Where is death's scarey scare?

Barimbino

Screaming skull catapult if you are ok with compendiums. I've used that with a summoned Tomb Banshee to snipe characters on a first turn with great effect.

I don't see them bringing anything else out for death that can modify bravery though. The fact that they nerfed the Terrorgheist seems to support this.

8 minutes ago, Stokeyben said:

I don't see them bringing anything else out for death that can modify bravery though. The fact that they nerfed the Terrorgheist seems to support this.

QFT.

It makes some of our stuff kind of crappy against high Bravery enemies, like Daemons. But honestly, terrorgheists and banshees are still pretty scary. If there was some way we could get a unit that could reduce Bravery, but only the Bravery of high-Bravery enemies, it would be interesting, but so corner case that it would 1) suck and 2) be complicated to write rules for, which is counter to Age of Sigmar's rules design aesthetic.

8 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

QFT.

It makes some of our stuff kind of crappy against high Bravery enemies, like Daemons. But honestly, terrorgheists and banshees are still pretty scary. If there was some way we could get a unit that could reduce Bravery, but only the Bravery of high-Bravery enemies, it would be interesting, but so corner case that it would 1) suck and 2) be complicated to write rules for, which is counter to Age of Sigmar's rules design aesthetic.

I think something like Neferatas bubble but it being -1 to bravery could work quite well. Whether that is as a spell or command ability it doesn't matter too much.

That way we could reduce higher bravery units down a bit, and it wouldn't greatly affect lower bravery units as it is just potentially one more wound. Hardly anything compared to some units from other alliances.

On 08/10/2016 at 7:52 AM, Darth Alec said:

I think it's a point that we can't do it. Since we have so many damaging abilities tied to Bravery, being able to reduce it is essentially free damage.

Or, we'll see it whenever Nighhaunt gets a battletome.

To have more than one unit available to Death to decrease Bravery would be pretty powerful, so this makes sense. Deliberate design decision to avoid creating another perfect storm of combos.

Looking forward to a Nighthaunt Battletome if there are plans for one. Would be awesome.

I wouldn't say its very deliberate, but maybe a little. Imagine having multiple bravery-reducing units. You could push enemies down to bravery 1, or even negative bravery. Throw in a Terrorgheist/Banshee and battleshock, and you've got easy, obvious combos that are very powerful. It feels like reducing bravery was a thing they tried to avoid in general, prefering to do straight up damage instead.

I think a Nighthaunt battletome is pretty obviously going to be a thing. They've got some great kits. The only thing that's really lacking is a double-kit or two and maybe another character. Then they'd be a pretty solid faction.

I wouldn't say its very deliberate, but maybe a little. Imagine having multiple bravery-reducing units. You could push enemies down to bravery 1, or even negative bravery. Throw in a Terrorgheist/Banshee and battleshock, and you've got easy, obvious combos that are very powerful. It feels like reducing bravery was a thing they tried to avoid in general, prefering to do straight up damage instead.

No - it's just that they don't do Death any favours. There was a Chaos list of all the units that debuff bravery (e.g. Khorgoraths, Knights, etc.) Rufion Symes came up with it. That's why it's called the Bravery One Podcast I believe. I think Order can get -4 from the Prime and Deceimators alone.

Has there been a precedent set where they change or amend warscrolls? Since a foundation is set for -to bravery with banshees and the TG.. I would assume they would flesh out this gimmick a bit more whenever they get around to working on death a bit more. Maybe they add some warscroll battalions that -bravery where banshees or TG are taken .. Or change warscrolls all together but I'm not sure if that is done or has been done in the past. 

25 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Has there been a precedent set where they change or amend warscrolls? Since a foundation is set for -to bravery with banshees and the TG.. I would assume they would flesh out this gimmick a bit more whenever they get around to working on death a bit more. Maybe they add some warscroll battalions that -bravery where banshees or TG are taken .. Or change warscrolls all together but I'm not sure if that is done or has been done in the past. 

I don't think a precedent has been set, but they did change the Terrogheist warscroll when they release Flesh Eater Courts. So take from that what you will.

(I know that you can still take the old TG, but in matched play you have to take the FEC version.)

41 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

The intention seems to be that these will be "living rules" and will change as GW sees the need.

2 hours ago, Stokeyben said:

I don't think a precedent has been set, but they did change the Terrogheist warscroll when they release Flesh Eater Courts. So take from that what you will.

(I know that you can still take the old TG, but in matched play you have to take the FEC version.)

You can choose the version the rules in the GA:D don't stop to be avalaible cause they have a different version in a successive battletome, so also by the FAQ that let you choose, so you can choose.

36 minutes ago, deynon said:

You can choose the version the rules in the GA:D don't stop to be avalaible cause they have a different version in a successive battletome, so also by the FAQ that let you choose, so you can choose.

Afaik the original version doesn't have points?

1 hour ago, Stokeyben said:

Afaik the original version doesn't have points?

Why shouldn't have points? it's called Terrorgheist. And the FlashEater courts definition in which is under named can't count otherway the compendium units could not be used cause they are out of the keywords presented in the different units (Vlad and so on) so they are prized and they have rules but they conflict by itself.

You simply choice. If you deploy you specify in the list which version you are using. If you summonyou can summon only the beast version cuase it's the only one that has the rules to be summoned.

Not complicated and it requires the player to do only what it should be supposed to do from the beginnig: be clear in the list.

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

There was a passage somewhere which said that if an updated warscroll came out it replaced the older one. So, the newer unsummonable TG is the newest and the now standard one 

There is the FAQ that say you can choose, so till it's still avalaible you can...choose^^

Archived