Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

38 minutes ago, Tubs said:

Anyone else think that we will see a lot more karanak this edition? With bloodbound heroes as allies and flesh hounds being the ideal Msu unit.

A maxed out Bloodhunt is still worth the points at 130, plus you can use thirster command abilities through the blood tithe.

im looking into lists like this 

Bloodhunt has always been a great strong battalion in my opinion, and you're right that the new ally system will help get more use out of Karanak.  As to the list you're proposing - it certainly works under the new point cost for everything, though I can't help but wonder why you're not throwing in a Bloodsecrator too.  Should be easy enough to fit one in there and it would increase your power substantially or at the very least draw some fire from your other units.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jharen said:

Bloodhunt has always been a great strong battalion in my opinion, and you're right that the new ally system will help get more use out of Karanak.  As to the list you're proposing - it certainly works under the new point cost for everything, though I can't help but wonder why you're not throwing in a Bloodsecrator too.  Should be easy enough to fit one in there and it would increase your power substantially or at the very least draw some fire from your other units.

I almost always add 1-2 secrators to my lists! The reason I have done so here is purely because I only have 1 unit of bloodletters who benefit the most from a secrator 

The thing with dogs is they already have a large amount of attacks per model then they're going to be moving 15" avg without running or charging per turn qnd the secrator just can't keep up with that kind of mobility.

The dogs benefit hugely from any kind of wound roll buff so the blood hunt and stoker synergies help.

Secrators are possibly the best support hero khorne has but not always essential in a list especially where mobility is key.

Bloodsecrators work without actually working.  It's a magnet for fire even if your overall plan isn't to use him.  If you keep moving him up, they'll want to remove him before he gets into range where he opens a portal.  But no, you don't NEED one in a list like that, but if you can squeeze one in it doesn't hurt. :)

I suspect that Seraphon are going to be one of your biggest concerns with this list, so I'd start looking into their upcoming changes and figuring out how to counter what they bring to the table.  

4 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Bloodsecrators work without actually working.  It's a magnet for fire even if your overall plan isn't to use him.  If you keep moving him up, they'll want to remove him before he gets into range where he opens a portal.  But no, you don't NEED one in a list like that, but if you can squeeze one in it doesn't hurt. :)

I suspect that Seraphon are going to be one of your biggest concerns with this list, so I'd start looking into their upcoming changes and figuring out how to counter what they bring to the table.  

100% using the secrator as a distraction carnifex. Would mean I replace the thirster with a daemon prince. 

Seraphon are looking a lot better this time round. Thankfully this list looks to shut down the magical armies pretty hard DOT are running the tourneys here in Nz. 

With 11 ways to dispel I'll be giving them a headache in the hero phase they normally rule

Which of the box sets are worth getting to start your khorne army?

1. The "expansion" box

2. Battleforce slaughterstorm box

3. The starter set (assuming I'm stuck with the stormcast half too)

4. Start collecting

I already have gore chosen.

5 hours ago, Trout said:

Which of the box sets are worth getting to start your khorne army?

1. The "expansion" box

2. Battleforce slaughterstorm box

3. The starter set (assuming I'm stuck with the stormcast half too)

4. Start collecting

I already have gore chosen.

The "expansion" box is the only one I would say isn't really worth grabbing.  The others are all good savings on good core stuff.  Ultimately it depends what type of Khorne army you're trying to build which is going to dictate which boxes and how many of it you're going to buy.   If you're stuck with the stormcast stuff from the starter and have no interest in playing them then you use them for bits (dead bodies or convert them into chaos stuff).

So, I'm quite happy with this list now... I do however have a few things to iron out before I consider it "perfect" (for my taste).

I'd rather have an MLOK as general due to the use of his command ability early battle (pre reliable blood tithe). In this list I did upgrade the MLOK to Korghos (mainly because I had 60 points left). And I don't want to waste a command trait on making him general. So, if you can find better use of the 60 pts...

I'll use the Skullcrushers as "hero" pool for the Battalion when enemy picks of my heroes. On a side-note, I guess they keep their original warscroll, and thus inflicting D3 mortal wound on 4+ on charge when they break out as a new unit... also they gain +1 attack for rider and +1 attack for mount, I assume since it affects the whole model.

Bloodreavers gain re-rolls of wound rolls of 1 due to them being a multiple of 8. I don't love them (and I don't look forward to painting 40...) BUT I do appreciate their role as swarming threat. At 40 you need to fokus quite a lot of fire to make sure they stay down, otherwise you will have reavers on your throat re-rolling 1s to hit and wound with 3 attacks (at least, depending on bonus from Battalion then they're up to 4!).

Blood warriors I like. Probably equip them with gorefists for some extra punch when they go down. I originally had two units of 10, but that puts me to 9 MORTAL KHORNE units, and the Battalion is not 1-drop anymore. And I don't want to drop a hero (would be the Bloodstoker, but I feel I need him). Thought of running 15, and instead adding another Khorgorath but I only have two Khorgoraths so that won't be happening. 20 might just be too much to make efficient though... but its a lot of bodies to take down.

Khorgoraths are just a steal at 80 pts. High and consistent damage!

I never played Valkia but I did some math and she seems to have the highest dmg output on charge (if I don't miss anything) of all the non BT heroes of Khorne. I like. 

Bloodmarked warband (1-drop) Battalion 100
1 Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut
-
Command trait: Slaughterborn: Re-roll all failed hit rolls in combat phase.
-
Murderous artifact: Gorecleaver (1 melee weapon. Extra -1 rend and wound rolls of 6 generate weapon's damage as mortal wounds.)
Leader, General 140
1 Mighty Lord of Khorne (Korghos Khul) Leader 200
1 Valkia the Bloody Leader 140

Bloodsecrator
- Trophy of war: Blood-forged armour (ignore rend unless -2 or greater)

Leader 120
1 Bloodstoker Leader 80
9 Mighty Skullcrushers Battleline 420
20 Blood warriors Battleline 200

2 Khorgoraths   160
40 Bloodreavers Battleline 240
76     2000

@misthv I've run nearly that exact list before and it did very well for me in the games I played.  When running a Bloodmarked battalion I always run Skullcrushers to turn them into heroes because they just get so much out of it and have the staying power to really cause your opponent issues when they have to start dividing up all their attacks across your units.  I believe I made a post some time in the past Khorne thread that broke down how I used stuff in a Bloodmarked battalion using large sized units to flood out objectives and camp them.

Just now, Jharen said:

I believe I made a post some time in the past Khorne thread that broke down how I used stuff in a Bloodmarked battalion using large sized units to flood out objectives and camp them.

I'll have a look! Thanks :-)

Haven't had a chance to double check, but you may find that it's khorne mortals only in the battalion and you'll have to take the khorgoraths outside it as they don't have that keyword

Pre BoK I was running Bloodmarked warband with 3 x 40 reavers.

Looks awesome on the table

It's back breaking

Battleshock hurts if you get shot on turn 1 without a planted banner

A4 sized plasticard is an appropriate sized movement tray

Defo need two bloodstokers 

1 minute ago, ****** said:

Haven't had a chance to double check, but you may find that it's khorne mortals only in the battalion and you'll have to take the khorgoraths outside it as they don't have that keyword

Pre BoK I was running Bloodmarked warband with 3 x 40 reavers.

Looks awesome on the table

It's back breaking

Battleshock hurts if you get shot on turn 1 without a planted banner

A4 sized plasticard is an appropriate sized movement tray

Defo need two bloodstokers 

Good catch! I assumed they were mortal-ish since they are bloodbound and not daemons...

It a toughie, you must take 9 units

You want to max out leaders 

You have to have 3 battleline

You probably also want another unit (khorgorath/skullreapers/wrathmongers) otherwise the list doesn't quite feel there.

But getting all that doesn't equate to 1 drop

12 minutes ago, phizzco said:

This really feels bad that now we can't make sense out of using all of these new batallions that they JUST made for us with the BOK release... wth.

Most the powerful battalions people used from BoK are still very much worth taking under the new point costs do to the point changes on units included in them.

I don't know why you get the feeling that "everyone" is clamoring towards the Bloodmarked Warband.  Someone mentioned the battalion and its use under the upcoming changes (it saw only a 20 point increase making it pretty affordable), Misthv is putting together a list - myself and some others commented on it and made suggestions to it.  Though it is one of the cheaper battalions, it requires a high investment in units and really needs maxed out heroes to really shine in my opinion.

so then why is everyone clamoring toward this older battalion?

Probably because it is only 100 points. And cheaper than any of the BoK battalions. It "feels" undercosted... but also has to take units in odd sizes to get maximum benefit.

It has a solid rule that creates a hero if a hero from the battalion is killed.

Gives bonuses if models are taken in increments of 8

Bonus attacks from units in range for the rest of the combat phase if a hero from the battalion kills a model.

Do you think goretide is still worth using ?

Because with The cost increase, it is nearly 400 pts of " taxes " who could have been more useful on more units.

And by thé way do you have any Idea of how fighting against à free people gunline with lot of handgunners ? The fire when charged, fire in charge phase and fire in mêlée make handgunners absolutely disgusting...

Archived