Poll: New Army? (End of Edition)

Gitzdee

New Army?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. New army?

• Yes
    • No

21 hours ago, pnkdth said:

New armies are fun, however, there are factions in the game right now who should not have to wait for a range refresh.

Ogors, Skaven, and Beastmen in particular comes to mind. Fyreslayers also deserve a proper wave of new minis to fully realise the faction.

Expand on other cities, build on the cosmopolitan and multi-racial/factional collaborations that makes CoS so interesting. Though this is probably a loooooong way ahead, if ever.

Then focus on new factions in whatever order. Chorfs, Shadow Elves, etc, etc.

Ogors the size of the Warhulk would be incredible!

And regarding Cities, I'm a firm believer that we will get at least a smallish wave next edition (3-5 kits, like Sylvaneth/Nighthaunt) with some proper Devoted and Ironweld support to go along the 1 kit each subfaction got this year.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 7:42 PM, pnkdth said:

New armies are fun, however, there are factions in the game right now who should not have to wait for a range refresh.

Ogors, Skaven, and Beastmen in particular comes to mind. Fyreslayers also deserve a proper wave of new minis to fully realise the faction.

Expand on other cities, build on the cosmopolitan and multi-racial/factional collaborations that makes CoS so interesting. Though this is probably a loooooong way ahead, if ever.

Then focus on new factions in whatever order. Chorfs, Shadow Elves, etc, etc.

Idoneth should also get a second wave with hopefully atleast one new big sea monster. 🙂

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Idoneth should also get a second wave with hopefully atleast one new big sea monster. 🙂

Wasn't there mention of undersea Beasts of Chaos somewhere in the lore?  Guess new warbands for Underworlds and Warcry that get interesting AoS rules is a nice way to scratch the itch...and these Armies and Regiments of Renown can change how one's existing armies play, so that's something short of a totally new faction that could keep things juicy.  

On 12/2/2023 at 7:47 AM, Tonhel said:

Idoneth have so much design potential. Would love to see Idoneth get a large Octopus monster in a similar style to the one accompanying Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers. An elite infantry kit wearing Isharann Soulrender-type armour. Crab cavalry would also be cool. 3/4 kits would bulk out the faction and make the line feel more rounded and "complete" (like with many AoS factions

On 12/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, Xil said:

Depends on what 'new' army means. 

I would like to see Umbraneth put into one Battletome with DoK.

This is how I feel.

DoK + Umbraneth = Children of Khaine.

• Like 3

Just now, Hollow said:

Idoneth have so much design potential. Would love to see Idoneth get a large Octopus monster in a similar style to the one accompanying Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers. An elite infantry kit wearing Isharann Soulrender-type armour. Crab cavalry would also be cool. 3/4 kits would bulk out the faction and make the line feel more rounded and "complete" (like with many AoS factions

This is how I feel.

Yeah, Idoneth is such a beautiful army. My regular opponent plays Idoneth and the army looks amazing. There are so many cool sea creatures that they could use as a base to make amazing monsters. I completely agree with your idea's. It baffles me that GW didn't already do a proper second wave for it. It has so much potential.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hollow said:

This is how I feel.

It would massively increase list diversity. Current DoK can feel a little stale at times due to the limited range.

• Like 1

I voted yes for selfish reasons. I want some of my old chaos units/armies back.

Chaos dwarfs.

Fimir.

Chaos Trolls.

And if I am being greedy, a Zoat sub faction for Beasts.

And yes I have been in this hobby long enough to have models for all and sizeable armies for the first 2.

Not sure if we need another new army, but we often get a big release in the spring don't we? I'm not completely sold on the starter box being stormcast vs skaven yet, but I'm kind of expecting a destruction release near the end of the edition. I've got no clue what that release will be though, but if I had to guess I'd put my money on a kruleboyz expansion with a new warclans book.
     We know the warclans book needs a rewrite, and the ironjawz supplement stuff is just kind of hanging around, plus a bunch of those REs seem like they could be kruleboyz.

• Like 2

I'd be fine if we didn't get a new army IF they change friggin' Realms already.  I'm super sick of Ghur.  I'd vote for Ulgu or Chamon, as those seem really interesting.  Maybe Andtor, being all magical and ******, will hold a realm-gate that stuff will travel through or something, yadda yadda.  Chamon is the Realm of Metal, so they could do some armor and weapon GHB rules/artefacts/spells.  Maybe turn guys into metal.  Of course if they go to Ulgu, that's the best reason to actually have a new army in the form of Umbraneth, or just a big ol' grand Dark Aelf warclans style book with Morathi and Malerion in there....aren't those shadowy Warcry d'aelves in the DoK book?

• Like 1