Exalted Greater Daemons

Shane

Forgeworld are (re)releasing what I hope will be the first of four 'Exalted' versions of the greater daemons. This brings with it a new warscroll. This is a no-brainer and I'm glad they're doing it.

Around the Eye of Terror, and across the Mortal Realms, the fabric of reality thins and the greatest beasts of chaos stir behind the veil.

You Chaos fans out there have a had pretty good December so far, and it’s about to get better, because the Exalted Bloodthirster of Khorne will soon be rejoining the fight. These winged behemoths took a brief time-out from the battles on the mortal planes, while our warp-smith artificers re-consecrated their daemonic moulds, but they will soon be back to wreak violent mayhem on all who stand before them.

You can set a reminder for them HERE, to be the first to find out when they are back on sale.

bloodthirster

To mark the occasion, and since so many of you have asked about it, we set our rules writers the task of creating Warscrolls to let you use this Exalted Greater Daemon in your Warhammer Age of Sigmar games.

These are being worked on right now, and will be with you very soon…

This is great news. The Daemons army and Chaos in general will need significant buffs so that the Grand Alliance doesn't become Skaven, Sayl and the rest.* Also if Little Archaon bites the dust as a Compendium Unit, then that will kill off a lot of potential lists.  

Odds of any of them having a 3+ save, to join Big Archaon and Orghotts...? 

*Yes - Khorne Bloodbound are still a competitive faction, but not tier one - how do they deal with the Beastclaw, Moonclan, Kunning Rukk combo for a start (and taking 6 wound Warp Lightning cannons aka Thundertusk bait is unlikely to solve the problem).

Yeah they just bumped up a few numbers. A little disappointing, since the BT is based on the fairly rubbish Unfettered Fury Thirster. 1/3 of units around him have their move value (only, not runs or charges) halved and take one MW? That rule is not worthy of the model at all. The Command ability is also pointless.

The stat line is impressive though.

Odds of any of them having a 3+ save, to join Big Archaon and Orghotts...?

Got to admit, I'm very impressed and pleased. Didn't believe they would give the EGD of Tzeentch a 3+! Heroes.

They did, but this has me at least considering running a GUO as a Nurgle keyworded beatstick that is an alternative to Glottkin and Tamurkhan.  

I would say more than consider. Both of them are overcosted.

Bummer I just realized that these lose their titles so can't be used in place of other models.  They refer to them as the Great Unclean One on the website but its warscroll is labelled as Nurgle Exalted Greater Daemon.  I was hoping it would have its title also since now this can't be used in any formations.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived