The Painting Contract - July 2023

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for July 2023.

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer and @Sparxius

• Thanks 1

I have another PtG game scheduled next Saturday, so I'm really keen to finish the Slann and the Spawn of Chotec. Then there's holiday and hopefully I can spare some more time for painting... but I will not make any particular plans.

• Like 1

A few days late but i finished the last Dryads. Decided to drybrush the bases with Moot Green for a glowy effect on the earth. Looks fine for now, might upgrade the bases at another time. Might still add some tufts.

20230702_143517.jpg.b1c1482d67afa3742a8aff64d7115f13.jpg20230702_143606.jpg.da9a0a50fc8893ed3a601c8a9d2a1815.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 5

I am painting terrain right now.

While I am straggling to finish one of the old Fortified Manor sets, I knocked out a quick Cleansing Aqualith:

20230709_1746122.jpg.17df5a3b65dc7cfca3e84273c24eac65.jpg

I recommend this kit for anyone looking for a quick two day project. It also looks super impressive. The GW floating island tech is really something nobody else is offering.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Getting a little burned out on Aeldari - switching back to a long time project lol

M2cOmX0.png

How do u keep yourself motivated? I am working through my pile of grey for a while now (i need to stop buying more than i can paint). I painted bunch of space orruks in one go and i am busy builing and painting a whole Sylvaneth army. It keeps happening that about half way through im getting tired of using the same paint scheme over and over again. It helps sometimes to paint something else in between i guess. Its always 100% worth it when finished and using them in games or placing them on the shelve.

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

How do u keep yourself motivated? I am working through my pile of grey for a while now (i need to stop buying more than i can paint). I painted bunch of space orruks in one go and i am busy builing and painting a whole Sylvaneth army. It keeps happening that about half way through im getting tired of using the same paint scheme over and over again. It helps sometimes to paint something else in between i guess. Its always 100% worth it when finished and using them in games or placing them on the shelve.

I think the main thing for me to is organize and coordinate my efforts toward dividing each army project into small 'leapfrog' projects. I try to complete one small project and then cycle to the next small one, and kind of just roll from one to the other so that things don't bog down for me too much.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Getting a little burned out on Aeldari - switching back to a long time project lol

M2cOmX0.png

Good luck! I have the Lumineth big box somewhere in the basement, so... maybe, someday. But not the cowboys, never.

• Like 1

A little late for the monthly pledge, so I'm going to try and just paint 4 models to completion this month. Time for painting is a lot harder to find in the summer months, but it's important to keep progressing. 

My first is a Fyreslayer. I'm trying to find ways to make these guys actually unique and different. One thing I plan on doing is different skin tones and facial hair colours. It allows for some "individuality" to enter the ranks. I'm also painting the runes on them in 3 ways: gold, like they are blazing, like they are burnt out. I think it will break up the minis a touch. We shall see. 

Next up is a Custodian Guard. This will be my 10th edition army. 

20230713_162801.jpg

20230713_160534.jpg

Edited by Lavieth
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1