Stormbringer - Age of Sigmar partworks from Hachette info thread

EonChao

44 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

thank you so much!! I'm in the US so unable to do this @Baron Klatz 😩 I'm making peace with not getting the unique Praetor lmao

Issue 5 containing the unique Praetor is currently available for preorder through Forbidden Planet's webstore and they do ship internationally. So it might cost you a little bit but you can probably get her.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, EonChao said:

Issue 5 containing the unique Praetor is currently available for preorder through Forbidden Planet's webstore and they do ship internationally. So it might cost you a little bit but you can probably get her.

so you can preorder this? feels weird to pay for it currently, with no actual picture or description https://forbiddenplanet.com/380603-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-stormbringer-5/

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

so you can preorder this? feels weird to pay for it currently, with no actual picture or description https://forbiddenplanet.com/380603-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-stormbringer-5/

I preordered issue 5 already, I wanted the Praetor but didn’t want to commit to the monthly outgoing of subscribing, plus I already have 2 Dominion boxes that I haven’t finished.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrimDork said:

I preordered issue 5 already, I wanted the Praetor but didn’t want to commit to the monthly outgoing of subscribing, plus I already have 2 Dominion boxes that I haven’t finished.

That's what I've done. Krondys/Karazai is very tempting, but I have a big enough pile of grey already that I don't want to commit to buying everything. I'll buy issue 10 as well when it becomes available for pre-order, as I've wanted the Truthseekers for a while, but don't want to get the Kruleboyz warband with then it pay eBay prices. I'll probably try to pick up Bastian too when he becomes available.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

This is normal. I think either FP can be sometimes messy updating the listings or they don't have all the covers from Hachette on time. But I used to order individual issues through them for the entire run of Mortal Realms and never had a problem.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

You don't pay for it until it's ready to ship with Forbidden Planet, at least in the UK, maybe that's different for international orders. But that issue has been confirmed by Fauxhammer, Hachette and now Warhammer Community as being the one with the new Praetor figure. So if you want her that's probably the best way of doing so. And if it's showing as available for pre-order that pretty much guarantees you'll get it as Forbidden Planet are good at cutting off preorders for stuff before they become too many to satisfy. Every issue of Imperium or Mortal Realms I ordered extra of came as ordered, even the 6 copies of the Firestrike Servo Turret and 3 copies of the Flayed Ones issues which were in heavy demand.

4 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

That's what I've done. Krondys/Karazai is very tempting, but I have a big enough pile of grey already that I don't want to commit to buying everything. I'll buy issue 10 as well when it becomes available for pre-order, as I've wanted the Truthseekers for a while, but don't want to get the Kruleboyz warband with then it pay eBay prices. I'll probably try to pick up Bastian too when he becomes available.

You have much more willpower than me! And that is the sensible approach

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EonChao said:

You have much more willpower than me! And that is the sensible approach

I was very tempted, and I can't guarantee I won't still cave. But I've sold enough grey at a (small) loss to have mostly learned my lesson about buying stuff I probably can't find time to paint. I am, sadly, no longer fifteen ☹️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I was very tempted, and I can't guarantee I won't still cave. But I've sold enough grey at a (small) loss to have mostly learned my lesson about buying stuff I probably can't find time to paint. I am, sadly, no longer fifteen ☹️

Oh I know what you mean. I've not sold anything from my backlog yet but I'm getting very aware how big it is and trying to get as much of it painted as I can.

Hey guys!

We have just published a full in depth look into the contents, the costs, values and even how many points you get for each faction!

https://spruesandbrews.com/2023/02/15/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-stormbringer-magazine-breaking-down-the-cost-savings-and-points-values/

We also check out the premium subscription and see if it is worth subscribing to!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Not much lore here in these first 2 issues, just the basics of the setting, the fact that there's a grand alliance of order and a grand alliance of destruction, and that the Stormcast and Kruelboyz are two of the many factions in the game (the two grand alliance pages also briefly talk about Sylvaneth, Kharadron, Ironjawz and Gloomspite to set up their issues). The Kruleboyz are painted unapologetically as cruel creatures practicing their brutality in the swamps away from "decent folk" whilst the Stormcast are brave heroes who know only duty etc. I doubt this view will change as the series goes on. I guess at least Stormcast aren't quite as bad as the Space Marines.

I do like the fact it comes with naming and background charts for characters and units on both sides of the game. I'm going to be playing through the campaign with a younger family member so I'll let them roll the dice to pick those when we get to playing but I'm not reading the campaign stuff itself too much until we get to each mission.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just got an email back on my order from Forbidden Planet for shipping. I ordered #1 together with a preorder for #5 and it ended up being about 20 USD shipping for both of them together to the States.

I didn't think about it but it might have cost less if I didn't end up with a split order. Their site says they ship stuff as available but will only charge shipping once.

Edited by Akylas

On 3/1/2023 at 2:10 PM, Akylas said:

I just got an email back on my order from Forbidden Planet for shipping. I ordered #1 together with a preorder for #5 and it ended up being about 20 USD shipping for both of them together to the States.

I didn't think about it but it might have cost less if I didn't end up with a split order. Their site says they ship stuff as available but will only charge shipping once.

so they'll still honor the order then and ship to the US?

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

so they'll still honor the order then and ship to the US?

Yes, they'll ship to the US. The shipping can get pretty expensive from what I understand. I guess it jumps up a lot at a certain package weight, but that isn't from personal experience.

Shipping wasn't given at checkout, but they sent an email later with the amount and only confirmed and charged the order after I replied.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...