Old World Army Painting Projects

Looks fantastic! I want to start lots of TOW armies, but lol, I am such a slow painter and easly distracted 😄. I will try to upload something at the end of the weekend

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Fantastic colours! Would love to see a whole army done like that. 

Thanks! I've got a unpainted nighthaunt army which I just couldn't figure out a colour scheme for but now I think I've found it! 

These are old pics of a small part from my night goblin collection. They're still on old bases, since I didn't want to change them and I plan on using greenstuff adaptor bases (unfortunately, they still have to send my order). Squig hoppers and trolls are on the right size.

Armée1000-01.JPG

Armée1000-02.JPG

Armée1000-03.JPG

Armée1000-04.JPG

squig hoopers.JPG

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 hours ago, Sarouan said:

These are old pics of a small part from my night goblin collection. They're still on old bases, since I didn't want to change them and I plan on using greenstuff adaptor bases (unfortunately, they still have to send my order). Squig hoppers and trolls are on the right size.

Armée1000-01.JPG

Armée1000-02.JPG

Armée1000-03.JPG

Armée1000-04.JPG

squig hoopers.JPG

Love them, so colourful. Bonus points for the old world Terrain as well!! 

• Like 1

As much amazing hobby goes into AOS stuff, I think because of the different basing with trays and 'fillers' we will see even more amazing amounts of hobby go into TOW.  I know I have much more elaborate plans for my Chaos Dwarfs and Troll Horde.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:01 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

As much amazing hobby goes into AOS stuff, I think because of the different basing with trays and 'fillers' we will see even more amazing amounts of hobby go into TOW.  I know I have much more elaborate plans for my Chaos Dwarfs and Troll Horde.

Completely agree, it's made me think more about how I want the whole army to look and about what models to use. 

And as much as I love AoS and round bases, there is just something so satisfying about having a fulled ranked up unit painted and based. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 5:52 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

Wasn't there a thing where we can fill ranks with a couple bases worth of decorative stuff and it's alright rules-wise or something?  That would help round out the scenic vistas of foetid swampyness for my River Trolls.

Unit fillers are what you're talking about. They are great for filling out some ranks and adding some visual intrest to a unit. Take a look at my goblin army at the start of this thread or my painting blog to see what I did. 

On 4/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

For a introductionary game I’m currently painting 2 different armies of up to 750points each.

currebtly I’m working on my dreadlord on cold one chariot

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love those colours, what paints did you use? 

On 4/14/2024 at 6:07 PM, Sarouan said:

Today old grudges were settled !

DSC04900.JPG

DSC04904.JPG

DSC04905.JPG

DSC04908.JPG

DSC04909.JPG

Awesome!! The classic match up!! 

• Like 1

Finished my 2nd Old World army - Vampire Counts. 

I call the army Shades of Death, the idea was to use a very limited palette of a few pinks and purples and little else. Enjoyed using just a few paints and is something I'll defo do again in the future. 

IMG_20240422_014155.jpg

IMG_20240422_014206.jpg

IMG_20240422_014200.jpg

IMG_20240422_014143.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1