Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

34 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Has the rule about battleline units being under strength not counting as battleline been changed?

There, however, is the addition that understrength units (p.13) can’t be used in Warscroll battalions in the core rules. (p.15)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Lord of Change - 380
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch - 180
Magister - 140
Magister - 140
Magister - 140
Orgroid - 180
Curseling - 160

Kairic Acolytes - 80
Kairic Acolytes - 80
Kairic Acolytes - 80
Kairic Acolytes - 80
Pink Horrors - 280

Spell Portal - 60
Fatesworn Warband - 160

This list has 80 points left, you can go for shackles & balewind. It's quite light on the ground, I'd be tempted to drop the LoC change into Blue Scribes + 10 More horrors, leaving you 40 more points for geminoids 

A. That’s 7 heros. If I remember correctly, there’s a cap at 6.

B. Pink horrors cost 200, not 280.

Ahh okay so you'd have to drop the LoC anyway.  (yeah I just mis-typed on the horrors). 

Magister (x3) - 140
Ogroid - 180
Curseling - 160

Acolytes 10 (x4) - 80
Pink Horrors - 10 x 2 - 200

FSWB - 160
Spell portal - 60
Balewind - 40 
Geminids - 40
Shackles - 20

The above list is 1980, and can cast 17 spells a turn (including free boltd), with enough casters to put out all the endless spells, + bolt, gaunts spell, ogroid spell & magister spell. Has a reasonable amount of shooting, Thoughts? You could drop the second units of horrors for blue scribes. 

46 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Ahh okay so you'd have to drop the LoC anyway.  (yeah I just mis-typed on the horrors). 

Magister (x3) - 140
Ogroid - 180
Curseling - 160

Acolytes 10 (x4) - 80
Pink Horrors - 10 x 2 - 200

FSWB - 160
Spell portal - 60
Balewind - 40 
Geminids - 40
Shackles - 20

The above list is 1980, and can cast 17 spells a turn (including free boltd), with enough casters to put out all the endless spells, + bolt, gaunts spell, ogroid spell & magister spell. Has a reasonable amount of shooting, Thoughts? You could drop the second units of horrors for blue scribes. 

You couldn’t drop the second horrors for Blue Scribes, cause that’d be 7 heros again.

It’s a pretty cool list, kind of the FSWB version of mine. Yours probably has a slight damage output advantage with all the arcane bolts, would put out roughly the same or just slightly more fate points (cause I have the Scribes) but would be more susceptible to alpha strikes and 1st turn charges (1 less unit of pink horrors)

As far as I’m concerned, both are good. Which one is best will be determined by the meta, not in the absolute.

3 minutes ago, The Cyclop Owl said:

You couldn’t drop the second horrors for Blue Scribes, cause that’d be 7 heros again.

It’s a pretty cool list, kind of the FSWB version of mine. Yours probably has a slight damage output advantage with all the arcane bolts, would put out roughly the same or just slightly more fate points (cause I have the Scribes) but would be more susceptible to alpha strikes and 1st turn charges (1 less unit of pink horrors)

As far as I’m concerned, both are good. Which one is best will be determined by the meta, not in the absolute.

Oh gosh darn I keep forgetting that, sorry for being a doofus. Yeah, I'm not 100% if we're going to see GHB come out with a statement like "The Rule of One can never be ignored in match play" or something like that, maybe. 

If not, I will be giving the FSWB a good go at the throne of skulls in october. If so, I'm not sure what direction to go. 

Just now, Drib said:

They are!

Hmmmm.. while it might be better for pure points, you're making a already thin on the ground thinner. Making it harder to screeen, take objectives etc.

1 minute ago, Tokyo Nift said:

Might struggle to find useful spells to cast for your mortal wizards.

Turn one 1 magister will be doing his spell, other 2 would be doing shackles & geminids. The other two might have optimal spells each turn post turn one, but they will get a arcane bolt and cast supporting spells at least. 

12 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Hmmmm.. while it might be better for pure points, you're making a already thin on the ground thinner. Making it harder to screeen, take objectives etc.

Turn one 1 magister will be doing his spell, other 2 would be doing shackles & geminids. The other two might have optimal spells each turn post turn one, but they will get a arcane bolt and cast supporting spells at least. 

Of course your opponent may have something to say about that......

4 hours ago, Tasman said:

For sure, I expect my opponent to dispel things but you can at least use DD turn one to create a nearly un-bindable spell portal cast. The rest is just the luck of the dice.

5 hours ago, Tasman said:

Which is why I’m packing a Herald in the non-FSWB list.

Cast the portal with DD, then either shackle or pendulum through it with 3D6. If they start trying to dispel, then the GS’s infernal flames and Tzeentch’s firestorm are going to be devastating. With this kind of list, your opponent is going to have a hard time dispelling everything and that’s exactly what you want.

So, guys, your whole idea of this spell spam is to get something like a LoC on turn 3-4? So all heroes are standing in a blob around a spellportal, protected by pinks or acolytes? What will you do, when your screen is charged turn 1 and on turn 2 you have nowhere to go and enemy is too close to summon? Pray for the acolytes to hold strong?)))

For example ill get to play FEC, LoN - they will easily cirle you. Khorne or IJ will be in close combat turn 1. Kharadons will simply wipe the sorcs out, etc. etc.

I just dont get this  effort to maximize spellcount, because on turn 3 when you expect a Loc youll have few retreated heralds on the table)

Archived