The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Painting has begun on the last unit for my Slaanesh army. Here is a preview of the conversions I did for the musician and banner. The musician is a simple hand swap with a sisters of the thorn horn, while the banner has also been kitbashed from sisters/wild rider bits.

NettesBanner.jpg

Well...doesn't life suddenly decide to get busy and cut your hobby time! I have finally managed to finish up my second 5 warriors...also included a rather clustered shot of the whole unit.

P1015894.JPG.fcf49c527edf62aba0e46d8e059f0fdb.JPG

P1015896.JPG.e940017dee38da251fd01874454bc0cc.JPG

Happy I have managed to keep the scheme consistent over these ten, going to paint some reavers next I think.

I would like some feedback about two WIP stormcast test models I'm currently painting with a metallic red colour scheme. The one the left is just line highlighted silver and the other is gold and silver belended.

Which looks better? (I quite like them both)
d4090864573da8ca540d6436ab194677.jpg
ed3b781f26dea1c72f17e8929fe1ab99.jpg

[mention=3934]DGH875[/mention] I like the left better. I think the should pads need a highlight on the gold as well.

Thanks for the feedback, I prefer the left one as there is more red showing. I need to work on the gold more, but the gold paints I have are rubbish. Need to try some of the GW ones.

Despite having next to no time the first part of this week, I've somehow managed to get most of the base colours down.  Just need to crack out the Zandri Dust for all the bone items, sort out round the necks with undercoat and then a few red and gold touch ups.  With luck I can get that lot done tomorrow evening which means I can jump into the Agrax Earthshade step on Friday!

KhorneBloodWarriors-3-WIP3.jpg.b256cdf20a2356a9baa1b5f3b4a017e5.jpg

Folks, I am painting a horse (4 more to come) and I wanted to ask a question. I am doing them the same colour scheme as my StD warriors, but I wanted the horse armour to be a bit grottier, so I stuck a Nuln Oil wash on it. The wash went a little streaky (it spilled recently so there isn't a lot left and I am left wondering if the mix is a bit unbalanced) so I can't decide whether to keep it, or to paint over it. In the end I want to try and darken down the lowest edges of the armour anyway, I am not going for an amazing gradient, just a slight one.

7J4AE7S.jpg

Also have I done enough to the horse's skin/hair?

Looking good. I love those snowy bases, is it the valhallan blizzard you're using for them? Might work well with a certain band of sky pirates I fully expect to be gracing my painting station as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else keep rereading this whole thread ? It's a huge inspiration and gives massive encouragement seeing all these amature hobbyists make such brilliant, varied, and chatacterful jobs on such compact little armies.

I've finally taken the leap into age of sigmar myself with some tzeentch stuff. Can't wait to join in here.

2 hours ago, spidero said:

Looking good. I love those snowy bases, is it the valhallan blizzard you're using for them? Might work well with a certain band of sky pirates I fully expect to be gracing my painting station as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I am going to be doing the old grey and snow bases for me sky pirates too. 

Aaannndd they're finished! Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever made a list and actually painted everything up 100%. This thread was good motivation to keep going, although I think in future I will buy and paint a unit at a time rather than buying the whole lot. Now just to bug my friends so I can get a game in with the army!

Second unit of Daemonettes is basically the same as the first so I decided to go straight for the whole army shot (I also just noticed that my desk is apparently a similar colour to the bases).

complete01.jpg

complete02.jpg

complete03.jpg

Managed to get decent amount done on my Blood Warriors.  They've had their bath in Agrax Earthshade, flesh has been done other than a final highlight and I'm now onto the rather tedious job of edge highlighting all of the brass trim.  I'd forgotten quite how much trim there was on these.  I've now got three with their trim edge highlighted (photo was taken Saturday and only shows one at the front).  Hopefully I should be able to get this unit finished by the end of Saturday.  I may then have a tiny deviation into 40k whilst I wait for the new Khorne Battletome to come out before I decide what to paint up next!

KhorneBloodWarriors-3-WIP4.jpg.04e2705d33529e87da4cf106f023b4de.jpg

Archived