Wanderers.......

Dracothjay

I think it will be harder without Compendium/legacy units. I think you will be forced to play the scenario with them more often than not which makes sense from a fluff perspective. But I think if you play to their strengths you can have success.

I'd look to a few different Compendium units to round them out, like the Shadow Dancer (amazing spell) and Glade Riders for manuverability.

This is all theoryhammer for me though, haven't played a Wanderers list myself yet.

2 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Well, I'm buying a forge world dragon and gonna have a converted wild rider/glade lord combo on it and use it as a forest dragon. That's number 1 to do.

Oooo let me know how tha turns out.

Ive bought the head of a forest drake and im planning to do a pretty dramatic conversion using other dragon parts to give my dragon the stage presence i feel it deserves.

7 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Well, I'm buying a forge world dragon and gonna have a converted wild rider/glade lord combo on it and use it as a forest dragon. That's number 1 to do.

Consider having options to switch riders to the sisters.. they are good.

I played (and won) against a Wanderers army yesterday. My opponent was using the Waystone Pathfinder battalion supported by a Forest dragon from the compendium. It seemed to play pretty well and it was a close game. I do feel that the Aelves are a little bit overcosted across the board. Im sure you can make a strong list that will win some games, but I don't think you will be the top dog at tournaments with Wanderers.

• 7 months later...
On 22/12/2016 at 9:20 PM, Dracothjay said:

Do you the no wanderers have a enough synergy/effectiveness to be a stand alone army? As in be able to hold its own without other sub faction help?

im starting a wanderers army, but as wanderers (recent) has a small selection they don't look overly powerful.

They do now! 

Archived