Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

reproduced from War of Sigmar:

-Lot of illustration 
-Bunch of fluff and story 
-Regroup Bloodbound, mortal and Daemons army. 
-Blood tithe system for Khorne only army ! (you get point by killing or be killed and you can use them for extra punch/threat range/heal/reinforcement). 
-Extra Prayer for Khorne Priest. 
-Bunch of Warscroll battalion for Mortal and Daemon 
- 4 new type of chapter like battalion (see the image down there) 
-There is a 3-8 Bloodthirster only Formation ^^ (Council of blood, my new life goal !) 
-Daemonic gifts (weapon and adornments) 
-Extra banner option for "Totem" 
-Artefacts of power for mortal, Trophies for Bloodbound. 
-18 command traits (6 for Bloodbound, 6 mortal, 6 daemon). 
-Bloodreaver got a save now 6+ but cost 1 more point. 
-Heavy metal section.

What i miss/dislike : 

- A Beastmen of Khorne section :'( 
- Old mortal Warscroll (but it's on the App anyway) 
- The big battalion are a bit too big to use them. The Stormcast Chamber battalion were more reasonable 

Conclusion : 

The book is very fun to read with loads of great idea ! My khorne motivation is at 100% now !! 
It's not a quick money grab and it's very nice they took their time to update Stormcast and Khorne battletome. 
If you are a khorne player it's a solid buy.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized how amazing murderlust is.

I can charge in my opponents hero phase!

Take that shooting armies!

Extra amazing if you managed to clear off an enemy unit standing between you and a juicy hero now you can capitalize on that even if you can't get a double turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, TrexPushups said:

I just realized how amazing murderlust is.

I can charge in my opponents hero phase!

Take that shooting armies!

Thats only worthwhile if you do a thing on the charge, or when you're unit do something when they die.

Movement might be a better thing tbh. At first thought 

Thats only worthwhile if you do a thing on the charge, or when you're unit do something when they die.
Movement might be a better thing tbh. At first thought 

Movement seems best in every circumstance except when it is their hero phase.

This lets you follow up a charge from last turn or tie up a unit that they want to charge with.

It is delicious.

Tithe 5: #tripleturned or #grotunblocked

Can prayers stack? +1 to hit on bloodletter/skull reapers could be interesting

Murderlust with some whipping could get you moving crazy distances

There's going to be a lot more disposable 10 sized units of reavers knocking about

Tithe 5: #tripleturned or #grotunblocked
Can prayers stack? +1 to hit on bloodletter/skull reapers could be interesting
Murderlust with some whipping could get you moving crazy distances
There's going to be a lot more disposable 10 sized units of reavers knocking about

SCGT have banned all abilities with the same name from stacking. Which could be a precursor to GHBv2.

However, everything else goes

Liking what we're seeing so far, the BT rules are mostly good pretty situational but that's okay. Meteor seems a little underwhelming for the amount of BT required, but I like the rest.

Without seeing the actual scroll, looks like the Slaughterpriest lost the d6 sniping and Lash abilities, but we gained quite a bit of utility so I'm happy to have two of them to try out.

Huge fan of the old Chaos art, some of this is reminiscent of that and it comes with tokens and the warscrolls I was hoping it did! (Hopefully not as fineprint as the Stormcasts were, but I don't care).

Really pumped for this book, sucks I'm leaving the country the day before it's released but the good news is that I've preordered and it will be waiting for me a two weeks later.  :)

Liking what we're seeing so far, the BT rules are mostly good pretty situational but that's okay. Meteor seems a little underwhelming for the amount of BT required, but I like the rest.
Without seeing the actual scroll, looks like the Slaughterpriest lost the d6 sniping and Lash abilities, but we gained quite a bit of utility so I'm happy to have two of them to try out.
Huge fan of the old Chaos art, some of this is reminiscent of that and it comes with tokens and the warscrolls I was hoping it did! (Hopefully not as fineprint as the Stormcasts were, but I don't care).
Really pumped for this book, sucks I'm leaving the country the day before it's released but the good news is that I've preordered and it will be waiting for me a two weeks later.  [emoji4]

Slaughterpriest probably kept all of his abilities.

The new prayers are in addition to existing stuff

From what we've seen so far I really like the small bonusses added.

Don't know if the Bloodreaver change was the right call, as it really just steers you more away from them as needed and as I believe GW intended... However if there are more bonusses for them to be found than the minor cost increase is no issue.

So far I'm looking really forward to see the complete book in all it's glory :)

9 hours ago, Arkiham said:

I'm really curious to know what this totem thing is.

If it's the ability to allow us to pick a totem ability the warshrine is awesome as it's a priest totem

brilliant, so the shrine gets to keep all its existing stuff and on top of that, picks a blessing from the choices offered.

so keeping a handful of marauders near the shrine and they can be sacrificed to feed the tithe.

right, so just checked the GW site and the Khorne Bloodbound faction is no longer showing under grand alliance chaos.

However, I typed in Khorne in the search box and I got this:

Slaughterpriest Host

This bundle is a great way to bolster a chaotic Bloodbound army, and gets you a Slaughterpriest and four sets of Bloodreavers - in total, eighty-one miniatures, huge numbers of weapons, all sorts of awesome customisation!

Red Headsman

This bundle gives you everything you need to build the Red Headsmen Warscroll Battalion, as found in Battletome Khorne Bloodbound.

One Aspiring Deathbringer, one Skullgrinder and three units of Blood Warriors - thirty-two angry miniatures!

I'm massively hyped about the potential of the Warshrine.

This is why.

It's twice the cost of the normal slaughterpriest, but for that you gain +1 to it's save, and a 6+ ward, this 6+ ward is a 18" bubble, it moves faster than normal priests and hits harder, on a 3+ it grants a unit rerolls to hit, it doesnt count as either a hero or monster, yet acts like both.

It's a big model, & provides a strong aoe affect, therefore draws ere from the enemy, it triggers the bloodreavers and can walk up with them and fight unlike the bloodsecrator who often ends up out of their range.

It now gains a free prayer, and hopefully a totem affect to pick from & is surprising in combat.

The downsides. 

One model not two, so 2 prayers not 4. That's not too much the, one also allows unlimited unbinds, which doesnt always pay off to take that's about it.

unless you get your priests into combat they can struggle to get a prayer off.

I feel the models abilities outweigh this loss, boosting the bloodreaers and giving them and additional save. As well as any other 

A little help:
When I decided to start building an AoS army, I settled on Khorne Chaos and started with some older WHFB stuff I had around begining with a box of Chaos Warriors. I put the project on hold with the talk of a new Khorne book. Did I paint up a unit that I won't be able to use with the new book?

39 minutes ago, Callimaco said:

A little help:
When I decided to start building an AoS army, I settled on Khorne Chaos and started with some older WHFB stuff I had around begining with a box of Chaos Warriors. I put the project on hold with the talk of a new Khorne book. Did I paint up a unit that I won't be able to use with the new book?

Yes you can use it, as the tzeentch book. My tzeentch army is fullmortal/arcanite :)

Archived