Facehammer GT Winning Lists

TDK

I may or may not do a full write up, however for those people asking these are my two winning lists for the FacehammerGT:

I used the Skyborne Slayers 3 out of the 5 Games (mainly because I let @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) choose my list Game 1)

When I used the slayers the Two Dracoth riders took the extra -1 Rend and the General (Celestant on Foot) Reckless (re-roll charges within' 10")

Warrior Brotherhood Had the Lord on Dracoth as the General; Generally took Reckless to give a second unit dropping down a fair shot at a 9" charge and the extra -1 Rend. The Azyros would take either something to make him more fighty or more survivable.

LEADERS

Knight Azyros (100)

Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)

UNITS

Judicators x 5 (160)

- Skybolt Bows

- Shockbolt Bow : 1

Judicators x 5 (160)

- Skybolt Bows

Liberators x 5 (100) 

- Warhammer & Shield

- Grandblades : 1

Liberators x 5 (100) 

- Warhammer & Shield

- Grandhammer : 1

Liberators x 5 (100) 

- Warhammer & Shield

Paladin Retributors x 10 (440) 

- 4 Starsoul Mace

Paladin Protectors x 10 (400)

- 4 Starsoul Mace

Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins x 3 (80)

- 1 Trident

BATTALIONS Warrior Brotherhood (140)

WOUNDS: 128 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

LEADERS

Lord Celestant (100)

UNITS

Judicators x 5 (160)

- Skybolt Bows

Judicators x 5 (160)

- Skybolt Bows

Liberators x 5 (100) 

- Warhammer & Shield

Liberators x 5 (100) 

- Warhammer & Shield

Paladin Decimators x 10 (400) 

- 4 Starsoul Mace

Paladin Protectors x 10 (400)

- 4 Starsoul Mace

BATTALIONS

The Skyborne Slayers (140)

WOUNDS: 119 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

Feel free to ask questions!

Cheers

Sam

Which were the toughest match ups?

Did you play any of the "filth" lists, e.g. Clan Skryre? I would have thought that match up would havbe suited you - as you can cherry pick what to deploy each turn, but they have to drop 50% or nothing, so you can pop down a few scoring units and force them to overcommit, then destroy them, while keeping stuff in reserve.

4 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

I usually use Celestant prime and 2 fulminators outside of the SS batallion. Also knight venator, and i haven't lost a game yet. Might try the warrior brotherhood soon :D Thanks.

I speak about the Prime on my face hammer TV interview, I feel in the Match Play format he is such a points investment that I can't make myself take him. Same deal with the fulminators, they're great but they're only two models; for cheaper you can get 5 more bodies in the Paladins.

4 hours ago, MOMUS said:

What were you most impressed by in the list?

What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of the brotherhood are?

Dictating the pace is where it's at. Liberators, I'm impressed with Liberators.

In the Slayers list (I used game 1-3) the decimators were the stand out choice; having 50 and 53 attacks in two of the games.

Also the two Celestant on Dracoth. They're so Tanky and can smash out a lot of Damage. With the extra rend (putting them at -2 Rend) Tempestos hammer giving me D3 extra attacks when I charge hitting on 3+(2+ when the Celestant uses his command ability) and wounding on 2+, dealing D3 Damage, you also have the dracoth and the shooting on top of that. Plus they have a 3+ Re-Roll 1 Saves, that deal a mortal wound when making the re-roll. They're actually arguably mini-primes that influence the game from turn 1.

Edit: Also, the Weakness in the list is knowing when to drop really. If your opponent can block out any decent area for you to drop and zone you out in order to force you into a sub-optimal position then you're on the back foot. 

3 hours ago, Nico said:

Which were the toughest match ups?

Did you play any of the "filth" lists, e.g. Clan Skryre? I would have thought that match up would havbe suited you - as you can cherry pick what to deploy each turn, but they have to drop 50% or nothing, so you can pop down a few scoring units and force them to overcommit, then destroy them, while keeping stuff in reserve.

I had the option to play Skryre game 3. I faced 2 FEC lists, 1 TK list, 1 Destruction list that had the ruck backed up with Brutes, Stonehorns, Wyverns - real nasty list, he made mistake in deployment and my super tec (Decimators) cleaned up the Arrows

2 hours ago, kozokus said:

What is the point of the Lord(s) Celestant on Dracoth? I mean, Why take them and not take a unit of fulminators instead?

See above. The list was also designed to play in 3 Places of Power, I needed the heroes to push up and claim the objectives. Plus, they're two separate threats; they're my favourite part of the list for the reasons stated above. 

20 minutes ago, Neil Peckett said:

Skyborne Slayers really do seem to be a 'go to' formation don't they? Perhaps I should be buying myself a couple more boxes of Paladins!

Neil

Warrior Brotherhood and Skyborne Slayers paired together in this two list format is where its at. The Slayers cover the weakness of the Brotherhood and the Brotherhood covers the weakness of the slayers.

You should really Read the Facehammer GT rules pack to get the full picture. The gist of it was the event allowed you to take two lists. Before each game you both, read each others lists pick one of your own lists in secret and reveal it together.

54 minutes ago, TDK said:

You should really Read the Facehammer GT rules pack to get the full picture. The gist of it was the event allowed you to take two lists. Before each game you both, read each others lists pick one of your own lists in secret and reveal it together.

I understand. So your opponent read you list and decided to not field Skryre against you? Do you think that was the right choice by your opponent? Do you think that would have been a good matchup for you?

6 hours ago, TDK said:

Warrior Brotherhood and Skyborne Slayers paired together in this two list format is where its at. The Slayers cover the weakness of the Brotherhood and the Brotherhood covers the weakness of the slayers.

Can you please explain what weakness of the Brotherhood ther Slayers cover? I rly dont get it, because in my opinion the Brotherhood (with Azyros) is better in every aspect?!?

55 minutes ago, Louzi said:

Can you please explain what weakness of the Brotherhood ther Slayers cover? I rly dont get it, because in my opinion the Brotherhood (with Azyros) is better in every aspect?!?

Immune to battle shock. Decimators destroy hordes, two Dracoth Lords are nails, can spread where you drop and be 5" away from the opponent and attack in two different places and be 10" away from the Celestant for re-roll charges...list goes on.

Still dont get it. I play the Brotherhood with the Celestant on Dracoth and Azyros. So I am already immune against battleshock. With the Azyros I get even closer than 5", mostly 3". If you want to play Decimators, you can choose them for Brotherhood, too. If you rly want 2 Celestand on Dracoths (I think one is enough) you can add. I rly dont understand your arguments oO

1 hour ago, Louzi said:

Still dont get it. I play the Brotherhood with the Celestant on Dracoth and Azyros. So I am already immune against battleshock. With the Azyros I get even closer than 5", mostly 3". If you want to play Decimators, you can choose them for Brotherhood, too. If you rly want 2 Celestand on Dracoths (I think one is enough) you can add. I still dont get it oO

I wont go into it too much; each list has be specifically designed with the scenarios in mind. Two heroes aren't enough for 3 Places of power and you can't fit two Dracoths in the warrior brotherhood and have two units of 10 Paladins.

The Skyborne list was developed for 3 Places of Power and to play against horde/mortal wound spam armies. The Dracoth in the Warrior brotherhood has to be used as a Pinning piece, when he dies your armies can be battleshocked off. The Azyros is used more like the Banner to drop an alpha strike. If you only have a single Azyros you really have to anchor in one place or drop defensively. 

I was watching whenever I could over the weekend and was rooting for you man!

You didn't disappoint. 

I think you did a great job with the lists, the Decimators in one and Retributors in the other was a great choice and you dropped them in the right places and used them to great effect. 

In the FEC game I was saying 

"wow SCE are really scary in Escalation, being able to start with 2 units of Judicators is strong!"

Followed ahortly by

"Hold on, if they drop a vampire Lord on zombie dragon and a terroefgheist in the same turn, that's gonna be hard to deal with!"

then "oh wait Sam has 10 Protectors and 10 Retributors... He'll deal with them no problem!"

Was great fun to watch and you were a great opponent. The @FaceHammertwitch feed was a fantastic advert for the tournament scene.

Seeing you do so well and pull out the win was awesome. Was super happy for you bro! Well done!

I think we might have to get a grudge set up for the next event I'm at :)

Aaron

3 hours ago, Forestreveries said:

I was watching whenever I could over the weekend and was rooting for you man!

You didn't disappoint. 

I think you did a great job with the lists, the Decimators in one and Retributors in the other was a great choice and you dropped them in the right places and used them to great effect. 

In the FEC game I was saying 

"wow SCE are really scary in Escalation, being able to start with 2 units of Judicators is strong!"

Followed ahortly by

"Hold on, if they drop a vampire Lord on zombie dragon and a terroefgheist in the same turn, that's gonna be hard to deal with!"

then "oh wait Sam has 10 Protectors and 10 Retributors... He'll deal with them no problem!"

Was great fun to watch and you were a great opponent. The @FaceHammertwitch feed was a fantastic advert for the tournament scene.

Seeing you do so well and pull out the win was awesome. Was super happy for you bro! Well done!

I think we might have to get a grudge set up for the next event I'm at :)

Aaron

Thanks bro! Means a lot! X

Yeah I thought the @Facehammer crew did an outstanding job. It was a great advert for the scene as you said. 

We will def have to get a Grudge in!! X

Archived