My first painted miniature

Wraith01

Looks good! You clearly have the patience and steady hand that can take you far!

Have you considered using some washes? GW has a line that are actually quite good, and they match well with other GW paints. Something like a sepia or fleshtone over the skin would add some great depth, but if you really want to keep it simple, Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil are the two most essential. Either one of those over the entire model will really make it pop!

Just Google "miniature washes" for tons of forum posts, tutorials and primers on the subject.

Edit: oh I see you did use some. The flash must have washed out the picture a bit. I still think a dark wash over the skin followed by a highlight will really next-level him!

Looks way better than my first mini did, congrats.

If you're looking at taking it a step further I agree with @KhaosZand3rabout trying out some shades in the recesses of the model, then highlighting the raised areas if you feel comfortable/confident. The Warhammer TV painting videos are a great into into shading and highlighting different colours and textures:

Thanks!

I love those videos. 

I'll buy some washes and layer paints when I go to the store tonight and experiment during the week. And I'll try to take a better picture next time, better lighting and no flash.  I just really wanted to post a picture and get some feedback. 

I'm pretty proud of how he came out. Almost done with half of the Khorne Bloodbound from the starter set too. 

41 minutes ago, Wraith01 said:

Thanks!

I love those videos. 

I'll buy some washes and layer paints when I go to the store tonight and experiment during the week. And I'll try to take a better picture next time, better lighting and no flash.  I just really wanted to post a picture and get some feedback. 

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Archived