The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the same thing but just went with it...I'll change it up to a black I think.  Thanks for the honest critique.

Edit - The same color is used on the string for his skulls, do you all think it works ok there? I didn't mind there it but thought the boots were too big a detail when I'd finished.

6 hours ago, Lardidar said:

Changed up the boots and had a go at the new basing paint...kinda impressed. Going to add some tufts once they arrive from Ebay.

P1015867.JPG  P1015868.JPG

Please give me a step by step on how you painted this.  This is exactly what I am looking for.  So well done. 

Thanks @Soulsmith @DynamicCalories and all who liked.

The White is:

base of Administratum Gray

a few watered down layers of Vallejo white

A wash of Administratum Gray, focusing more on edges

another layer of watered down Vallejo white

Final highlight of Vallejo Foundation White. This makes it pop!

When I'm done ill defiantly take some proper pics. ;)

I just cant think of how some people can get so much painting done and usually to a really good standard O.o

I feel its been a good month if I can finish like 2-5 minis, excellent if I do more :D 

Guess thats just too bad.. and it doesnt help that I paint two minis and I go and buy like two new boxes of stuff xD 

52 minutes ago, Routasydän said:

I just cant think of how some people can get so much painting done and usually to a really good standard O.o

I feel its been a good month if I can finish like 2-5 minis, excellent if I do more :D 

Guess thats just too bad.. and it doesnt help that I paint two minis and I go and buy like two new boxes of stuff xD 

Haha, I feel your pain. Especially on the paint two, buy two boxes front. 

With January almost up, so far I've managed to finish off 5 ironbreakers and 1 dwarf warrior, a little less progress than I was hoping for. I guess enough for a progress pic though, will see about getting one tonight. 

So the sensible thing to do is decide to do two 1000 point armies instead, right? I've got a pretty decent start with the Chaos stuff in the starter box, and this week I've been painting up the slaughterpriest from WD for a Silver Tower game this weekend, so might as well aim for 1000pts of Chaos too.

Thank you, I'm really falling in love with painting again TV hasn't been on all week...podcasts and the brush.

So I'm thinking.

Khorne lord, secretor, stoker, and skull grinder for heroes

10 warriors and 20 reapers for battleline 

2 Khorgorath for some big monster fun...could also either have a 3rd or the Goreblade battalion in the 1000pts

Now onto building...the stuff in here is really inspiring, a great thread.

Lovely work guys. Some great experimenting and tips going around. You guys are exactly what I was hoping for, friendly and active! It's been a month now, how's everyone doing? Anyone making good progress? Waiting to start? Learned some new techniques?

Mine's a lot slower than I'd like, but I'm getting stuff done. Working on a Doomwheel. Such a brilliant model. Done the majority of it, so just a lot of detailing left.

DSC_0728.JPG.177aed5b61daf2b1995de222324fb7e6.JPG

Got my Blightkings box in the mail!

Fun but exasperating kit to put together. Because you can only make five, I had to make the champ, standard bearer and musician and thus couldn't make the two handed guys. So, I chopped up the scythe and gave it to the champion in a minor conversion, and messed around with some heads here and there. I now officially hate green stuff after trying to work with it (I probably need better tools than the improv stuff I am using) and I have also cut the pad of my thumb with a craft knife.

Still, I want another box of BKs so I can make both the axe and scythe guy, as well as use the bell in the belly torso.

On 2/1/2017 at 5:54 PM, Lardidar said:

ebbf8e9beb3bccf7fd60297309d45ff7.jpg

The view from my desk... What's others looking like. Do you work in a sterile environment or organised chaos?

Well Im jealous. DO you use Citadel at all or moved them to droppers? I wish I had a table dedicated to it, my keyboard must move when I want to paint.

I have one or two citadel. In the picture is the entire army painter range I picked up a few weeks back. Got a few Vallejo and at vapnatak I'm going to look at some foundry... Always loved paints and trying different things.

I saw your orc in the flesh today, very nice job.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Started up my Blightkings, two down, three to go!

IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_4781.JPG

Edit: taking a step back I might tighten them up further.

They look really solid man! My only comment would be that the cloth and the skin is very, very similar. Hard to distinguishe between the two. Maybe change the cloth colour the guys have on their bodies?

4 minutes ago, DGH875 said:

Just joined here and getting back into the hobby, I'm aiming to build a Slannesh daemon army. I've built my first 10 daemonettes and going to be painting them today.

Welcome to the project! Looking forward to seeing some pictures :)

Archived