Wound allocation

Cthulhus Lawyer

Question

If one unit is in combat with two other units and both of them wound it , can I allocate the wounds on different models since im resolving them separately or are they assigned to the same model?
I ask because ive always assigned it to one model at a time , but we had someone challenge that since the rules say " the player commanding the target unit allocates any wounds that are inflicted to models from the unit as they see fit " and he is allocating the wounds on two different moments , one for each combat so he can allocate it to different models...

7 answers to this question

The rules seem fairly clear that he can allocate them to whomever he chooses. In my area however, we play that you keep applying wounds to one model until death then move on to the next. I have always played this way so was not aware that it is a house rule. 

On 10/9/2016 at 4:21 AM, MightyQwan said:

The rules seem fairly clear that he can allocate them to whomever he chooses. In my area however, we play that you keep applying wounds to one model until death then move on to the next. I have always played this way so was not aware that it is a house rule. 

With this caveat.

" When inflicting damage, if you allocate a wound to a model, you must keep on allocating wounds to that model until either it is slain, or no more wounds remain to be allocated. "

So if the first unit wounds a model, the second unit's wounds must be used to kill him off before allocation to anyone else.

You calculate the damage pool for each unit you've successfully wounded and the "owner" of the target unit allocates within that unit as they see fit - but allocating wounds to one model until it is removed.

This does mean that in your example, the two target units could both have an injured model.

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

You calculate the damage pool for each unit you've successfully wounded and the "owner" of the target unit allocates within that unit as they see fit - but allocating wounds to one model until it is removed.

This does mean that in your example, the two target units could both have an injured model.

It is, unless someone can get something super concrete to contradict, always to 1 model. From all sources.

IE

" When inflicting damage, if you allocate a wound to a model, you must keep on allocating wounds to that model until either it is slain, or no more wounds remain to be allocated. "

Otherwise you'd maybe have  situations where, say, 5 paladins on 1 wound (unit takes 10 wounds but nothing dies).

42 minutes ago, Turragor said:

It is, unless someone can get something super concrete to contradict, always to 1 model. From all sources.

IE

Otherwise you'd maybe have  situations where, say, 5 paladins on 1 wound (unit takes 10 wounds but nothing dies).

Despite reading the question multiple times I somehow misread that it was one unit attacking two.  I appear to have eaten my failcake :S 

Archived