Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

Yea looks like they do to some extent, the arms from the enlightened kit seemed to fit pretty well, there was a bit of a gap that I had to fill but not sure if that was just me. 

Tried to make a Tzaangor Magister, think it turned out OK and something a bit different. 

IMG-20170430-WA0003.jpeg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering. What happens to the Silver Tower Gaunt Summoner's 4 familiars if you succeed in summoning a Balewind Vortex?

Do they go with him on the Upper Platform or do they remain at the bottom, unable to move within 3" of the Vortex?

4 hours ago, Vaz84 said:

That conversion looks amazing! Good work.

Do you find you utilize the magister a fair amount?

Thanks mate!

Not really, but I want a cultist and Tzaangor version of each character.

I'm looking at doing cultists as enlightened now but it's likely as simple as just putting cultist models on the disk as I think they'd look pretty slick with the glaive and shields

On which note, would something like that with cultists on Disks played as enlightened be allowed at a tournament or would it confuse people? 

8 minutes ago, StokieRich said:

On which note, would something like that with cultists on Disks played as enlightened be allowed at a tournament or would it confuse people? 

I wouldnt see why, I mean they're armed with glaives, so they fit wysiwyg.

Quick question guys and apologies if answered in an earlier thread. 

If I have a Tzeentch allegiance and summon a Tzeentch Wizard (LoC, Pink Horrors, etc) do the summoned units get access to the additional Tzeentch spells or only the ones on their warscrolls?

Thanks guys.

11 hours ago, Ratso said:

Quick question guys and apologies if answered in an earlier thread. 

If I have a Tzeentch allegiance and summon a Tzeentch Wizard (LoC, Pink Horrors, etc) do the summoned units get access to the additional Tzeentch spells or only the ones on their warscrolls?

Thanks guys.

They have access to the spells.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on using Galrauch in a DoT list.

I'm looking at using him in a 2-2.5k DoT Changehot list (but not in the change host since he isn't a horror hero). I feel like he could dish out some serious wound output 

20 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

I like him. Good against armies with melee based lists. So ironjawz, khorne, nurgle stormcast, sylvaneths unit of kurnoth sythe hunters 

If only I could get him into the Changehost. Mannnnnnnnnnnn that would be scary awesome.

This is the list I'm looking to run. Would love comments. Blue & Brimstone are for summoning, however; I've listed it as my ideal use of points. I'll have other models up my sleeve. 

IMG_8330.PNG

Used him this weekend. His alright but very vulnerable for his point cost with only 10 sounds. His spell sounds good to start but it clearly says 1 attack. Can't help but think the gaunt summoner has a better spell to deal with large units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any additional offensive buffs we can put on the Tzaangor (I know they're smashy as hell already).

I usually put Shield of Fate, Mystic Shield and Inspiring Presence on them. 

Anyone do anything to give them a little but more punch? 

Cheers. 

On 2017-5-8 at 6:44 PM, Stauderpower said:

@hobgoblinclub a chaos sorceror can give them demonic power to refill ones to hit and wound. Other than that, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

This.

Also his ability allowing rerolling saves of 1 is great when it's a 4+

1 hour ago, MrCharisma said:

Any advice on increasing the hit/wound charasteristics of Pink Horrors? 

I'm looking at this from a Daemon army perspective, and could only see an increase if you run a unit of 20+

I think the point of pink horrors in a Tzeentch army is their super reliable casters. Their shooting/melee is sorta just a little random extra. I don't think it's ever worth bringing blocks of 30 pinks for the +1.

35 minutes ago, Tokyo Nift said:

I think the point of pink horrors in a Tzeentch army is their super reliable casters. Their shooting/melee is sorta just a little random extra. I don't think it's ever worth bringing blocks of 30 pinks for the +1.

Agreed. I'm running the units at the minimum of 10's. I guess I want to know how to maximise their punch in melee 

2 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

Agreed. I'm running the units at the minimum of 10's. I guess I want to know how to maximise their punch in melee 

I don't think there's any way to make them good in melee. Just let em die and then split them into smaller horrors to tie people up forever.

Watching one of the games from SCGT this morning, I saw a Tzeentch player use the Changeling to cast the Lord of Change's Infernal Gateway spell from atop a Balewind on turn 1. Somehow, I had totally missed that the Changeling has the spells of all wizards within 9". Casting this from atop a Balewind is pretty sinister, averaging six wounds at 36" out. You can still deploy the Changeling in your opponent's zone, swap with Horrors (Changehost ability), and get to casting from the safety of your own zone. Just one more trick to keep in mind!

I'd even consider using two Balewinds against certain lists. The Herald of Tzeentch can theoretically cast Pink Fire (D6 wounds), Bolt of Tzeentch (D6), and Mystic Bolt (D3) all in the same turn (as long as you roll enough 9+s for casting). That's an average of 14 MW being shot across the board from these two schmucks, enough to easily down a Thundertusk turn 1! Obviously, two Balewinds can be a tough sell, but you're not committed to spending your reinforcement points any particular way each game. Like I said, another tool in the box for these flexible Tzeentch lists. 

27 minutes ago, RoloMcFury said:

Watching one of the games from SCGT this morning, I saw a Tzeentch player use the Changeling to cast the Lord of Change's Infernal Gateway spell from atop a Balewind on turn 1. Somehow, I had totally missed that the Changeling has the spells of all wizards within 9". Casting this from atop a Balewind is pretty sinister, averaging six wounds at 36" out. You can still deploy the Changeling in your opponent's zone, swap with Horrors (Changehost ability), and get to casting from the safety of your own zone. Just one more trick to keep in mind!

I'd even consider using two Balewinds against certain lists. The Herald of Tzeentch can theoretically cast Pink Fire (D6 wounds), Bolt of Tzeentch (D6), and Mystic Bolt (D3) all in the same turn (as long as you roll enough 9+s for casting). That's an average of 14 MW being shot across the board from these two schmucks, enough to easily down a Thundertusk turn 1! Obviously, two Balewinds can be a tough sell, but you're not committed to spending your reinforcement points any particular way each game. Like I said, another tool in the box for these flexible Tzeentch lists. 

This would be brutal.... just hope my dice, which seem to have cooled lately, would co-operate.

I'd even consider using two Balewinds against certain lists. The Herald of Tzeentch can theoretically cast Pink Fire (D6 wounds), Bolt of Tzeentch (D6), and Mystic Bolt (D3) all in the same turn (as long as you roll enough 9+s for casting).

While the wording could be clearer, the Fortune and Fate ability only allows one extra spell per hero phase in total.

Archived