Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

Overread

• 1 month later...

WHAT ?!?! 

How Expencive can Archer Go.... ?! Mhmm But some other thinks are cool. Maybe we See Keeper and Glutos Back in Action ?!?!

Painbringer and so maybe are some cool Changes too but is it real ... mhmm...

Euphoric Killers in both combat phases makes that sound like pure wishlisting to me.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd be excited for the change, and it might work to push melee builds into favour, but it throws the calculations on DP generation way out of whack for them to just toss into a battlescroll, I think.

• Thanks 1

Not gonna lie. This battlescroll is yet another disappointment for my hedonites. The few point drops won t do anything for the army who needs help and when most factions see their melee range go up to 2" but we don t 😪

Edited by azdimy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Comparing slick blades, 20 daemonettes and fiends

Movement 

1. Slickblades best movement no comparison.

2. Fiends and daemonettes fairly comparable. Fiends 12 base but daemonettes can keep up with a cp and get a +1 to run and charge. Can argue Fiends edge out daemonettes because lack of need for a resource.

Survival

Surviving melee

All 3 are actually fairly close Fiends may edge out most cases. Because of -1 to H and W. 

Surviving magic and shooting

1. Daemonettes because they have a 5+ rally and 20 wounds

2. Slickblades because of wound count.

3. Fiends Lack of wounds and not much they can do to counter

There is  a but for magic Fiends and daemonettes are eligible for wizard hunting battalion with the 5+ignore spell and endless spell. This puts slick blades last in magic survival. 

Damage output

Damage to 1 w models

Slick blades and daemonettes fairly close. Slick blades edge out around 4+ or higher save. Daemonettes win when dealing woth unmodified saves due to volume. Fiends falls behind.

Damge to 2 w models.

All 3 are competitive close. But dealing with  4+ armour or more goes to slick blades then fiends. Then unmodified goes to daemonettes.

Damage to 3 w models 

Fiends daemonettes close fiends win again higher armour Slickblades completely fall off due to no longer getting bonus attack.

Damge to 4w or more

1. Fiends by a large margin.

2. Daemonettes 

3 slick blades.

There is a but for the damage out put the wizard hunting battalion can net a bonus attack for fiends and daemonettes when targeting wizards. Granted this is for killing heroes. But thier are  hand full of armies having multi model units being wizards above a certain model count Lumineth and tzeentch I know have these units though not used a lot.

Overall

Daemonettes tend to be more well rounded and are batle line. Slickblades favor lots of models with 2 or less wounds. While fiends favor 2 or more wound type armies more elite armies. though I think there may be an argument  fiends and daemonettes may outright be better then slick blades when fiends and daemonettes are in wizard hunting battalion. 

• Like 2

Interesting bit of analysis. I do think Daemonettes are a little underrated. I sometimes take a unit of 20 of them, and they perform OK. Not fantastic... but not a waste of the points, either. 

Slickblade Seekers, though, are a compulsory inclusion. It's almost a bit tedious, having to field them every time. 

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Interesting bit of analysis. I do think Daemonettes are a little underrated. I sometimes take a unit of 20 of them, and they perform OK. Not fantastic... but not a waste of the points, either. 

Slickblade Seekers, though, are a compulsory inclusion. It's almost a bit tedious, having to field them every time. 

Slickblades seem to only shine because of mobility. They don't really excel far above daemonettes on damage and daemonettes scale better on buff because they have more attacks. When you factor in a lot of slaanesh players build 1drops to pick turn order. If you go second and let your opponent move they can now be nuked by daemonettes which are more likely to get you to the first tier of buffs.

It also depends on your local meta but because of where points sit. I don't think slick blades are as auto include as people think.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 5:54 AM, Poryague said:

It also depends on your local meta but because of where points sit. I don't think slick blades are as auto include as people thin

Jes u could be right. I think the Melee is not strong enough by Slaneesh compare to shooting (in fact with combi, Seeker, Archer, LoP).

I think GW can/must change the EuphoricKillers so u really really want Melee all the time. At the moment i am totally fine with the first step (-1 to Hit for your army) and need not step 2 or 3. 

So i charge with the Sickblades in turn 1 and the collect the DP i need and good. So.. this is it. But hej ich would really try other List with Fiends and or Damonetts with a Keeper. Mhmm ... maybe.

On 3/12/2024 at 4:54 AM, Poryague said:

Slickblades seem to only shine because of mobility. They don't really excel far above daemonettes on damage and daemonettes scale better on buff because they have more attacks. 

Whilst this is true, I'd add that that mobility is absolutely crucial.  Even if you're just using slickblades to punch a screen out T1 for +10 depravity, their extra 8" of movement over daemonettes/fiends means they won't have to deploy right on the starting line for a reliable charge and can be kept safe with your own screens.  Or, ideally, it means they've got the movement to threaten juicier stuff behind the enemy screening lines.

I'm not necessarily looking to maximise damage with these units, I just need something that can hit for at least 12 wounds ASAP so that I don't lose the game immediately, and slickblades remain the best option for that despite their middling damage output, imo.  I'm running a 6 fiends list currently, but it still also needs a slickblade unit for a reliable, punchy, early charge.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Whilst this is true, I'd add that that mobility is absolutely crucial.  Even if you're just using slickblades to punch a screen out T1 for +10 depravity, their extra 8" of movement over daemonettes/fiends means they won't have to deploy right on the starting line for a reliable charge and can be kept safe with your own screens.  Or, ideally, it means they've got the movement to threaten juicier stuff behind the enemy screening lines.

I'm not necessarily looking to maximise damage with these units, I just need something that can hit for at least 12 wounds ASAP so that I don't lose the game immediately, and slickblades remain the best option for that despite their middling damage output, imo.  I'm running a 6 fiends list currently, but it still also needs a slickblade unit for a reliable, punchy, early charge.

The max threat range of slick blades is 32 and 26 for daemonettes. So it would be closer to 6 inch difference on average especially if you command daemonettes 6 and they get a +1 to run and charge.

There 4 battle plans that operates at 24 inches. Where slickblades would probably fall into auto including. So if we are talking tournaments would depend on if you know battle plans ahead of time. If all plans are 18 inches apart that will change the math.

Also depends on armies that show up not all armies necessary go 1 drop though a lot chase it. If we get to go second. It gives an edgout to daemonettes. Daemonettes are not far behind slickblads. 

I have run 10 Painbringers in the past, but found them fairly lackluster.  They're +1 save ability can be deceptively tricky to trigger in some missions, and their damage output is fairly middling until you can get up to 24 dp.  And, of course, 1" weapons on 32mm bases is always a pain to deal with, but perhaps that won't be a big issue of 4th edition makes changes in that area.

On paper I like them, but in practice they didn't really work how I'd like them to.  2x5 is potentially interesting as high armour objective sitters with a bit of punch, but at that point I'd almost rather just run 2x5 Twinsouls as little mini-screens to blunt potential charges.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

mhmm...

i'am more interesst in the new AoS coming.

I hope Painbringers will become very cheap so i can take my 30 pice to the board (with the new 3" Range in Melee they mitght have a chance ;) )

Any idea why Slaanesh is suddenly doing better at events? The point drops we got in the last battlescroll don t seem enough to justify it but maybe we only needed those extra 20-30 pts for the list to hold?

I ve been seeing more Invaders lists also at events when they were absolutely never played after the initial faq we got a year ago!

8 hours ago, azdimy said:

Any idea why Slaanesh is suddenly doing better at events? The point drops we got in the last battlescroll don t seem enough to justify it but maybe we only needed those extra 20-30 pts for the list to hold?

I ve been seeing more Invaders lists also at events when they were absolutely never played after the initial faq we got a year ago!

I nearly always play Invaders, but that's mainly becsuse I like the lore and the Icon of Infinite Excess! Nothing more tactical than that. 

But no idea why we're suddenly doing better. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Pleasant, but hardly game-changing stuff. The Exalted Chariots still don't seem like a good option. The drop on Painbringers and Twinsouls is unexpected, but goo

I hope it will be a look in the future and the upcoming Edition. I think in the beginning the Edition 4.0 will be very MeleeStile. Maybe Your Painbringer/Twin Armys get a change. Or Some Idees of Chariots. We will see what the is coming...