth to get properly in combat
• A stupid axe from a stupid wounded Runesmith lol, takes the head off the wounded IRBT (poor BT everything was shooting it lol)
• The Venator on his right flank moves into combat
• The Volkite Berserkers in my deployment zone move up ad pull of a plucky 8” charge into 2 Slaughterpriests and 10 Bloodreavers
• The centre and all the carnage continues to go my way, however the wounded Magmadroth continues smashing me with its tail and blood at the end of combat phase
• I lose 5 Bloodreavers to the Volkite Berserkers and Mike outnumbers me so scores my base objective
Chaos = 10 v Order = 5
Turn Three; We both needed it, however Mike was running out of units in his board half… Blood for the Blood God – we get to go first again…
• Everything powers up
• A wounded ******-face Slaughterpriest fails his 2nd Bloodboil prayer and does 3 mortal wounds to himself and kills himself lol ******!
• HUGE game changer, sitting on 6 Blood Tithe points, at the end of my Hero phase I burn them all for APOPLECTIC FRENZY and piled with WoKBT and killed off the Magmadroth
• This was Huge as it meant then in my movement phase I was able to fly onto his base objective and kill off the 3 Judicators sitting close by
We called it there, as I was 19-5 by the end of my turn. Mike had a single Venator in his half, and about 10 Volkite Berserkers scrapping over by base objective. Depending how that scrap went in his following turn it could have been perhaps 19-9?
He had no way to score objectives and catch up, and in the middle I still had a decent sized Bloodletter unit, another unit with about 6 Bloodletters, my WoKBT and both Blood Warrior units. Then in my half, I had a Slaughterpriest, Bloodstoker, BloodSecrator and 5 BloodReavers.
Awesome game, Mike was a great opponent, huge carnage, and totally unexpected result, genuinely still shocked as I write this lol. Continued to learn loads about the game and my army.