Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

5 minutes ago, Killax said:

Yep, we'll have to see how much the book mentions on that! If Skarbrand, Karanak and Skulltaker are excluded in the above now.

I like the Deathdealer to, as mentioned, not my favourite (yet). 

if mortal manage to gain +1 damage then the exalted deathbringer will be so brutal 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

if mortal manage to gain +1 damage then the exalted deathbringer will be so brutal 

Certainly! So far I think Bloodthirsters get the most out of the above 4, with the ones I dig the most being the additional attack and Behemoth hunting. 

5 hours ago, Lou_Cypher said:

Wrath of Khorne would be interesting with Behemoths Bane. He already rerolls to hit so in this case, he'll reroll hits, wounds and damage.

Exactly, plus pretty much every multiwound will hit home hard. 

But as before, if you allready have a dedicated Behemoth hunter importance of the gift can certainly vary :)

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Have we found our mournguls counter?

Not really, if we get there first Id say we have a good chance with Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster and Behemoth hunting gift but even then it isnt a given since I believe Death can make the Mourngul even harder to kill by amping it's save?

Reroll to hit, to wound and D3 damage certainly helps but its immunity to Rend remains silly.

Then we have Skarbrand, IF Carnage hits you have a chance but that 5+ is rough to hit. Though he is slower and not flying either.

it would seem that the only way we really have is to bog it down with high wound stuff as if i'm correct, its regen kicks in when models have been destroyed, I know it's all theory really.

I'm just waiting for the day when smug-ghul player gets a magic strike form the mighty Lord's reality rending axe!

Dark elf executioner and witch horde player has now landed his ethereal undead army with two of them into the local group- i could unleash the chaos dwarfs, but I'd like to prove out that he can be beaten with a solid khorne army without the cookie cutter cheese (sayl and letter bomb et all)

Hehe, well there are many options if you think about it the synergy odds arn't too bad for the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster. The one true thing that makes the largest difference is indeed if the Mournghul reaches the Khorne side without any damage or some damage. I think that the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster with Behemoth's Bane can do the trick provided a Bloodsecrator is there for example (amonst other options). All in all it's possible but not easy :)

I also think that the Mournghul will eventually change in either cost or save but obviously after Death has it's own book. This is also why I can't be really upset about it for them. Khorne gets a lot of love which is awesome but I do feel that Death is allowed to have it's own super scary monster for now!

Oh I totally agree, 

my view is very much a "how do I defeat this with my faction" rather than tailoring to beat a mourngul just because everyone has to make a cool roll at -5 or suffer nerd rage.

im still trying to get forgeworld to get the mammoth and skin wolves marked again!

Fantastic choices! I love how the Gifts make our Bloodthirsters that much more relevant again. 

As you said Deathdealer is allround amazing. If you have a specific target to kill both King of Blades and Bane usually do the trick.

Wrath of Khorne with Bane should make Mournghuls sweat on 2K as there is more added synergy to be found. In general if the Behemoth has a regular save it's headless. I guess the issue is that not all fall down without head :P or lower torso ;)

Mournguls really aren't overpowered. They don't have any pew pew, they aren't fast - all they do is tank well and debuff. The damage output is good, but very hard to buff (unlike plenty of other monsters). They cannot be your general under SCGT Pack and cannot be customised with Artefacts or Traits.

Chaff them up or if they do get into combat - push the retreat button. Take out the wizard casting Mystic Shield if you are forced to kill them as opposed to retreating.

Mournguls really aren't overpowered. They don't have any pew pew, they aren't fast - all they do is tank well and debuff. The damage output is good, but very hard to buff (unlike plenty of other monsters). They cannot be your general under SCGT Pack and cannot be customised with Artefacts or Traits.

Chaff them up or if they do get into combat - push the retreat button. Take out the wizard casting Mystic Shield if you are forced to kill them as opposed to retreating.

Being able to turn the mystic shield off when blood tithe is at 2 is very handy for keeping that save away from being too ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Nico said:

See, this is what I like.  I can see why people get hot under the collar when they see one, but as you say they're not beyond defeat.

I can see avoidance and large multi wound creatures really wearing them down.  Also they're 400 points a pop so two of them eats a massive chunk out of an army. 

22 minutes ago, Urbanus said:

Great news everybody! With just ONE point from the blood tithe we can activate another deathbringer giving us yet another way to gain extra attacks >:D 6 attacks bloodreavers here I come...

sorry to be thick but how do we get the d6?

Don't forget you cannot stack those kinds of abilities with themselves at SCGT.

I beat one Mourngul at Blood & Glory by tanking it with Gordrakk then retreating him away, while my army went around it! My army had Bravery 4, but was no where near it.

What is the Khorne fluff like now? Are they all still frothing at the mouth maniacs or are there some with brains who are able to restrain the rage in there?
Whilst I love the whole martial pride thing I've always been put off Khorne because the consumate warrior is too enraged to do anything but charge in blindly, and as I hear lately, then indulge in a feast of man flesh (even more off putting to me as they were never cannibals originally and I think going back to the 90's they weren't so stupid back in the day just awesome cc fighters). 
If we had an intelligent version I'd be much more interested! [emoji3]

The Bloodreavers are the cannibal nut cases, Skullreapers are harder Bloodereavers. Wrathmongers are a bit on the crazed side. The background (including the novels) tends to play the rest of the Khorne forces as a bit more balanced sure they get carried away when fighting but we've had much more calculating Lords, Deathbringers and Blood Warriors. Call of Archaon has a number of much more interesting Khorne characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

The Bloodreavers are the cannibal nut cases, Skullreapers are harder Bloodereavers. Wrathmongers are a bit on the crazed side. The background (including the novels) tends to play the rest of the Khorne forces as a bit more balanced sure they get carried away when fighting but we've had much more calculating Lords, Deathbringers and Blood Warriors. Call of Archaon has a number of much more interesting Khorne characters.

Ah man, don't say that man :(

CHOSEN.jpg 

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

sorry to be thick but how do we get the d6?

Probably something like this: 

1 ( base) + 1 (reaver ability) + 1 (Aspiring Deathbringer, your general) + 1 (another Deathbringer, active command ability thanks to blood tithe) + 2 (from two Bloodsecrators) = 6

Probably something like this: 
1 ( base) + 1 (reaver ability) + 1 (Aspiring Deathbringer, your general) + 1 (another Deathbringer, active command ability thanks to blood tithe) + 2 (from two Bloodsecrators) = 6

Strangely enough one can get to 5 attacks with +1 to wound using the extra command ability without any stacking.

1 base
1 reavers near a totem
1 bloodsecrator
1 wrathmongers aura
1 Aspiring death bringer

And lord of Khorne on juggernaught for +1 to wound if you charged.

I'm probably going to speak heresy here, but I'm not keen on the wrathmongers aura.  The armoured farmer boys don't target a nearby unit within 3 inches, only nearby models, which for me is all a bit too wishy washy given their cost, and that every opponent apart from the greenest of players will home in on them straight away.

In other news, I see on the GW website that Blades of Khorne is now the new name for the faction :)

Wrathmongers thake some thought but are very rewarding when applied on the right place, though this is most certainly a skill tester for both players. I like them but as a single unit, not really feeling like using them as Skullreapers, who do their job beter.

What makes them quite practicle aswell is that it allows you to have an responce against units being charged in front of them, such as Bloodreavers :)

Thanks for the info on the current fluff on Khorne fellas. 

I've always liked the miniatures and when I used to field a fantasy chaos army (briefly) I used to like to think of them as the baresarks of the norsca tribes. So still intelligent and capable of wily plans and tactics just ferocious in combat and like those of yore, mad fighters whom the bite of steel would not slow. 

Archived