Chaos Kunnin rukk counters

Dirty_Old_Grand_PA

Im doing a army that i think would handle kunnin rukk well.

What I am doing is:

Glottkin

Epidemius

2x Nurgle Demon princes

30x Plaguebearers

2x10 Marauders of nurgle

3x Plague Drones

2x Plagueclaw catapults

Plaguebearers will hold against any shooting, and with glottkin buffs (+1 wound, +1 save, +1 attack) they are somewhat a immovable object.

Catapults will shred any large blocks and give whole army buffs from epidemius.

Anyone see any problems please point them out before i embarrass myself :)

Regards

/AB 

I think you're on the right page- Plague Claws are the ultimate counter to the Kunnin Rukk. With 2-3 Plague Claws you should be able to wipe out roughly 1 big unit per turn. Combine that with a press from your infantry and you should be ok. Just make sure to run up that first turn to force some hard target priority choices mid game.

A non Nurgle counter is the Gaunt Summoner on Foot + a balewind vortex. Pick a unit within 36, every model in range takes a mortal wound on a 4+. Use that to cut big units in half quickly. Combining it with a hellcannon or tunnelers to take care of the key hero's and you should be ok. Just try to get into combat asap to start whittling away the shots back at you.

Another counter are clan pestilens in general. Taking so many models that its simply impossible to kill the army could be a counter.

Finally, cunning deceiver is huge vs that list. It stops the additional shots and greatly reduces the number of hits they will have turn 1. Combine that with catapults and you're buying your war machines an extra turn to slow the army down.

Maybe some legion of azgorh warmachines to take out the boss and the start grinding the arrowboys down. They also get 3+ save against shooting. Then you have the daemonsmith that have a really good debuff spell against shooting, -2 to hit. Maybe on top of a balewind to get the extra range.

An (cheap) option for this could be 2 deathshriekers and daemonsmith for 340pt (or two magma cannons for 40pt extra) and maybe 100pt in reinforcement pool.

On 25/11/2016 at 10:20 AM, Nico said:

Yes. He is a hero and a Wizard.

How does it work with the range increase from the vortex?

Infernal Flames says you have to pick a unit within 18", which I presume is going to be 36" on the vortex. Then it says 'roll 1 dice for every model in the target unit that is within 18";...' Is that 18" range also increased? I presume so, but have anyone seen any clarification on it?

14 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

How does it work with the range increase from the vortex?

Infernal Flames says you have to pick a unit within 18", which I presume is going to be 36" on the vortex. Then it says 'roll 1 dice for every model in the target unit that is within 18";...' Is that 18" range also increased? I presume so, but have anyone seen any clarification on it?

That was the point of my question. I suppose it does. But you ever know with some opponents.

This seems to be one of the few hard counters. Even then, if they go first, you'll only kill half the unit (with inspiring presence). Plus you need to cast one spell on a 7 (with +1 from the familiar) and another spell with +2. It's a serious investment/risk.

Archived