Barak Votann, Kharadron engineering let loose

9 hours ago, EntMan said:

image.png.2eb04370b7ac73de87020890499564b8.png

Weren't there some recent Rumour Engines with three fingered somethings? Can't remember them exactly so not sure if they fit with Kin Robots.

I'm not sure, but I love the detail of fingerless gloves on the robot. It's not neccessary, but it's a choice they made.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I'm not sure, but I love the detail of fingerless gloves on the robot. It's not neccessary, but it's a choice they made.

Yes there was one with two arms holding similar tools/hoses from a few weeks ago..https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html#2022-05-17

I think this one might be the Kin engineer that they accompany ..https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html#2021-06-29

I think he looks very cool and ripe for conversion .. clockwork automata serving with the fleets..

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 8:27 PM, EntMan said:

What is the normal time scale between 'pre-order' and actual availability?

Usually a week.

Guerrilla Games did a good wee video showing them off- here. The faces look pretty cool as the visors are separate and they look very posable with ball and socket joints. I wasn't sold on them, much prefer the Votann look, but actually I think they look quite fun and you could kitbash them with KO  for some very interesting looks. Wonder if trimmed KO helmets might work or the profiteers axes and swords. Think might get a set just for fun. Oh and they said there will be a Leagues Squad reveal this week on Community! 

• Like 4

image.png.fe349cfd09e505f33f648fbaf1e49978.png

Some size comparisons for you:

Chosen Axes Fyreslayer. Unfinished marine, Old school Squat.  Ironbreaker. First edition Dungeon Bowl Dwarf.

(btw, do my unpainted human, orc, dwarf and elf teams from 2nd edition bloodbowl and 1st dungeonbowl count as the oldest pile of shame?)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, EntMan said:

The Vartijan Exo-Driller is in the preview this week. Yay!

But it's conformed as being forge world 😥 Does this mean it'll be stupidly expensive?

The Goliath Berserker is £28.50 and he's about the same size as the Ambots. The Cawdor Stig-shambler is £33.50. I'm guessing he'll be around that £30ish price range.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

The Goliath Berserker is £28.50 and he's about the same size as the Ambots. The Cawdor Cawdor Stig-shambler is £33.50. I'd guess he'll be in a similar price range as those two.

OK, that's not too bad. Especially compared to Grendlson or Gunnstien for £22 each. 

Is all FW stuff resin?

Exo-driller available for pre-order from forgeworld. £28.50 isn't bad I don't think especially when compared to some individual foot hero models.

Choice of heavy bolter or heavy flamer.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/necromunda-squat-vartijan-exo-driller-2022

Nice details on the back too:

image.png.2d548a7af51dab214cc01170f2113ff9.pngimage.png.489f15d59b2f50be806bf863a58447b8.png

(Can forgeworld stuff be ordered into a warhammer shop like regular stuff to avoid the postage cost?)

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EntMan said:

Where are the bugs from?

Wargames Atlantic spiders https://wargamesatlantic.com/collections/classic-fantasy/products/giant-spiders. I like this box, there are 12 small spiders, 12 bodies wrapped in silk and 12 posable big spiders in the box with a decent selection of limbs. Cost is nice as well, the box is about €30 ($35)

• Thanks 1

image.png.184267616582713e2f497e5169b9b952.png

Some details of the Necrosquat head options available. These all look nice and dwarfy/squatty and when I get and build mine I think I'll be leaving of the helmet lids. Not sure when the Kin are arriving but thinking I might be doing a bit of mix and matching with Kin, Necrosquats and Kharadron so hoping the scales match.

Bitzbox has a handy breakdown of all the individual components: https://www.bitzbox.co.uk/index.php/ash-wastes-ironhead-squat-prospectors-c-311_312_482_493

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

image.png.184267616582713e2f497e5169b9b952.png

Some details of the Necrosquat head options available. These all look nice and dwarfy/squatty and when I get and build mine I think I'll be leaving of the helmet lids. Not sure when the Kin are arriving but thinking I might be doing a bit of mix and matching with Kin, Necrosquats and Kharadron so hoping the scales match.

Bitzbox has a handy breakdown of all the individual components: https://www.bitzbox.co.uk/index.php/ash-wastes-ironhead-squat-prospectors-c-311_312_482_493

Do note that these guys are quite large, very similar bulk to Kharadron Thunderers

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The Kharadron stealth updates slowly come to fruition.

These are so cool as hybrid Steampunk/Sci-fi sky-captain adventurers.

gzx953nrycr91.jpg?width=3096&format=pjpg
5pxt06nrycr91.jpg?width=3096&format=pjpg

Really fun play on styles between the runic coat but space-sealed Astro-armor that can see this airship captain exploring the skies, seas or even claiming a moon in the Aether to mine & fortify.

Also loved those painter ones, several would be dead-on for Aqshy Skyports with the Kharadron going both “Grimnir native” while packing on the heat-resistant armor to survive in the scorching sulphuric skies and acid rains of the Realm of Fire.

image.jpeg.196c0f382a51b23f637cc532b0c7f50a.jpeg
image.jpeg.1933cb454d96012f7c1a5a0d47155bc9.jpeg
image.jpeg.13ebd12fbb6cb304908c2c4adaaf047d.jpeg

(honestly with a slight lava & naval twist you can even have these guys be a Port that’s crazy enough to go deep-sea diving in Aqshy’s more treacherous oceans of flame & rainbow-colored acid as they clunk around the sea-floors for lost relics magically protected from the acids or vast magma vents of undersea Aether-gold that Grimnir once kept hidden in abyssal volcanic chambers from his brother in a feud)

Lastly, shout-out to @EntMan for these great comparison shots!

image.jpeg.4311927c0b2ca02efd0c281fd22faed7.jpeg
image.jpeg.0bf80b05ebd62a673c0ef151821945b3.jpeg
image.jpeg.683f7abac6734ea0287dff3b5cfa2610.jpeg

image.jpeg.69f44283ad5fbf9105b265c3f32374a2.jpeg

Little bigger but that fits with how heavy-duty this suits look that’d do nicely for more narratively extreme environmental situations Kharadron could find themselves in on their otherworldly adventures.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1