AoS 3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Arzalyn

My vote on cavalry as well. Something like the boat guy in nighthaunt could be cool as well (ie means to teleport around units), they need to lean in way more into the sneaky/ambush lore imo. Generally mobility is the main thing I would like to see improved, survivability should come from screening and moving around, avoiding fair figths, so I would not really like to see heavy infantry (or leaning into monsters too much tbh), kinda like trolls though so wouldnt cry a river if we got that 😅

• Like 2

I'd like to see the breaka tribe so a big focus on monsters and beasts. We could get cavalry (some kind of swamp strider bird would be cool), heavy cav (maybe crocodiles or frogs?), a non-hero behemoth, some elite "infantry" - maybe beast packs or troggoths (just let fellwaters do double duty? it would make sense).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:00 AM, Lavieth said:

Is anyone here at LVO and interested in getting the Killaboss? I would really like one, but am never able to attend LVO.  Please pm me and Let's talk about it.

+1 ☝️

On 1/22/2024 at 6:28 AM, LiftForSwift said:

Was Killaboss Zagnog available at LVO?

Apparently but I have yet to see proof. 

Calvary: Preferably gnashtoof and not something silly. I'm a fan of continuity across calvary in an army. 

Grots: Love some kind of grot trapper unit or some other grot focused unit. 

Breast-Breaka: A unit in the warcry monsta killaz style with a short ranged bow or two hander option. Ambush tactics, etc. 

Heavy: Three model 50mm swamp troggs. (Moss sloggoth,  new double duty fellwate, something new, etc)

Transport/ heavy support: Big gnarly water buffalo looking beasty that can transport 11 models. 

Edited by Vasshpit

My wishlist for kruleboyz V4 :

Rules

- Dirty tricks (2 options)

- rework the effect of them and you can use one each battle round . In addition , mannok allow you to pick up a second dirty trick each round .

- Change them to dirty tactics : you can pick up one tactic between different ones. Each tactic give different effect / playstyle . In this case I can see a new hero coming that would allow you to swap between dirty tactic during the game . 

- Skullbugz : rework the rule to while your unit remains within X of a kruleboyz monster , the units have +1 save (they drink poisons after all , they should feel less pain)

Warscroll

Gobsprakk : gain warmaster keyword 

Murknob : 2 options

- remove leader tag

- Become a priest 

Breakaboss : regeneration ability similar to Gloomspite troggoth 

Marshcrawla Sloggoth : gives +1 melee attack to kruleboyz unit with 12’’ and regeneration ability similar to Gloomspite troggoth 

Gutrippaz : hacka do 1 more attack than stikka 

Monsta killaz : become battleline of the general is a breakaboss 

New Units :

- Elite gutrippaz (similar to the flail unit in daggokIMG_6938.png.183798842725422a9f13c56ce0c1b49c.png) or gitzsnatcha warriors (like this unit in mannok krewIMG_6937.jpeg.285dd9ed897ab2c38f950a15d2ae213d.jpeg)

- Cav unit 

- gnashtoof hunt pack with a kruleboyz master 

- big yellerz cogfort 

Edited by Grunbag

I'd like to see dirty tricks just scrapped entirely. We can get a rule with the same name, but the current rule just doesn't feel like a kruleboyz rule? The flavor is almost entirely in the names and they don't really change how you play the game.
If we're going to keep the name something like command abilities that apply debuffs to enemy units would be pretty fitting I think.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 12:39 AM, Danaork said:

For a Kruleboyz's second wave, What's your wishlist for that if it happen ?

So, i want to see more swamp monsters, swamp Troggoths and wyverns.

I think that Kruleboyz doesn't feel like an army (2 type of troops and a bunch of monsters and heroes). That's why I would like to see some wargaming arche-types for a 2nd wave:

• An elite melee unit, with utility (something like monsta-killaz, but a proper unit instead of a warband).
  • A tech-unit: gnashtoof pack (fast light cavalry), gnashtoof riders (cavalry), Rambo-like guttrippaz (Grakk da Hook) with teleport, block enemy troops to advance or put mines on the field. Anything that give us another tool to play a bit diferent.
  • Siege-monster: A swamp-drake or giant croc with a howdah full of guttrippaz or a Killbow (or something like that). 
Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought Daggoks stab-ladz and read the lore from the cards, and I want to share this one because I loved it:

Unlike other orruks, Kruleboyz can think without having to speak aloud.

Edited by Someravella
  • Haha 5

Kruleboyz lore is pretty sweet, wish there was more of it around. I didn't like their lanky look at first but the lore and monsters turned me around, so this week I bought and assembled the stab-ladz to play in Warcry.

Here's hoping Kruleboyz receive something in 4th beyond a hero. I'm always down with fantasy cavalry, and I think some gobbos would be a good addition. Then they'd really have that classic O&G vibe.

• Like 1