Your Model of the Year

I love the big hammer energy the Bastian Carthalos mini has. Total badass. I like it so much I'll use him as a base for a proper Tzeentchian Chaos Sorcerer Lord despite feeling guilty for even messing with the model in the first place. Qulathis and Prince Duvalle are my other favorite mini releases of the year with SBGL being the coolest model range that came out. Hoping for Skaven and Seraphon next year. Well, at least Eldar seem to get something finally, so there's hope.

Not even blu tack can hold this properly together, so excuse my fingers... Will change some more details (like his feet, belly (I find abs on armor unfitting), the staff from Ahriman might become a weapon (I just wanted those gloves) and despite fitting Tzeentch, I might exchange the kneepads as they scream SCE) and ordered some more bits (might use Sigvald's shoulder pads to get closer to my initial design although i really like the Varanguard ones, got a bit of a Sephiroth vibe) but it's getting there... 

Head will be a custom 3d print although I also think about giving it an alternate one that looks like Malthael's hood... either by using the Harlequin mini or cutting my Sorc Lord on Manticore apart. Well, looooong way to go with more bits and quite a bit of sculpting but it's already my favorite thing I did this year. 

IMG_1411.jpg.848cfa497769faaba917ea34d3820d87.jpg

• Like 3

I think both for me would have to be Be'lakor. Just such a great kit. Absolutely gorgeous to look at with such a great presence that really seems to capture the character. Building was a breeze as it went together really well with the chains in particular being an inspired bit of model design and execution. A lot of fun to paint as well without being so busy that it was overwhelming. 

479873852_BeLakor.jpg.030ac98b922f59c6edaf71bc56006498.jpg

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

9 hours ago, Orbei said:

The best big dragon model we've ever had. So glad they can be built without any Stormcast accessories. 

vpZ4PANlyno5TGE4.jpg

That paint job is so cool the model looks 5 times better than the official reveal. I wasn't a huge fan of it until I've seen this image. Wish we'd have rules for a Chaos dragon as it's likely too big to use for something else we got access to. 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 2:07 AM, Grimrock said:

I think both for me would have to be Be'lakor. Just such a great kit. Absolutely gorgeous to look at with such a great presence that really seems to capture the character. Building was a breeze as it went together really well with the chains in particular being an inspired bit of model design and execution. A lot of fun to paint as well without being so busy that it was overwhelming. 

479873852_BeLakor.jpg.030ac98b922f59c6edaf71bc56006498.jpg

I will never ever be able to even begin to do such remarkable justice to this model! That is a fantasitc scheme.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I will never ever be able to even begin to do such remarkable justice to this model! That is a fantasitc scheme.

Thanks! He was a lot of fun to work on and I'm really happy with how he turned out. I was so happy when the changes to 3rd edition fixed all my in game issues with him and I could justify picking him up beyond just being a painting project. 

• LOVE IT! 1