The Painting Contract - April 2024

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for April 2024.

Sit down, and join us at the painting table.

If you don't know the rules, here they are:

• Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest.
  • On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

My main target is to paint my first Slaangor Fiendblood. It's going to be a little complex, as it's the first one, so I've got to work out a colour scheme that tickles my fancy. 

Subsidiary target is to get some significant brushwork down on Glutos... a target I comprehensively failed to hit last month. That's going to be an ongoing project. 

I've also got a couple of random old Chaos Champion models thst are half-done. If I get stumped with my other goals, I'll try to finish at least one of these off. 

Here's some work in progress... I'm really not sure about it yet. I fear I might have made a hash of it by making the greyish/purple flesh tone too dark (bearing in mind that the claws and the stocking-things will be dark too). I'm hoping that a fair amount of gold detailing and iridescent horns will lift it up, so I'll keep working at it... 

20240405_132155.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

An Arch-Cavalier and Freeguild Marshall on Chamonite Cog-Horse

20240407_192713.jpg.d6d78150506779da362947fba0690723.jpg

20240329_214301.jpg.1524232e40f10c0c5f491eb3aaa51df5.jpg

20240407_192622.jpg.a2f30c74f1cebcd34204d1654a3b436a.jpg

Is the knight with the wavy sword a Lord Solar from the astra militarum ktibash or straight from the kit. They look so similar - but epic job none the less!

Got my hag queen painted and the next step of layering the skin on my witch aelves figured out by painting her.

i0KUJik.jpg

VK44p54.jpg

HaKCUPi.jpg

Uhu76XS.jpg

• Like 2