Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

Yeah I'm really just not sure what they see in those Bloodcrushers that nobody else sees.  I'll take the point decrease on the Skullcrushers happily though.  I'm also excited to see Skarr Bloodwrath reduced to 80 points from 120 as I feel that's a nice cost for him.  The Warshrine was reduced to 180 and the minimum size of Chaos Warriors was reduced to 5 for 90 points (this gives us yet another affordable batteline option).  Small changes, but welcome changes.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Just a reminder to try not to look at this change in a bubble either.  We need to see what other factions are capable of bringing to the table with these changes as well before we start panicking. :)

No.

Panic ! Overreact Make a YouTube video of you burning your army !!

;)

28 minutes ago, misthv said:

Your thoughts on the massive increase of battalions? Hard to squeeze in several battalions now, and thus missing out on good equipment and stuff. I'm thinking ditching Khorne allegiance and just do mixed Chaos...

I think we'll be fine, as mentioned it's to encourage people to max battalions are than min them. 

It's been pointed out to me an I agree the bloodmarked warband is going to be great 

2 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Yeah I'm really just not sure what they see in those Bloodcrushers that nobody else sees.  I'll take the point decrease on the Skullcrushers happily though.  I'm also excited to see Skarr Bloodwrath reduced to 80 points from 120 as I feel that's a nice cost for him.  The Warshrine was reduced to 180 and the minimum size of Chaos Warriors was reduced to 5 for 90 points (this gives us yet another affordable batteline option).  Small changes, but welcome changes.

Yeah I think in general special characters got an indirect bump by the cost increase of Battalions. Before an additional artefact was easy to include, now there really is a max on the Battalions for 2K for me, which floats around 1-2 Battalions max, where before it was more akin to 2-3. So with cheaper characters that cannot thake Artefacts to begin with I think they will be more interesting. Even Khul.

Now what does hurt me a little is the cost increase for the Skullreapers, yes I agre 140 was likely too cheap but at 180 I dont know if Id ever thake them over Bloodletters and the like. But this might also just boil down to cheaper Bloodletters being one of the strangest choices, especially once you consider Sayl aswell.

In general I think Slaves to Darkness will be more interesting, at the same time, 'Bloodletters'.

7 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

No.

Panic ! Overreact Make a YouTube video of you burning your army !!

;)

Nah I'll just hold on to my army, continue to play, but then complain every time I lose and reference back to the "good 'ol days before they ruined the game with overpriced battalions", this way I am ruining my opponents fun as well as my own. ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm not having to adjust my favorite lists too much thanks to the cost decrease on various units offsetting the increase in battalion cost so my world won't change TOO much.  It does encourage me to try some various new things though, so I'm very much looking forward to list building again and seeing what others come up with.

:P I do love how GW loves playing with the WFB fire again.

Basically this book does come down to:
- Get more models because big units are cheap and thus better.
- Get less Battalions and thus more units because Battalions are expensive and the same effect.

I love it and think its potentially a bad choice. Its nice that more units have been pulled near each other but some of these changes do make me raise an eyebrow. 

It may be prudent to wait until all the Battleplans are out there before casting judgement on whether the point changes are going to work for Khorne or not.

As it stands the list I'm currently running is now too many points and I'm not sure what to cut. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Do any units that fit into the massive regiment/horde bracket have more than 1 inch range on melee weapons except for chaos warriors with halberds?

Gorepilgrims @180 ouch

Eyeing up the chaos sorcerer lord on manticore for 200

59 minutes ago, ****** said:

Gorepilgrims @180 ouch

Eyeing up the chaos sorcerer lord on manticore for 200

Yeah, regret painting up those slaughterpriests. I guess we all go WoK, 30 BL and Sayl now. Yay...

Or maxed murderhost. 

Just now, Jaehaerys said:

Would you even need WoK BL with Sayl? Could get one of the other ones for 260 points. 

Sure but ofc we are running at least 2x30 letters now... @270 it is a steal. So Sayl could handle the other flank. 

Is it just me or is it going to be hard to reduce no. of drops now if you don't run maybe Murderhost? I always got down the number by running 2 battalions, and it also gave me some versatility, but now it's down to maxing the battalions creating pretty boring horse armies and squeezing in a few additional heroes for some shenanigans? :/ 

4 minutes ago, misthv said:

Sure but ofc we are running at least 2x30 letters now... @270 it is a steal. So Sayl could handle the other flank. 

Yea true, would need to run Murderhost though to help the WoK flank get there turn one. Would be missing out on that 2d6 otherwise.

Like the other guy I really like look of Chaos Wiz on Manticore for 200 points. 

1 minute ago, Jaehaerys said:

Yea true, would need to run Murderhost though to help the WoK flank get there turn one. Would be missing out on that 2d6 otherwise.

Like the other guy I really like look of Chaos Wiz on Manticore for 200 points. 

Yeah, especially since they bumped the on foot one to 160 (come on...)!

6 minutes ago, Jaehaerys said:

His spell is pretty dirty with hordes. I guess that's the reasoning.

Yeah, ofc! 

I must say I'm quite disappointed at the whole transition to hordes. I can't understand why it should be cheaper to have more models since most units ' efficiency scale linearly with more models (more wounds and survivability, more buffable models etc.). I can see the opposite though, with min unit sizes being more expensive since many units have abilities that are in effect regardless of no. of models. Also, I feel this kind of killed fun and dynamic 1-1.5k games :(

[mention=3405]misthv[/mention] I don't know anyone personally (that has shared with me) who is or has played AoS games with the new rules ...

It is a substantial change, we have no idea what the level of fun or dynamic nature of the lists will be.

I hope that Sayl gets an appropriate cost with the GHB 2017 refresh given his "auto-include" status for many rosters. (Haven't seen his points myself.)

Yep and I doubt FW will update any points alongside the GHB2017.

They've already changed points for the Rogue Idol of Gork (or Mork).

I wouldn't bet a candy bar on them not adjusting points for units... ;)

I am eyeing very much to Chaos Marauders. 40 for 200 points is really nice, especially in a Khorne army where all the buffs and immunity to battleshock come very much in handy. You won`t get them off the objectives easily. 

Also loving my Brasss Stampede becoming cheaper- yay 80 points to spend @ 1500.

Additionally, Bloodthirster have become cheaper- this calls for a Council of Blood. 

With the cost increase of Skull Reapers and the cost decrease of Chosen they might also become a choice in Khorne armies.

Last but not least- Khorgoraths for 80 points are a steal.

Why don`t they sell them in boxes?

2 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

[mention=3405]misthv[/mention] I don't know anyone personally (that has shared with me) who is or has played AoS games with the new rules ...

It is a substantial change, we have no idea what the level of fun or dynamic nature of the lists will be.

I hope that Sayl gets an appropriate cost with the GHB 2017 refresh given his "auto-include" status for many rosters. (Haven't seen his points myself.)

They've already changed points for the Rogue Idol of Gork (or Mork).

I wouldn't bet a candy bar on them not adjusting points for units... ;)

I would expect they'll actually rewrite Sayl's scroll rather than just repoint him.  Those who are perceptive will notice that the Rogue Idol's scroll has also been rewritten.  I suspect we won't be dealing with Sayl (at least how bad he was previously) for much longer.

Khorgoraths are really a steal at 80... weird to repoint to 100 with BoK, then reduce to 80 w GHB2. I'm guessing to balance out the cost increase of Skullreapers e.g. in Skulltake... 

Just curious, now when most armies are going to be around 120+ models (discounts on hordes and reduced amount of battalions), are you planning to investing in movement trays? I'm thinking of going crazy w horrors for my Tzeentch army (30 brimstones for 100p) since they're so easy to speed paint. Any suggestions on movement trays, would be great if they could be magnetised, and also w positioned cutouts so that second rank (yea, no more skirmish!) can attack in melee too w 1" reach.

7 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Anyone else kind of excited by the prospect of 40 Khorne marked marauders for 200?  Been thinking about this for a while, but the point drop has me excited.  Stick shields on them, and that's one heck of a tarpit.

FMB

Nope.

Neither painting a huge unit nor moving it on the battlefield are things I enjoy.

Frankly, I'm very skeptic about the direction AoS might take with the new GHB2017 but maybe the meta turns out differently than the hivemind is expecting.

(Khorne especially seems to be heading down a one-trick-pony path with several big units and way less mortals overall)

So the point increase for the battalions really makes it hard for me to fit the gorepilgrims in my 1k list. Most of the time we only play 1k games, sometimes 1.5k and maybe a 2k game in half a year^^.

So which lists do you see for khorne at 1k?

Here is my old list (even though it's not the most competitive )

Allegiance: Khorne

Heroes
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Crimson Plate
Slaughterpriest (100)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

Units
1 x Khorgoraths (100)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80)

Total: 970/1000

So the get gorepilgrims in with ghb 2 i have to kick the Khorgorath. Is it worth to sacrifice another 100 points at 1k games for a battalion?

Here is another list i want to try, but don't know if it will work.

Allegiance: Khorne

Heroes
Karanak (100)
- General
Daemon Prince Of Khorne (160)
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Daemon Prince Of Khorne (160)
- Artefact: Mark of the slayer

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Karanak General)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Battalions
Blood Hunt (30)

Total: 950/1000

Could potentially be really fast, with 2d6 move to the choosen character. The hounds dish out 20 attacks per unit, if they can attack with full strenght. Rend only comes from the Demonprinces, but they also can hit kinda hard. I also could kick both princes and two units of fleshhounds to fit in two insensate Thirsters.

Don't know if this list is possible with ghb 2, as i don't know the points for the blood hunt battalion.

How do you like the armylists?

Archived