Incarnates army in the future? just guessing

Augusto

Very possible! Something like Primordial Realm-Incarnates for their tome that mirrors the Sons of Behemat as Destruction forces anyone can use or go on their own with new binding rules so they don’t need a hero or run wild.(maybe bind to eachother and start supercharged but get weaker as each one is stopped?)

It’d certainly help to organize them all if we’re getting multiple Incarnates per Realm.

I remember when Endless Spells were getting teased but they didn’t reveal what they did yet that I thought it might be a new faction of all living spells that are independent of wizards. Would love to see the Elementals take up that mantle!

• Like 1

So.... just Gargants? I really hope not, also please make the Gargants 25% weaker and 25% less points, let them take 1 more now the game is more fun for everyone bc each one is weaker and easier to kill now you can kill 3-4 and feel good instead of killing 2-3 (also count less on points). 

Players like big things, but they are so hard to actually balance on the tables you should just make it more models to have more granularity in balance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 8:42 PM, Maddpainting said:

So.... just Gargants? I really hope not, also please make the Gargants 25% weaker and 25% less points, let them take 1 more now the game is more fun for everyone bc each one is weaker and easier to kill now you can kill 3-4 and feel good instead of killing 2-3 (also count less on points). 

Players like big things, but they are so hard to actually balance on the tables you should just make it more models to have more granularity in balance.

I don't think SoB players are really itching for their $800 army to arbitrarily go to $1000, personally.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, madmac said:

I don't think SoB players are really itching for their $800 army to arbitrarily go to $1000, personally.

There are other armies are 1k if not more, how is this any different from those? You should see a BoC army with a summoning pool of at least options. Its a costly hobby sadly, yes some armies are $500-600 but others are 1200-1500. 

Edited by Maddpainting

2 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

There are other armies are 1k if not more, how is this any different from those? You should see a BoC army with a summoning pool of at least options. Its a costly hobby sadly, yes some armies are $500-600 but others are 1200-1500. 

Don't get me started on a Slaanesh army with a full summoning pool. I'm glad I came in from 40k daemons, back when 10 daemonettes were less than $30 a box.

5 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

The existence of very expensive armies doesn't mean one is not entitled to push back/ be angry when another army suddenly becomes more expensive though 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marcvs said:

The existence of very expensive armies doesn't mean one is not entitled to push back/ be angry when another army suddenly becomes more expensive though 🤷‍♂️

I agree. However there are some nice budget options for gargants, like the Mantic giant, which is the right size for only $60 last I saw.

Also to be fair, viable builds change every time a book gets updated, and ~$200 (if going for the official GW plastic) isn't uncommon to spend on rebuilding a list towards more effective options for a new book in most cases.

Compared to constructed decks for MTG that's on the reasonable side of expensive.

Edited by CeleFAZE

• 2 weeks later...

After finally borrowing a copy of Throndia and reading it I would say no.  They really seem like just tool pieces per edition cycle.  

I would be surprised if we saw all 8.  It would mean GW has 24 years of planning predicted out coupled with each edition being a realm, and a supplement for each realm.  24 years takes us really far into what 3D printing will be doing.

I look back at supplements over the years and I just don't see that level of singularity.  Things change too much.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, Popisdead said:

After finally borrowing a copy of Throndia and reading it I would say no.  They really seem like just tool pieces per edition cycle.  

Can’t say I agree, cracking open my Limited Edition Thondia tome and just scanning it for a few minutes I ran into multiple mentions of the elementals increasing in number and power that’ll change the future of warfare in the Realms.

image.jpeg.9366fea12a9479406855d2271ee69030.jpeg
image.jpeg.7c0443970775df8b74f5a9c34fc98446.jpeg
image.jpeg.a4278100c07ae5cb45a0d7391de70cf7.jpeg

image.jpeg.87ae4fbed9572ccd308bfc875be9158a.jpeg

And that’s not getting into the other battletomes talking about their own elemental problems like the ones the Sylvaneth are hunting down or the dancing fire elementals in Aqshy and now primordial forces stirring beneath the Fyreslayers volcanoes.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, Popisdead said:

I would be surprised if we saw all 8.  It would mean GW has 24 years of planning predicted out coupled with each edition being a realm, and a supplement for each realm.

Last year I saw people reporting they said at the shareholder meetings “they have the basics of the next 50 years planned out and want a stable cycle of 4-5 updated armies and 1 new army per year for AoS”.

Likely embellishments to make the shareholders happy but it still shows how far they have their ideas ready.

It’s already looking very likely that we’re getting multiple incarnates per Realm & edition since an early rumor was a Spider Incarnate and now we’re in giant insect riddled Gallet with spider-skull rumors  popping up that’d suit the new Incarnate:

image.jpeg.aa014cb453f8721c8f94f9280bdac392.jpeg

On 9/3/2022 at 2:20 PM, madmac said:

Yeah that was already done in AoS2 when SoB started with needing Mancrusher battlelines which defeated the purpose of it being the AoS faction equivalent to Imperial Knights and made a great many fans upset.

Compare that to AoS3 making their leaders battleline and the uproar of positivity that had so people can actually do 1-4 unit forces and it’s pretty clear what the right path was. That AoS3 continues to make armies smaller and battlelines more available it’s safe to say things will only improve in that direction.

Like if they make Mega-Gargants weaker they’ll make them hit harder with options to mega-heal or resurrect upon death(like with their Ghyran club item), not increase the numbers needed. Similar to Skaven who shrunk down and stick around via healing instead of needing more models.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:41 PM, Augusto said:

Anyone else had the thought that, once we have multiple (maybe 4, 5 , 6 , or even more) types of Incarnates, they could be a brand new army on their own?. They even could be the new destruccion army of 3.0 or 4.0

The new Tzeentch Endless Spell buffs to keep them from being dispelled has me very hopeful now that can be employed for an Incarnates faction later.

image.jpeg.f262fb091c7a265ebd4bd0fe0d640df9.jpeg

That could be a good way to keep the Incarnates alive until turn 2 when they become more and more vulnerable to anti-magic tactics and damage.

Basically start out a literal tempest force of supernatural powers and if the enemy can weather that then they slowly start to lose power and can have the tide turned against them.

Also can throw in all the Endless Spells as being absorbed by the Incarnates and now deployable as summon units.

Here’s pics from different tourneys 3 weeks ago and a number of people’s own takes that makes me want a magic incarnate force even more:

image.jpeg.3b92c0e15b2226a9566416b2851d2536.jpeg
31qi687a19n91.jpg

image.jpeg.17e40bb891f571ad28e1c58f45031149.jpeg

bm3kqtopdfo91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

it’d be amazing to have a SoB style army of pure eldritch constructs like this! 🤩

The Mortal Realms are living semi-sentient things already so manifesting their own armies would be a natural progression like anti-bodies to protect themselves.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Can’t say I agree, cracking open my Limited Edition Thondia tome and just scanning it for a few minutes I ran into multiple mentions of the elementals increasing in number and power that’ll change the future of warfare in the Realms

Last year I saw people reporting they said at the shareholder meetings “they have the basics of the next 50 years planned out and want a stable cycle of 4-5 updated armies and 1 new army per year for AoS”.

I cracked open a limited edition of Thondia and saw that whilst they may be increasing in years to come it logistically means they will have 7 more elementals.   Nothing in the book implies an army of them across the realms. 

I'm sure they have 50 years planned out.  bean-counters have to do something to prove they have value haha.

But think about this, elementals have been around for 40 years and we have never seen a variant of an army of them and if you look GW loves reusing old ideas in new formats.

Nothing about having 8 elementals on the table makes sense in anyway as an army.

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

Nothing about having 8 elementals on the table makes sense in anyway as an army.

I mean that’s better statistics than Ironjawz, 2015 Everchosen(just Archaon and his Varanguard) and Sons of Behemat had.

Also I strongly believe it’s 2-3 elementals per Realm, not just 1 per Realm.(like Ghur is looking to have the Krondspine, Spider and whatever Donse or Lendu pops out)

making an Incarnate army closer to 16-24 units + Endless Spell support possible.

That’s plenty for battleline options and variety on new Incarnate rules making some pseudo-artillery, Wizards & priests as they rampage.