Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Btw, that discussion about khorne bloodbound battalions.

It's not always for matched play only.

Nice will add it to the list! Though for Narrative play I'm almost always perfectly okay with any use of Battalion, even cross factions if your capable to represent something similar and it is logical enough for the Campaign. 

11 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Btw, that discussion about khorne bloodbound battalions.

It's not always for matched play only.

Screenshot_20170419-194839.png

I'd just like to say that this is a beautiful battalion and the exact kind of thing I had hoped we'd see in Blades of Khorne. I have about 2/3rds of the models for it... 

3 minutes ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

I'd just like to say that this is a beautiful battalion and the exact kind of thing I had hoped we'd see in Blades of Khorne. I have about 2/3rds of the models for it... 

I completely agree that some reference to more Mortal unit usage would have been epic. Dare I even say fantastic.

My gut feeling still has me on the same page however and that is that GW avoids including all the Mortal units with possible Khorne mark because I think that eventually they will get integraded into Everchosen (of Darkness) and basically become the 'Chaos Undivided' sub-faction for the Chaos Grand Allegiance. 

Build Skullreapers. They're a better unit all around for 40 pts less. with a 3a3h3w and always re-roll hits of 1! If you like the look of Wrathmongers do what I do, Take there helmet and put them on the reapers. Looks great and functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know Wrathmongers are an excellent unit. With the new Blood Blessings their durability can be improved which is their only issue game wise. Model wise however they are a nightmare those flails are swines for breaking in transit. I cut them all off a turned them into Skulreapers because they're so annoying even with their advantages.

Wrathmongers are an excellent unit. With the new Blood Blessings their durability can be improved which is their only issue game wise. Model wise however they are a nightmare those flails are swines for breaking in transit. I cut them all off a turned them into Skulreapers because they're so annoying even with their advantages.

1 hour ago, Killax said:

Skullreapers are a great choice! Though Monsters hate Wrathmongers ;) I like the bunny helmets too!

monsters don't like skullreaper too. You can dish a ridiculous number of mortal wounds with few to hit buff.  I actually saw my unit of 5 skullreapers roflstomp a lord of change and a ironjaw megaboss in 2 combat phase. In the department "too god for the point cost" they are on skyfire/kurnoth hunter level

2 minutes ago, ledha said:

monsters don't like skullreaper too. You can dish a ridiculous number of mortal wounds with few to hit buff.  I actually saw my unit of 5 skullreapers roflstomp a lord of change and a ironjaw megaboss in 2 combat phase.

I just enjoy the thought of Monsters punching themselves :P Archy so MAD!

Since i got the chaos part of the aos starter kit, i have wanted to add khorne daemons and once they came out.. Bloodthirsters and skarbrand!!

My question is which khorne mortal units work well alongside them and what are aome must have daemons? 

Ideally i get a good mix between bloodbound and daemons with blood warriors, bloodletters, bloodcrushers, bloodthirsters, a skull cannon or 2, slaughterpriest and an aspiring champion.

Would that work? What to add? Is a bloodtthrone worth it? What about korgoraths and slaughterbrutes? 

@Knight of Ruin would you believe me if I'd say you that every choice is most certainly worth it? Leading to me being extremely happy with this book and this army as an allround Khorne fan.
Since the Artefacts and Command Traits all Bloodthirsters have become relevant, you could even argue that for their points they can currently compete for high competative lists with Skardbrand.

We have a ton of synergy within the faction, a lot of choices simply work with Khorne units, this includes Mortals, Daemons and Bloodbound :D So again go with what you like the most in terms of looks.
If you want to go for a good mix your list will grand it to you. Slaughterpriest and Aspiring Deathbringers have become excellent supportive Heroes while the Bloodthirsters, named characters and Lords of Khorne are fantastic choices for the hardcore melee chopping.

Practically anything can work, add what you like, the Bloodthrone in general is one of the less popular choices, but don't let that stop you. Magnetizing those Skull Cannons will allow you to run either. Khorgoraths are more than excellent. Slaughterbrutes of Khorne are nice but for competative approaches I'd pick 2 Khorgoraths over 1 Slaughterbrute. 

Having fun is what it's all about!

31 minutes ago, Evilmonstar said:

Has anyone tried just spamming Khorgoraths yet? I've been building lists with between 6 and 10 of them and they all look just crazy fun. I haven't really had a chance to try it in a real game yet though.

Anyone else given this a go?

If you got them, go for it! From my perspective our massed infantry units are generally a better choice due to how well we can amp up the attacks, speed and other culumative bonuses for them. 

I only have two Khorgorath so cannot speak for what they might do with something like Skaarac. What I do know is that most of our synergy doesn't focus on Monster untis we own. 

One of the biggest advantages MSU + Khorgorath do bring is Crimson Rain (4 B T points) making them a true tarpit. 

Is this a legal 2000 point matched play army?  I am confused by the Goretide saying it MAY contain 3-7 of certain warscroll battalions...  when any additional units or warscroll battalion can be taken...

2000 points Goretide 

The Goretide must contain the following:
-The Goretide  
Mighty Lord of Khorne 

-Slaughterborn Battalion  
Exalted Deathbringer  
10 Blood Warriors 
5 Skullreapers  
5 Skullreapers

The Goretide may also contain the following:

0-1 Gorechosen Battalion - NONE

3-7 warscroll battalions chosen in any combination from the following  <snip> - NONE

Any number of additional KHORNE BLOODBOUND units or warscroll battalions.  2 warscroll battalions:

-Gore Pilgrims   
3 Slaughterpriests  
Bloodsecrator   
10 Blood Warriors 
10 Bloodreavers 

-Brass Stampede  
3 Mighty Skullcrushers   
3 Mighty Skullcrushers   
3 Mighty Skullcrushers   

Total Points:  1970 

Yeah sure looks It. 

4 hours ago, Evilmonstar said:

Has anyone tried just spamming Khorgoraths yet? I've been building lists with between 6 and 10 of them and they all look just crazy fun. I haven't really had a chance to try it in a real game yet though.

Anyone else given this a go?

If there was multiple poses I'd do it. I've got 4.. even then it looks bad I feel

47 minutes ago, Centurio said:

Is this a legal Goretide list?

No. First, in order to take the Goretide, you *need* to have three units of Blood Warriors in the Slaughterborn battalion, so you need at least 15 broken up into units of 5. 

Next, as for the "Any Additional Khorne Bloodbound Battalions" part, I believe refers to any Battalions *not* listed there, or if you already have the maximum 7 Battalions listed by name, you can go over that with additional Battalions (Ex: Hey, if you wanna run 10 Gore Pilgrims, go right ahead!).

Archived