Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

I played this list yesterday with three places of power.

Spoiler

Bloodsecrator (120)

Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer (80)

- General
- Command Trait : Berzerker Lord
- Artefact : The Blood-forged Armour

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer - Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)

- Artefact : Mark of the slayer

Units

10 x Blood Warriors (200)

-Goreaxes

-Goreaxe & Gorefist

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

-Meatripper Axes

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

-Meatripper Axes

5 x Wrathmongers (180)

20 x Bloodletters (200)

- Gore Drenched Icon

Battalions

Gore Pilgrims (80) 

The deathbringer has become an auto include for me in the last couple of games. With the bloody exemplar combo he's just a super cheap great buffer. Use him and bronzed flesh to buff up the blood warriors and they go from standard to elite. Having the skullmaster in range with mark of the slayer also helps. I killed whole units with just the gore glaive...

Before the game I was hesitant to include the Bloodletters because most of my buffs where aiming at mortal units but without them I probably wouldn't have won the game. I played against an Archaon list and the Bloodletters cut down a bit more than half his wounds. I was planning to put the wrathmongers in but he smartly stayed out if their range. So having two monster killers even in lower point games helps.

i think I'll try a slightly different list this week although I became a big fan of fielding 20 blood warriors.

Spoiler

- General
- Command Trait : Violent Urgency

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Bloodsecrator (120)

- Artefact : The Brazen Rune

Daemon Prince Of Khorne (160)

Units

-Goreaxe & Gorefist

5 x Wrathmongers (180)

20 x Bloodletters (200)

- Gore Drenched Icon

5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

10 x Chaos Marauders (60)

-Axes & Shields
- Mark of Chaos : Khorne

Battalions

Gore Pilgrims (80) Murderhost (20) 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget the second list... illegal in a couple of ways...

Second list would be more like this

- General
- Command Trait : Violent Urgency

Bloodsecrator (120)

- Artefact : The Brazen Rune

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing : Bronzed Flesh

Slaughterpriest (100)

- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer - Blood Blessing : Killing Frenzy

Blood Throne (120)

Units

-Goreaxe & Gorefist

10 x Bloodreavers (70)

-Reaver Blades

5 x Wrathmongers (180)

20 x Bloodletters (200)

- Gore Drenched Icon

5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80) Murderhost (20) 

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

@facelez Cool lists! I think you can have a lot of fun with it. What I really like is how well it's doable in terms of moddeling and finding the inspiration to continue on as it's a nice mix of models leading to some aswesome things. 

@Dirty_Old_Grand_PA seems like a powerful list to me, granted I too wouldn't like to bring, assemble or paint that many Bloodletters. 

At the same time I also wonder if Sayl actually adds anything at all the moment you bring 4 blocks of 30 Bloodletters with Murderhost anyway, as it seems to me that you would actually benifit in the long run for going Khorne army and exclude Sayl.

If you still want to have acces to a Turn 1 Bloodletter block Murderhost (maxed or non-maxed) + Lord of the Blood Hunt (Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster) should allow you to archieve compairable results.
So in my honest opinion, with your set up I'd rather be inclined to run full Khorne and switch Sayl for two Bloodstokers. 

Cheers,

So with everybody having given the book some good time and had a propper look at Command Traits and Artefacts and such, which combinations do you guys like the most on your Heroes?

I'm looking very much forward to some thoughts on this because at first sight I was very quick to judge the Artefacts but in hindsight do think that a lot of the Artefacts can have a great purpose, the utility items in my opinion become significantly important once we see that at least one of our Heroes is decked out to handle others in melee.
I saw that a few of us allready seem to prefer the use of some cheap characters and I like that thought patron aswell. @Aspirant Snaeper mentioned how well he liked the Aspiring Deathbringer because of the cost involved. At the same time I'm also looking very forward on what the general consencus now is on Bloodthirsters, to me they seem worth it provided you make them your general but there is a lot of synergy available for them to do so.
A while ago we commented on how there is a lack of clear mixed Battalions but fortunatly for us there are a lot of Battalions who still do allow for a mixed force being effective with that Battalion :) With Gore Pilgrims and Slaughterborn as being two prime examples.

In terms of Command Traits I think Arch-slaughterer can be fantastic with an MSU styled army, though this hasn't been my prority in listbuilding yet. I also like to test Unrivalled Battlelust but hope someone can convince me of taking it over something like Slaughterborn, Immense Power or even Violent Urgency. I also really like the idea of Berzeker Lord and am looking very forward to see when/if the Khorne Lord on Dragon comes out. As I feel Berzerker Lord can be amazing on 10+ wounded models... Man I wish we had it available for a Bloodthirster! :D 

Most Murderous Artefacts seem useful. I think Gorecleaver is just fantastic on the Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut for the simple reason that Mark of the Destroyer doesn't do a whole lot for this model and going deep on the quality is nice aswell. Adding Rend to the Aspiring Deathbringer and Skullgrinder also does not seem like a bad plan. I've also read upon some comments on The Crimson Plate, looking forward to how players like it.
The Banners of Khorne to me seem like a nice possible bonus but nothing too exiting. As I feel that if you want to equip your Bloodsecrator the Tropies of War offer much more interesting options. Mark of the Destroyer is just amazing on the Mighty Lord of Khorne, Talisman of Burning Blood to me is the 'key' Artefact to thake if you want to go for cheap characters that want to be upfront anyway (such as the AD, ED and Skullgrinder). In addition Blood-forged Armour would be my pick for Bloodsecrator protection and The Brazen Rune is the dispell scroll I think is fantastic if you include 2 Battalions and have acces to a third artefact. 

The Daemonic Waepons to me seem created for Bloodthirsters, each having a specific weapon available that makes them really good!
For example the BT of IR seems a fantastic candidate for Harvester of Skulls if you also give him the Slaughterborn Command Trait. Deathdealer on the other hand seems ideal for BT of UF and WoK BT while Behemoth's Bane is certainly amazing if your intent is to hunt down opposing Monsters anyway. I havn't found a great reason to run A'grath yet, same applies for Hellfire Blade and Khartoth. 
Lastly the Daemonic Adornments have completely regained my interest in Bloodletter Heroes, from Bloodtaker to Throne. Both Mark of the Slayer and The Crimson Crown are ideal to use for these guys who don't mind combat but arn't going to produce the same sort of offence as Bloodbound Heroes. Other than those I'm not a huge fan of the listed adornments, especially Armour of Scorn and Mark of the Bloodreaper seem oddly designed when compaired to The Blood-forged Armour or The Blade of Endless Bloodshed.
What I find odd about Armour of Scorn and Mark of the Bloodreaper is that they don't meet the Narrative at all either. If the Armour of Scorn would turn aside blows from lesser warriors I'd expect it to be high for single wound blows (for example) and Mark of the Bloodreaper could easily just have stated, one time per battle; gain 1 Blood Tithe point.

Looking forward to read more opinions!

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Killax said:

So with everybody having given the book some good time and had a propper look at Command Traits and Artefacts and such, which combinations do you guys like the most on your Heroes?

I'm looking very much forward to some thoughts on this because at first sight I was very quick to judge the Artefacts but in hindsight do think that a lot of the Artefacts can have a great purpose, the utility items in my opinion become significantly important once we see that at least one of our Heroes is decked out to handle others in melee.
I saw that a few of us allready seem to prefer the use of some cheap characters and I like that thought patron aswell. @Aspirant Snaeper mentioned how well he liked the Aspiring Deathbringer because of the cost involved. At the same time I'm also looking very forward on what the general consencus now is on Bloodthirsters, to me they seem worth it provided you make them your general but there is a lot of synergy available for them to do so.
A while ago we commented on how there is a lack of clear mixed Battalions but fortunatly for us there are a lot of Battalions who still do allow for a mixed force being effective with that Battalion :) With Gore Pilgrims and Slaughterborn as being two prime examples.

In terms of Command Traits I think Arch-slaughterer can be fantastic with an MSU styled army, though this hasn't been my prority in listbuilding yet. I also like to test Unrivalled Battlelust but hope someone can convince me of taking it over something like Slaughterborn, Immense Power or even Violent Urgency. I also really like the idea of Berzeker Lord and am looking very forward to see when/if the Khorne Lord on Dragon comes out. As I feel Berzerker Lord can be amazing on 10+ wounded models... Man I wish we had it available for a Bloodthirster! :D 

Most Murderous Artefacts seem useful. I think Gorecleaver is just fantastic on the Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut for the simple reason that Mark of the Destroyer doesn't do a whole lot for this model and going deep on the quality is nice aswell. Adding Rend to the Aspiring Deathbringer and Skullgrinder also does not seem like a bad plan. I've also read upon some comments on The Crimson Plate, looking forward to how players like it.
The Banners of Khorne to me seem like a nice possible bonus but nothing too exiting. As I feel that if you want to equip your Bloodsecrator the Tropies of War offer much more interesting options. Mark of the Destroyer is just amazing on the Mighty Lord of Khorne, Talisman of Burning Blood to me is the 'key' Artefact to thake if you want to go for cheap characters that want to be upfront anyway (such as the AD, ED and Skullgrinder). In addition Blood-forged Armour would be my pick for Bloodsecrator protection and The Brazen Rune is the dispell scroll I think is fantastic if you include 2 Battalions and have acces to a third artefact. 

The Daemonic Waepons to me seem created for Bloodthirsters, each having a specific weapon available that makes them really good!
For example the BT of IR seems a fantastic candidate for Harvester of Skulls if you also give him the Slaughterborn Command Trait. Deathdealer on the other hand seems ideal for BT of UF and WoK BT while Behemoth's Bane is certainly amazing if your intent is to hunt down opposing Monsters anyway. I havn't found a great reason to run A'grath yet, same applies for Hellfire Blade and Khartoth. 
Lastly the Daemonic Adornments have completely regained my interest in Bloodletter Heroes, from Bloodtaker to Throne. Both Mark of the Slayer and The Crimson Crown are ideal to use for these guys who don't mind combat but arn't going to produce the same sort of offence as Bloodbound Heroes. Other than those I'm not a huge fan of the listed adornments, especially Armour of Scorn and Mark of the Bloodreaper seem oddly designed when compaired to The Blood-forged Armour or The Blade of Endless Bloodshed.
What I find odd about Armour of Scorn and Mark of the Bloodreaper is that they don't meet the Narrative at all either. If the Armour of Scorn would turn aside blows from lesser warriors I'd expect it to be high for single wound blows (for example) and Mark of the Bloodreaper could easily just have stated, one time per battle; gain 1 Blood Tithe point.

Looking forward to read more opinions!

Cheers,

I really like stacking Immense power and deathdealer on the WoK BT, D3+2 damage really buffs him when he's doing 6+ attacks. I also ran my IR BT with A'grath, made sure he was stoked and made him a hero hunter. 2+/2+/-2/D6 with rerolling 1's to hit and wound is crazy, his damage output goes through the roof.

@Domlin sounds great! Yeah Im really happy with how our Artefacts make the Bloodthirster still relevant. If you'd compair one vanilla to a Lord of Change for example you can clearly see it having a Bloodthirster beat if that Bloodthirster does not have some Artefact to make up for his 'short commings' in terms of costs.

Obviously this could also be an oddity in LoC costing but that's a whole lot of magical and ranged bang you get for the same 300 points compaired to a BT. As a result I also don't think that running the 3 Bloodthirster Battalion is really worth it for a competative level, as they all are still really melee focused and while D3 wounds is good a certain 2 or 3 is still going to favour your output if multiple games need to be playe that day.

I guess that Bloodthirsters in the Age of Sigmar don't hit the gym like they used to :P 

A few words on the artifacts I've been enjoying with my Gore Pilgrims/Brass Stampede list.

Gorecleaver on the Lord on Juggernaut is absolutely amazing.  It's what I've been running on him and it's just turned him into a wrecking ball when combined with a brass stampede battalion.

Brazen Rune is just an all around great artifact to throw on any hero, but I feel best shines when protecting your Bloodsecrator vs magic armies.  I use it to keep strong spells in check.  I often find that my opponent won't want to even try casting their more powerful spells if I have this equipped because they know I will just destroy it and auto-unbind if they get lucky enough to cast the spell.

Banner of Wrath can be very very nasty if you play it right and depending on your force make up.   You'll want a Bloodstoker for this, ideally with the Talisman of Burning Blood. What your goal here is to ultimately run your Bloodsecrator up in the hero phase using the Blood Tithe Murderlust while he is Whipped to Fury.  Having Slaughterpriests with the Blood Sacrifice Prayer can help you secure pulling this maneuver a couple times during the game if need be.  How effective this tactic is going to be depends largely on your ability to screen your Bloodsecrator and protect him (as you normally would).  It's REALLY fun when it works though.  Additionally, if you ever find yourself on a table using special terrain like a Temple of Skulls or some of the Dreadhold pieces, you'll be doubling the range of this banner!  16" of d3 mortal wounds.  Owch!  I'll also note here that you can apply this same tactic to getting some bang out of the Banner of Rage.

Talisman of Burning Blood I mentioned above, but I'll say it again because I feel this is an easy artifact to overlook.  This is a great artifact to toss in the mix if you're running a Brass Stampede and you have a Bloodstoker as it will help your already insane charge distances be that much further.  As well it is going to help your foot troops be that much quicker.  Seeing a Brass Stampede rolling 20+ inch charges is a scary thing.  (Remember you still need to be within 12" of an enemy to attempt a charge though). Taking multiples of these artifacts on various heroes could stack up nicely to really get you moving.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
Exalted Deathbringer (80)
- Ruinous Axe & Skullgouger
Bloodstoker (80)
- Artefact: Talisman of Burning Blood 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- General
- Trait: Unrivalled Battelust 
- Artefact: Mark of the slayer 

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes

Units
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Goreslick Blades
- 1x Spinecleavers
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Battalions
Slaughterborn (80)
The Goretide (40)

Total: 2000/2000

Had a thought regarding Goretide and so I made a concept list for everyone to look at. This is certainly something I'd consider running if I were doing a competitive tournament and would probably even play it casually if I was feeling up for a win. 

There are a lot of things to like about the new book that I can't be bothered to type them all up. Needless to say, I'm usually in agreement with whatever you guys here like. 

7 hours ago, Killax said:

@Domlin sounds great! Yeah Im really happy with how our Artefacts make the Bloodthirster still relevant. If you'd compair one vanilla to a Lord of Change for example you can clearly see it having a Bloodthirster beat if that Bloodthirster does not have some Artefact to make up for his 'short commings' in terms of costs.

Obviously this could also be an oddity in LoC costing but that's a whole lot of magical and ranged bang you get for the same 300 points compaired to a BT. As a result I also don't think that running the 3 Bloodthirster Battalion is really worth it for a competative level, as they all are still really melee focused and while D3 wounds is good a certain 2 or 3 is still going to favour your output if multiple games need to be playe that day.

I guess that Bloodthirsters in the Age of Sigmar don't hit the gym like they used to :P 

They are still strong, just not AS strong in the current Meta we are in. I agree that the council of blood formation is not very competitive. I took it to a tournament and found it lacking, They DO hit hard, but they are never alive afterwards to follow up and win the game for you...and since they're half your list.. yeah. I found the best use for them is a one off either supplementing a bloodletter block (WoK specifically) or IR as a hero killing/distraction/psychological effect machine.

I disagree that a bloodthirster would auto lose to a lord of change in a 1:1 battle. I'm assuming you're factoring in spellcasting to the fight, and perhaps the LoC has the advantage, but I think the the thirsters would hold their own.

@Jharen great write up, still have to give Talisman of Burning Blood a go, multiples also might come in handy, provided I think I can afford to skip out on some of the melee poweress. Going the next step with Violent Urgency can also be very interesting I believe. 

Overall speaking I also still really like The Goretide set ups, personally my choice goes to running it with a ton of large units, I also want to give it a try with applying 1 block of 30-40 Bloodreavers in there to really crank up the body count.

5 hours ago, Domlin said:

They are still strong, just not AS strong in the current Meta we are in. I agree that the council of blood formation is not very competitive. I took it to a tournament and found it lacking, They DO hit hard, but they are never alive afterwards to follow up and win the game for you...and since they're half your list.. yeah. I found the best use for them is a one off either supplementing a bloodletter block (WoK specifically) or IR as a hero killing/distraction/psychological effect machine.

I disagree that a bloodthirster would auto lose to a lord of change in a 1:1 battle. I'm assuming you're factoring in spellcasting to the fight, and perhaps the LoC has the advantage, but I think the the thirsters would hold their own.

I'm going to be honest and say due to how D3 damage works out, most monsters of 300+ points come with 2 or 3 damage standard and the Bloodthirster still deals D3 damage is what makes him unreliable. The D3 will usually convert to a 2, though most certainly not always.
Now with Immense Power or Deathdealer we can go up in damage but thinking that a LoC cannot have equally strong Command Traits or Artefacts is a mistake.

I certainly am factoring spellcasting aswell. I mean how can I not do this? It's one of the most potent Spellcasters in the game :)  The thing for me is that at 280,300 or 360 points the Bloodthirster's damage output remains dicey, too dicey if you can't give him Immense Power or Deathdealer.
By example the Lord of Change does not only wreck face in the Magic part but also shoots very well, orhits (often) with Staff and Beak with a certain 2 damage track will/can add Rend to that and in general do enough damage on a Bloodthirster that the Bloodthirster can't finish things off in melee. Skarbrand can, but is also 100 points more expensive as a LoC.

All in all Bloodthirsters are cool, can certainly do some damage but just arn't top notch for their costs. I initially too thought so but by comparison D3 damage is just a very shaky proposition when others have an automatic 2 or 3 damage track. That 2 or 3 will never change into a 1, it will for the Bloodthirster.

I know this has been discussed several times... but... what's your take on stacking the ability of the bloodsecrator?

In our group (and some discussions in other forums) we came to the conclusion that it doesn't stack anymore. Reason behind that is that it says "a unit affected by rage of khorne gets +1 attack". Meaning even if the unit is affected twice it still only gets +1...

Now in the latest masterpiece miniatures battle report they played it differently and that led to a big discussion in the comment section. Someone brought up that it says in official FAQ that abilities do stack unless SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE.

@facelez The latter is the exact case. As abilities stack unless specifically otherwise noted. Good indications of non-stacking abilities contain the wording, one, once, only, one more etc. I know that there are several topics floating around regarding the same question. I also know that in the official question section on TGA  has the non-stacking variant voted up and marked as awnser... So I will not be getting to deep into that or how I see a subjective 'hate' against Khorne (possibly due how GW promotes them so much as the main enemy?). 

The Rage of Khorne now simply says:

This ability affects all KHORNE units in your army within 18" of this model at the start of the combat phase. When they attack, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all melee weapons used by units affected by the Rage of Khorne. In addition,-

The ability does not denote that any model can only be under the influence of Rage of Khorne once. All the ability mentions is that units affected by the Rage of Khorne get that add 1 bonus. All other add 1 bonusses stack, so I don't really know why players would draw the conclusion that this is a type of one, once, only, one more ability.

There are a lot of these restricted abilities found in Blades of Khorne aswell, found on Icons, Wrathmongers and single attack charges such as generated by Slaughterborn. In addition the same add 1 bonuses are found on several Command Traits and are not resolved as single "restricted" abilities.

So my only conclusion remains that a lot of non-Khorne players like to have a opinion on it and do not like the idea of Rage of Khorne stacking... Which in a world of Cunning Rukk's, Skyfires and Sayls frankly speaking is the silliest thing I see some parts of the AoS community come up with.
There are House-rules, such as the SCGT House-rules, where same name abilities never stack. In that scenario same name abilities never stack ;) 

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, facelez said:

I know this has been discussed several times... but... what's your take on stacking the ability of the bloodsecrator?

In our group (and some discussions in other forums) we came to the conclusion that it doesn't stack anymore. Reason behind that is that it says "a unit affected by rage of khorne gets +1 attack". Meaning even if the unit is affected twice it still only gets +1...

Now in the latest masterpiece miniatures battle report they played it differently and that led to a big discussion in the comment section. Someone brought up that it says in official FAQ that abilities do stack unless SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE.

waiting on faq. flip a coin to see how its played currently. 

sorry but i'm in the camp of it doesn't stack and its clear (to me) in the wording.

A model is affected by rage of khorne. This is Boolean - they either are or they are not. If they are affected then they gain a +1 attack. If they are in range of 7 bloodsecrators then they are still affected by rage of khorne and thus get +1 attack

6 minutes ago, Adasi said:

sorry but i'm in the camp of it doesn't stack and its clear (to me) in the wording.

A model is affected by rage of khorne. This is Boolean - they either are or they are not. If they are affected then they gain a +1 attack. If they are in range of 7 bloodsecrators then they are still affected by rage of khorne and thus get +1 attack

wait till FAQ.  Lets leave it parked till then. 

1 hour ago, Adasi said:

they either are or they are not. If they are affected then they gain a +1 attack. 

The issue with the quoted statement is that it isn't stated that you can only be under the influence of Rage of Khorne once. So far no ability in the game states as such. What is stated per ability is that we have stacking and non-stacking abilities.

If you look at the Crimson Haze for example you see that while you can be under the effect of 101 Crimson Hazes the effect is still one more attack. If it would state add 1, like Rage of Khorne and Slaughter Incarnate do for example you'd simply stack it as the mayority of add 1/substract 1 abilities do.

I too will leave it parked until further notice. :) 

The issue I have is that some players seem to read things that arn't there. We usually shouldn't do that when we are reading rules. If Rage of Khorne would have stated you can only be under the influence once, or apply this ability once then it would be that. 

I too can act as if Skyfires arn't costed 160 because I refuse to read that, but that doesn't stop them from being that cost.
"That 6 in 160 clearly should be upside down, a 9 is Tzeentch favourite number afterall" ;) 

I’ll actually try a Goretide List in a 1500 pts tournament. There will be a big variety of players (some top players with cheesy list, some good/average list, and « im here for fun and being tabled » list). I don’t have high expection, except not being in the bottom.

The list :

Mighty lord of khorne (general, berzerker lord, brazen rune)

Exalted deathbringer (gorecleaver)

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstocker (iron blood talisman)

10 bloodwarriors

10 bloodwarriors

5 bloodwarriors

5 skullreapers

5 skullreapers

5 wrathmongers

-          Slaughterborn

-          Goretide

59 minutes ago, ledha said:

I’ll actually try a Goretide List in a 1500 pts tournament. There will be a big variety of players (some top players with cheesy list, some good/average list, and « im here for fun and being tabled » list). I don’t have high expection, except not being in the bottom.

The list :

Mighty lord of khorne (general, berzerker lord, brazen rune)

Exalted deathbringer (gorecleaver)

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstocker (iron blood talisman)

10 bloodwarriors

10 bloodwarriors

5 bloodwarriors

5 skullreapers

5 skullreapers

5 wrathmongers

-          Slaughterborn

-          Goretide

I like the list! Though also think it's a bit difficult to cram in two Battalions in there at 1.5K. They arn't lost points but pretty much all books seem balanced around that 2K point. In that same vein some Battle Traits are just 'better' on .5K, 1K or 1.5K.

Nontheless I think you'll do good enough, you have most of the stuff in there though I'd personally go a little heavier on the offense. 

Good luck in the event!

3 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Anyone actually tired the brass stampede yet ? 

I'm bound to painting all my models before I'm allowed to buy more so I can't lol 

xD Dont own 21 Juggernauts yet! It's really a later project for me as the Murderhost set up generally is easier and still quite fun to do hobby-wise and play-wise.

Murderhost is basically the ideal meal for me, you can sprinkly more hot-sauce on it (Gore Pilgrims + WoK BT) but if you don't want to you can at least be certain that turn 2 the Bloodletter blocks will be where they need to.

Still working on those Wrathmongers and Blood Warriors so it will all thake a little while too! Though I hope the result will be liked by other Khorne players too as it's a bit of a different thake on a Blades of Khorne army as I've seen so far online :) (in terms of painting scheme and basing). 

@ArkihamI've been running a Brass Stampede / Gore Pilgrims list since the book dropped.  Even though I'm not running the maxed out battalion of the Brass Stampede (yet) I can attest to its massive power.  Just running a 6x unit and two 3x units with a Lord on Jugger has proven extremely nasty.  The larger 6x unit and the Lord receive most the prayers from my Slaughterpriest and I usually whip the unit with a Bloodstoker.  The mortal wound output when getting all the positioning right on your units charges can absolutely destroy your opponent.  Running a maxed stampede I can only imagine the mortal wound output per hero phase would just cause complete havoc on the enemy ranks.  The major shortcoming of a maxed stampede that I foresee is going to be getting reliable heroes on the table for capping objectives in some scenarios.  I like to try the oddball things out though so I'm tempted to go with...

Lord on Juggernaut

Lord on Juggernaut

Valkia the Bloody

Bloodstoker

6x Skullcrushers

6x Skullcrushers

3x Skullcrushers

3x Skullcrushers

3x Skullcrushers

3x Skullcrushers

3x Skullcrushers

Brass Stampede

2000/2000

Battleshock isn't going to be a huge issue in this list and attack count is a huge deal either with the mortal wound output so honestly I think it can lack a Bloodsecrator and be okay.  Lord on Juggernauts are pretty beefy heroes so having 2 of them should give you more heroes to sit on objectives if need be.  The Bloodstoker isn't much of a threat in combat so a lot of people tend to not want to waste time attacking him and he will help you move further when needed.  Valkia is fast and thus good for moving in on objectives if needed or otherwise flying over your Brass Stampede if whipped to fury to snipe out some enemy heroes.  Not sure it'd be winning any tournaments but I feel it'll be fun to run.

The list in working towards is max stampede and pilgrims, I've 80/90 points floating around and unsure stoker or 10 more bloodreavers is better.

There's no room for units if 6 unfortunately but the 30" bloodsecrator is too good to pass up. 7 attacks per skull crusher. 21 on the table,  with mortal wounds on top..

Violent Urgency also seems like a really cool plan for that @Jharen. If you then load up on Talisman of Burning Blood I think you could even manage without a Bloodstoker and run 2 Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut instead. Overall though it's all up to how you visually like the army.

If possible I try to exclude the Bloodstoker due to me simply said not liking the model all to much. Though for Bloodreaver units I certainly will make an exception because those need the belt :P 

If running Gore Pilgrims + Brass Stampede then yeah I'd certain try for 2 Talisman of the Burning Blood.  Gorecleaver on the Juggerlord is of course far too good to pass up though so that's gotta be in there.

Bloodstokers are super useful.  I used to find little use for him but now I've used mine to win at the last moment so many times just by whipping himself or a Slaughterpriest to run a long distance to win an objective that he's difficult to pass up. A lot of opponents will just overlook that possibility thinking you're going to be using him only to close combat gaps.

Archived