Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

900 is a lot but thats what ive always wanted to do. A Tzaangor heavy list. What else would you include for 2k?

120 wounds is also a lot!

Probably a Lord of Change, maybe 2x3 or 1x6 skyfires, 1x10 pink horrors, and a Shaman plus some horror summoning (if any room left!)

1 hour ago, Rhellion said:

120 wounds is also a lot!

Probably a Lord of Change, maybe 2x3 or 1x6 skyfires, 1x10 pink horrors, and a Shaman plus some horror summoning (if any room left!)

Sounds about right...I wonder how effective that would be. 30 Tzaangors would be hard to deal with

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Sounds about right...I wonder how effective that would be. 30 Tzaangors would be hard to deal with

What about this?

Spoiler

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Boundless Mutation 
- Artefact: Timeslip Pendant 
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate

Gaunt Summoner (120)
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)
- 18x Pair of Savage Blade
- 12x Savage Greatblade

10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
- 7x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 3x Cursed Glaives

- 3x Cursed Glaives

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (90)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000/2000

30 tzaangors is a lot of attacks, but if you double it because of the tzaangor coven...

14 minutes ago, DarrinTheOccult said:

What about this?

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Boundless Mutation 
- Artefact: Timeslip Pendant 
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate

Gaunt Summoner (120)
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)
- 18x Pair of Savage Blade
- 12x Savage Greatblade

- 3x Cursed Glaives

- 3x Cursed Glaives

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (90)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000/2000

30 tzaangors is a lot of attacks, but if you double it because of the tzaangor coven...

Hmm that does look good despite my hatred of Acolytes. I'd rather take 2 units of Marauders over lame Acolytes lol their minimum is cheaper too since the Acolytes aren't needed for battalion requirements.

3 hours ago, Rhellion said:

he is going to be pretty much required in #HordeMeta2017

Yeah... kind of My thinking. 

6 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Huh...never really thought about slapping the Gaunt in a Hosts D list

You think it's a bad thing? :)

5 hours ago, Rhellion said:

he is going to be pretty much required in #HordeMeta2017

It's only recently I've had the pleasure of fielding a Gaunt Summoner on a Balewind. It's spectacular! I always saw the Balewind as a bit cheaty but then I won one as a spot prize at a tournament, so I thought it'd be rude not to give it a go. ?  

It's only recently I've had the pleasure of fielding a Gaunt Summoner on a Balewind. It's spectacular! I always saw the Balewind as a bit cheaty but then I won one as a spot prize at a tournament, so I thought it'd be rude not to give it a go. ?  

It's often not useful - many armies literally don't have a unit of 10 models (e.g. Stormcast), so given the high cast roll and 100 point cost it's not worthwhile. I elected not to use it vs Ironjawz yesterday.

Given nu-hordes, hard counters to hordes are more necessary than ever.

Yeah im starting to think the best bet for Tzeentch now is hold the hordes at bay with our own then blast them with spells since the only real combat unit we have at all is Tzaangors. But for the points Tzaangors are pretty nuts with 2 wounds each and dishing out some nasty damage. Time to get creative...I think the days of battalions with minimum battlines of Pinks is gone...unless you max the unit which means no battalion most likely. 

Im thinking of going 2x30 Tzaangors to start. Then 40 Marauders. Dont like the models but they are way cheaper and more useful then those still poopy Acolytes. Maybe a Mutalith as a distraction to support the front line Tzaangors. Then add in crazy spell slingers to buff and blast.

Or another take is to completely fill out a Multitudinous Host and be super annoying lol

Hmm that does look good despite my hatred of Acolytes. I'd rather take 2 units of Marauders over lame Acolytes lol their minimum is cheaper too since the Acolytes aren't needed for battalion requirements.

Acolytes have a much better synergy with Arcanites and the required heroes, and wizards. And you get a ranged attack that is missing from the Marauders.

How would you build a unit of 40 Kairic Acolytes? Is it allowed to do this:
4 adepts with glaive, shield, vulcharc
4 acolytes with glaive, shield, scroll
4 acolytes with glaive and shield
28 acolytes with blade and shield

You could. But it is rather like putting all your eggs in one basket.

It hasn't been FAQ'd yet, and the warscroll hasn't been changed, but technically the glaive is a 2 handed weapon.

The original Silver Tower Kairic Acolytes with the glaives didn't have shields.

Unfortunately the multi-part Acolyte kit isn't nice on building models without the shield to "properly" implement the 2-handed glaive models.

11 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Why would you take a Balewind with a Gaunt Summoner? It can increase the range of the spell but not the qualifier of number of models within 18" that are affected.

Unless I'm missing something?

Pick unit within 18"x2. All models in that unit is targeted. What is unclear?

On 22 July 2017 at 0:02 AM, TheOtherJosh said:

“...If all the starting units and warscroll battalions in your army follow TZEENTCH – including any units that you assign the TZEENTCH keyword to during set-up – then your army has the TZEENTCH allegiance..." DoT p.72 

Summoned units are pulled from reinforcement points and are not part of your starting units.

GHB FAQ v1.1

Page 108 – Reinforcement Points

Add the following to the end of the second paragraph: ‘Reinforcement units must belong to the same Grand Alliance as the rest of your army, but can otherwise have any allegiance. Because restrictions are determined when you pick your army, units added later using reinforcement points can allow the army to exceed the normal limitations for leaders, artillery and behemoths.’

However:[mention=879]Ratso[/mention]

You can't use Destiny Dice for your summoned Khorne Unit. Because you can only use Destiny dice for TZEENTCH units (p.74 DoT) (and it isn't a Tzeentch keyword unit, even if you have it in your army)

9 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Why would you take a Balewind with a Gaunt Summoner? It can increase the range of the spell but not the qualifier of number of models within 18" that are affected.

Unless I'm missing something?

Remember now a regular Gaunt Summoner is the same price as one with familiars, so throw treaterous bond on him, and throw him forward with you troops to give him the 18" range he needs against hordes and if you keep him just behind you line he will be able to give the -1 to save plus sniping off high wound, low bravery models with his warp tongue blade. Much better than a Balewind.

Just now, misthv said:

Pick unit within 18"x2. All models in that unit is targeted. What is unclear?

No not all models are targeted. All models within 18" of the Gaunt Summoner in the unit are. I'm pretty sure a Balewind doesn't extend that.

1 minute ago, Ratso said:

Remember now a regular Gaunt Summoner is the same price as one with familiars, so throw treaterous bond on him, and throw him forward with you troops to give him the 18" range he needs against hordes and if you keep him just behind you line he will be able to give the -1 to save plus sniping off high wound, low bravery models with his warp tongue blade. Much better than a Balewind.

That's exactly what my block of 36 Marauders is for.

Just now, SpiritofHokuto said:

No not all models are targeted. All models within 18" of the Gaunt Summoner in the unit are. I'm pretty sure a Balewind doesn't extend that.

That's exactly what my block of 36 Marauders is for.

Same, having them on 25mm I was able to kill three stormfiend one after the other with the gaunt summoner as he sat behind a wall of marauders.

Archived