The Painting Contract - February 2024

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Looking fantastic. The colours emphasise the John Blanche-ness of the model... all that baroque insanity! 

Thanks! I definitely went very liberal with the sepia ink on this one. The plan is to have most of the model in warm, desaturated colours while Zenestra herself gets to be the super-saturated focal point. For most of the model I am aiming for the kind of brown tint that is so common in the surviving mediveal art pieces that are the inspiration for the new Cities of Sigmar models.

Here is a picture with more natural light:

20240220_075301.jpg.c8956102941f5bb497397a23a9f090eb.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

They're a bunch of little smashers! Love the purple and green... always one of my favourite colour combinations. 

Thanks! This combination is prevalent in my Seraphon and I've also used it for OBR (slightly different hues though). I now have to remind myself to avoid purple for Idoneth.

So a change half way through the month. I lost motivation to paint the Seraphon warband because I got 2 different colourschemes in my head for 2 different warbands.

First is the chosen axes + 3 hero characters I had lying around. I've seen these dwarves of the Jade empire somewhere before years ago and the colours stuck to me.

Next up the newest Idoneth Deepkin warband in the Fuethan colours or my interpretation off it. I wanted something totally different in my display cabinet.

I didnt have any green warbands and now I've started painting 3 warbands in different colour greens haha.

And as extra a picture of the 3 wolf riding Goblins, I dont think ill be able to finish them before the end of the month, but atleast there is progress. 

20240221_211331.jpg

20240221_211242.jpg

20240221_211414.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 2/21/2024 at 2:26 PM, Sparxius said:

So a change half way through the month. I lost motivation to paint the Seraphon warband because I got 2 different colourschemes in my head for 2 different warbands.

First is the chosen axes + 3 hero characters I had lying around. I've seen these dwarves of the Jade empire somewhere before years ago and the colours stuck to me.

Next up the newest Idoneth Deepkin warband in the Fuethan colours or my interpretation off it. I wanted something totally different in my display cabinet.

I didnt have any green warbands and now I've started painting 3 warbands in different colour greens haha.

And as extra a picture of the 3 wolf riding Goblins, I dont think ill be able to finish them before the end of the month, but atleast there is progress. 

20240221_211331.jpg

20240221_211242.jpg

20240221_211414.jpg

Love the shade of the armor you are doing for the Idoneth!

Calling the armor finished - could've done the highlights a bit better, but I'm happy with where these nine are at. Moving on to the other details!

q2NQVG1.jpg

tOFq87C.jpg

RmPw1ph.jpg

UymXEzQ.jpg

owDNdtN.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative